Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 19:13

Plan: south beach
Stats: 150/150/140 Female 68
BF:
Progress:
Default kids on sb

My daughter (12) and I (i'm not telling) are on the sbd. My daughter is never going to be a skinny little thing (thank God) cuz she's just built like an athlete, which she is. The problem is that the baby fat I kept waiting for her to lose, never went away. She is VERY thick around the middle. She is already 5'7" so she hides it well, but even she is not happy about the way she looks. Because of her age, it is very hard for her to do the stict phase 1, and I'm not sure I want her to be on such a strict schedule. She has very low amounts of carbs morning and night, but usually buys hot lunch at school. She does not eat the bread or desert though. Sometimes she will bring a low carb lunch from home, but she doesn't want to stand out. I'm concerned that because her food now if higher in fat and the carbs aren't 20 grams, that I am doing more harm than good. My thoughts are that she's more starting on phase 2 so i thought it would be ok. Does anyone have an answer to this, or has anyone done this and still lost good weight?

My other question is with all the low carb foods out there now, is it ok to be eating those of phase 1? I'm asking that for her and myself. I know the candy isn't good to have because you won't lose your taste for sweets, but I'm talking the breads, pasta etc. In moderation of course. Thank you so much to anyone who can help.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 06:59
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 270/266/140 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 3%

I noticed no one has answered so I'm going to render my humble opinion, even though I haven't been here 24 hours. Sorry. I'm gabby, and also can't stand to see someone unanswered

I would say given the choice between plain old bad carbs and the products that are out there for low carbers, the products would be better. But that won't solve the school lunch problem.