Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-09-11, 06:24

Plan: low carb/high fat
Stats: 179/154/135 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 57%
Default Dec-Jan Chat

I'm not doing so good with my eating. Awful, in fact. I'm trying really hard to get back on track and not having success. Blah I'm already at the weight that I wanted to end my pregnancy with and I have 8-9 weeks to go. Hopefully, I can pull it together soon. lol

I still haven't gone baby shopping yet. Gotta get on that really soon. It dawned on me last night that I have 5 weeks 'til I'm considered full-term. Sooooo, it's time to get my butt in gear.

How's everyone else??
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-12-11, 22:58

Plan: C:12 P:60 F:satiety
Stats: 220/177.6/142 Female 5'5
BF:0/0/0
Progress: 54%

i'm doing okay. this time of year is difficult anyways for eating right but all things considered i think im doing okay. if i up the carbs too much i get pukey still (at 22 weeks) so i have incentive that way to keep things from getting out of control with the carbs

eriksgirl i wouldnt worry too much about your weight so long a youre feeling healthy and everythings going well
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Dec-13-11, 08:03

Plan: low-carb/high-fat
Stats: 324/184/150 Female 5.5 feet
BF:
Progress: 80%

My eating is still basically whatever I want, whenever I want! It's awful - I've found it nearly impossible to reel myself in. I try; like yesterday, I had Greek yogurt, cheese, spinach chicken meatballs and mashed cauliflower...but I just NEEDED something more and was completely miserable until I caved and had some candy. I know if I just push through it, the cravings will eventually subside, but my GOD the cravings are strong! I honestly don't know how I'll get back to eating well again - I don't want to be a miserable bitch while pregnant, especially around the holidays! In the past, I've used low-carb specialty products like Atkins bars to sort of get me over the hump, but I don't want to consume all those artificial sweeteners and chemicals while I'm pregnant, either

I haven't really gone baby shopping yet, either, but this is my first, so my friend is throwing a shower for me near the end of January, and I believe my mother is planning a little family shower for February as well. I do need to get my butt going on painting the baby furniture, though...
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Dec-15-11, 12:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 232/208.8/154 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 30%

I missed this Was talking to myself in the other chat!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Dec-18-11, 11:07

katzue, congrats on your boy!! that's so exciting

i've been feeling like crap and eating totally off plan. i'm puffy and nauseous and lethargic and feel gross and it's my own damn fault.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Dec-18-11, 15:38

BF:

Hi, all!!!! Katzue, congrats on a little boy!!!! So exciting!!

Walnut, I'm sorry you're not feeling well. It is soooooo hard to stay on plan with all those pesky pregnancy hormones.

I'm going to the midwife every two weeks now. One more visit and I'll be seeing her every week. Seems hard to believe......it's gone by so fast.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Dec-19-11, 00:11

awww, that's so exciting that you're in the homestretch now!!

i had a much better eating day today, and can already feel the difference just after one day of lowcarbing it. my mental clarity is soo much better.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Dec-19-11, 07:17

BF:

I had a bit of an "oh, crap!" moment yesterday. I sat down with a calendar to sort out my schedule. Late March seems FOREVER away (time is draging for me with this pregnancy), but when I sat and wrote out what needs to be done and what our plans are for all the weekends between now and then, we may not have time for everything! This baby better stay in there until the due date, or we're screwed! Between holidays, birthdays (both my niece's birthdays fall in there), classes (breastfeeding, "childbirth express," baby care, and maternity tour), baby showers (one by/for friends, one by/for family), and actually finishing the nursery and preparing for his arrival, I don't know how we'll get it all done. But, we'll manage...just going to be busy, busy, busy!
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Dec-22-11, 10:50

BF:

Everyone ready for the holidays?? I bought myself an extra week for shopping since we're not going to visit my family until New Year's :P
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Dec-23-11, 15:55

BF:

I finally have everything complete except cooking. Presents wrapped, stockings stuffed, and hubby made it home last night. Yay!! This is the first time he's been home all month.

Finally got all the baby shopping done except for a car seat. I'm pretty proud of myself considering that I have absolutely no energy whatsoever.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Dec-23-11, 21:59

i still have to wrap presents, but i think i have everything. picked up the rest of the christmas food today

must feel great to have all of your baby shopping done!

my husband just got a promotion, so we've been pretty happy about that. the timing couldnt be any better.
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Dec-24-11, 12:27

#13   ^
Old Sat, Dec-24-11, 13:17

Plan: Paleo/atkins
Stats: 289/155/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 96%

Hey all!!
I'm back after a massive backslider into the land of over 30 lbs.
I'm back and feeling way better!!
I'm now 18 weeks. Get my big ultrasound on jan 3rd.
I actually look pregnant this time instead of ultra fat!!
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Dec-26-11, 14:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 232/208.8/154 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 30%

I'm 19 weeks, my next dr appointment is Jan 3rd, and I haven't scheduled my ultrasound yet.

We went on vacation for 8 days Dec 10-18, then when we came back my grandfather fell ill and died short after. I've been so busy with funeral arrangements and traveling, that it doesn't feel like Christmas and I think I might be slightly depressed
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Dec-26-11, 17:28

Plan: Paleo/atkins
Stats: 289/155/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 96%

Katzue its really easy to become depressed especially when you are pregnant. I'm so sorry for your loss.
Yeah holidays are hard for me because I have to send my kids with my ex I've been really depressed myself.
Big hugs and prayers to you and yours!!