Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-09, 05:47

Plan: Atkins Modified
Stats: 265/244.4/135 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

I like the way you think! You GO
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Mar-07-09, 05:11

Plan: Paleo-Schwarz
Stats: 168/165/128 Female 64 inches
BF:mucho/less/goal
Progress: 8%

Maybe we could start a "Treadmiller's"thread. Like daily mileage? To incline or not to incline, do it to music---what kind of music? watch tv while you treadmill?

I have one with an adjustable incline that goes fro 0% up to 12% (which is way more than I can do, currently). Oddly enough, music makes it more fun---salsa, Irish/Celtic, 80's rock, etc.

Do you tread to music? TV? what's your mileage usually like?
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Mar-07-09, 09:21
Never Give Up!!

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/139/140 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG4ME
Maybe we could start a "Treadmiller's"thread. Like daily mileage? To incline or not to incline, do it to music---what kind of music? watch tv while you treadmill?

I have one with an adjustable incline that goes fro 0% up to 12% (which is way more than I can do, currently). Oddly enough, music makes it more fun---salsa, Irish/Celtic, 80's rock, etc.

Do you tread to music? TV? what's your mileage usually like?

I think this is an awesome idea!!!! I know I'd participate, anyone else?

My mileage and times have been pretty steady these days, I could really use some motivation to 'up the ante' and I think a thread such as the one NRG4ME suggested would be perfect.

On most days I walk 1/2mile and jog 2 miles. Except today I ran 3, walked 1. And I absolutely MUST have music. Usually top 40 music, but lately I have been running to fast country, like T-R-O-U-B-L-E by Travis Trit has been getting me moving faster. Wierd cuz I normally don't like country music, but its all in the tempo when your running.
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Mar-07-09, 15:41

Plan: Atkins / M&E
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:

I always have the TV on in my home gym, but when I'm treadmilling I have my MP3 player in my ears.

By the way, I just got my Fitness magazine yesterday, and it has a feature on FREE workout music, 60 minute podcasts of mostly 140-180 beats per minute (ideal for running or walking fast). The link is at MotionTraxx.com, click on the Fitness Magazine link. I haven't visited it yet - my next stop after I cruise through these threads!
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Mar-08-09, 02:57

Plan: Paleo-Schwarz
Stats: 168/165/128 Female 64 inches
BF:mucho/less/goal
Progress: 8%

Thanks for the motionTrax link, I will check that out.

Yes, it's all about the beat/rythm! You jog? Good for you!! I'm not there yet.

Sometime I wait to TM until my favorite sit com is on: Frasier. that works, too.

Do you have pets? How do they act when you tread? I have a cat that goes stark raving silly when I tread---just runs all over the house and jumps and acts wild. He likes the noise.
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-11, 13:24

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 203/186/145 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

I am on my second proform treadmill (around $700 at sears) and loved both of them. they're both pretty basic, but they do what I bought them for and i have been really happy with both of them.
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Jan-18-11, 09:11
Registered Member

Plan: Low carb, keto
Stats: 230/215/180 Male 6'1
BF:
Progress:

http://www.nordictrack.com/webapp/w...129703_-1_59002

I just saw an ad for this NordicTrac on TV. It looks real nice. And has google maps. A little bit pricey though...