Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-02, 14:02

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Brian, off by 5% ? The number I'd heard for those scales was 7% ! We had a discussion on them not that long ago that might be of interest to you.

Unfortunately the formula was only available for women (I found it on a women's board) However, I have had positive feedback from this site (http://www.users.voicenet.com/~petr...ss/ckdcalc.html) - you might try it out for a rough estimate of % of BF.

HTH
Nat
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-02, 17:40

Plan: Atkins mostly
Stats: 243/231/200
BF:
Progress: 28%

Thanks Nat,

I am in the military and must follow strict guidance on my weight. If I am over my maximum allowable weight (and I am by 8 pounds now), then my body fat will be measured. At my age, they allow me 24%. The first time I stepped on the Tanita scale it told me I was at 31.1%. Two hours later (new toy and I was eager to get my money's worth) it showed me at 34.6%. Various fluctuations since.

I suppose I will just take it in stride and use the numbers as a rough estimate. Once the scale tells me I am below 24%, then I'll be happy. Thanks again.
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-02, 22:03

Plan: atkins/PP/my own
Stats: 180/133/140
BF:sz 14/4-6/toned 4
Progress: 118%
Lightbulb reality check

Nat,

Thanks so much for the calculator. I think posting it as a sticky may help many of us who get a little too carried away....It's a good reality check.

BTW, I did mine, and got a 25.4 %. Borderline overweight/healthy. Most importantly, my "fat-free" self weighs 125.96 pounds. Hee hee, I really am big-boned!! Well, at least medium-boned. Interestingly, I calculated my goal weight of 145 into it, and got BF % of 13.13! This seems ridiculously low. 145 pounds felt like it would be a good weight, but according to this 152-155 would be better.

Oh well, I really don't care about the poundage much anyway, I really just want to be a size 8!
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Feb-14-02, 18:05
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 166/159/132
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default Ab toner

Hi,

A friend I work with got one of these things, I don't think he likes it much, he hasn't used it alot. He said it almost feels like it's shocking you, you have to put jelly on the area, in order for it to make the 'contact'. That comment turned the whole group of us he was talking too off right away!

He said he put it on his girlfriend, and was messing around with the different settings and she said to get it off NOW and never put it back on her. She's a thin person, if that matters. I don't think its as comfortable to wear as they have us believe on TV. He said he'd bring it in, but are we all gonna rub jelly on ourselves at work to try it? doubtful!

Anyhow, scam is the word from the sounds of it. It might work if you can handle the feeling of it. Another friend says the chiropractor uses a similar device on her, but it's to relax her muscles.

Kathy