Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-15, 06:56

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 166/156/145 Female 66
BF:24
Progress: 48%
Unhappy Misery loves company

So sad to report that I have fallen off the wagon. Two days in a row I dipped into the big heart candy box at work. I pathetically took dark chocolate. Does it really matter when the dark chocolate is filled with sugary filling? No I think not. I deliberately allowed myself some "cheats" over the Christmas holiday and on several dinners out but they felt controlled. The two candy episodes felt out of control and dangerous. I'm pretty sure I have retained fluid from it too. I am at the six month mark in another week. I think I am holding back from really committing to this woe. One thing leading to another, I had three breaded chicken tenders that actually tasted like they had sugar in them too. Lesson learned? Plan ahead and eat my food from home. Stop trying to half a__ it and stick to the allowed foods. Get back into ketosis and lose the weight. I am 7 pounds from goal, a perfect time to sabotage the whole effort made so far.

I probably need to reflect on just how far I am willing to go to maintain my weight loss once I get to goal. It seems that my subconscious has not totally bought into the deal.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-15, 08:26

Plan: whole foods
Stats: 240/180/140 Female 63 inches
BF:too f'ing much
Progress: 60%

Just make sure you get up one more time than you fell down.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-15, 09:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 217/145/143 Female 171cm
BF:
Progress: 97%

I always think that it gets harder rather than easier as you near your goal.. There isn't such a big incentive if you feel relatively slim, and everyone's telling you how good you look, plus weightloss is so slow or non-existent.. At your stage, it's a psychological battle, so you just need to keep fighting the good fight.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Feb-14-15, 07:58

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 166/156/145 Female 66
BF:24
Progress: 48%

I think I know this place, having been here before. You are right Kirsteen, just get satisfied my clothes fit better and lose sight of the goal. The thought of going back to basics is not appealing. However I think It would be helpful. It's been a long time since I had the ketosis flu. Not looking forward to that scenario.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Feb-14-15, 11:30

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobinsky
It seems that my subconscious has not totally bought into the deal.

You might want to read "The Happiness Hypothesis: Finding Modern Truth in Ancient Wisdom" by Jonathan Haidt.

His illustration about the elephant & rider is right on.

added - if you don't want to read the book, Tom has good brief explanation at Fathead.

Last edited by Bonnie OFS : Sat, Feb-14-15 at 11:34. Reason: additional comment