Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-03-18, 12:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/220/150 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress:
Default Tired of Being Tired!

Hello everyone, I am JosieLee. I am almost 60 and I am tired of being tired! One day I do this diet the next day I start another! I have noticed that when I LC I do not ache so much in my knees BUT I have a really hard time sticking to this way of life for longer than 2 weeks. Talk about screwing up your metabolism I sure I have done a great job! Please help me stay on track. I already have a personal trainer and work out 5 days a week doing HIIT circuits. I need help staying on track with my eating. I really feel that this is my best way because I cannot just eat one piece of sugar. One day this week I ate 2 oatmeal cakes, 2 honey buns and 2 little debbie birthday cakes. I was so sick by the end of the day. I need help......
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-03-18, 13:14

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Hi Joisie Lee, Hopefully you will get a bunch of different answers and help from others. My message will be blunt.

Postpone your HIIT training, all training, for 3 months and get your eating in order. If you are having trouble sticking past 2 weeks on LC adding that exercise will make it more than 2 times more difficult in my opinion.

This coming from an avid "exerciser" sent to you in the kindest way possible for maximum benefit.

Do one thing well at first, start with what you are putting into your mouth. 90 days.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-03-18, 13:15

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Hi JosieLee, you have comt to the right place for support. Lots of information, challenges, recipes and new friends.

As for sticking to the LC regime. Perhaps you need to master a few LC versions of your favorites. There is a LC poke cake, and while I have not looked for a honey bun, Im sure there must be.ANd if not , find other sweeets you might like to eat.

I ate these yummies as I learned how to eat LC. And my teen boys LOVE low carb chocochip cookies!!

I find the 90 day change your habit challenge helpful. Some folks choose a food related goal. For me, 90 days of no pizza, except for 3 allowances. used up my 3 chances quickly, then got serious and today is 90 days fulfilled!! THis challenge, which is one I designed for me, was effective as I wanted to WIN. When I had trouble with ham, it has too much sugar, I also gave it a 90 day challenge.....and that has kept ham out of my mouth.

For what it is worth, I used to be a geat baker. Breads, cookies, more breads. ANd ate it all. For 25 years I baked. BUT.....When I understood how all this was killing me, I stopped making bread. STOPPED. Cold turkey.

Found a recipe for low carb pizza dough, or I just make a pizza of everything but the crust/dough.

Otherwise, I focus on how good I feel when low carbing, but still I can trip up, and starting eating before I really thought it through. Then instead of swalowing, spat it out.

I also use brain support supplements. I have trouble with impulse control, so I use suport supplements.

Once I am low carbing, I can skip those sweets because I think before eating it and can choose. When I dont stick to the program, the breads and sweets are in control.

So you are not alone binging on these goodies. I have learned the steps to keep me on track. AND YOU CAN DO THIS TOOOOOO.

Welcome!!!

Last edited by Ms Arielle : Thu, May-03-18 at 13:25.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-03-18, 13:26

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

I agree with thud. I can loose weight without adding to my exercise program.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-03-18, 13:53

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 230/165/160 Male 67
BF:
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thud123
Postpone your HIIT training, all training, for 3 months and get your eating in order.
Do one thing well at first, start with what you are putting into your mouth. 90 days.

I had never considered that aspect, but it makes a lot of sense.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-03-18, 14:05

Plan: LC RPAH/FailSafe
Stats: 137/136/136 Female 67"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi, JosieLee. Welcome!

I find it helps me a lot to have a plan I can live with. If it is too strict, I would slip off plan, due to feeing deprived. If the plan is too loose, I wouldn't get the results I am looking for.

I wish you much joy choosing a plan you like.

There are some really good support threads here for different plans.

Have a look around and see what seems to fit you best.

All the best to you.