Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-04-07, 15:52

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%
Lightbulb I think the SP forum is in danger of closure...

Hi ya'll!

Just wanted to get a current list of those who are following Schwarzbein Principle (closely or loosely), or are in general, eating a whole foods diet--just in case this part of the LC forum is closed. When there isn't a lot of activity in an area, they close that area, which makes sense.

So if you are a whole fooder (SPPer, SPer, whatever you wanna call your program), and if you have a journal here, chime in so I can bookmark you for the future.

Hope everyone is doing well and eating well! --Betty
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-05-07, 04:37
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Just for the record, we have no plans on closing the SP forum. So feel free use this space.

In the event that our members no longer need this space, we simply move all threads here into other LC sub-forum.

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-07-07, 11:43

BF:

Thanks for that update, I am glad to hear this. It seems this forum goes in spurts, all or nothing so to speak. Appreciate you! --Betty
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-07, 10:38

Plan: Like to start Scwarzbien
Stats: 298/290/119 Female 5 feet, 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Hi, oh no! PLEASE do not close this forum! I'm just starting Dr. s plan! I need all the help I can get! I have noticed in just trying to manuvere around here not much is happening. Does anyone know why that is? Is it too hard to prepare or do ahead? Is it not effective? I don't want to leap "whole hog" into something and then find out what others new, it really doesn't work.
I was reading the reviews by Amazon and after 2002, there were hardly any reviews and I find the same thing here. Thank goodness I fell onto this thread. Hope I can find my way back again? By the way, how do you get the cute icons into your stuff?
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-07, 14:43

BF:

You can access a lot of other peoples' journals from my own journal and read about their SP journey.

WELCOME to WHOLE FOODS LIVING!

You have made the rigth choice to eat well and get good health!

We don't post on this forum much, since no one reads it. But I have a journal and post fairly regularly. I don't follow her book exactly, but have adapted it for my own lifestyle. I've been at it for 5.5 years and have lost almost 100 pounds.

Just click on the JOURNAL link at the bottom of this post. Be warned, the journal is LONG, it was started about 5 years ago after all! But you can link to other journals from mine and see the progress.

Best wishes to you, looking forward to hearing of your progress. Be sure to start your own journal! Or you can just visit others.

--Betty
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-07, 16:05

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 186/181.5/125 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%

I"m here! I was very successful at losing over 50 pounds on SPI and I'm going back to that plan tomorrow. Paleo is not enough carbs and I'm not feeling 100% like I was on SP. I got tired of writing down all my carbs but you know what?....looking back on how I felt then, and how I feel now, it's worth it! I got myself a new notebook and pen and have my carb book all ready to go.

I'll post here from now on, please post with me!!!! I also have a journal I'll be updating. I do travel a lot so there will be stretches of days that I'm not here but I'll definitely post when I am.

Ann
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jul-25-07, 17:04

BF:

Welcome back Ann! Remember, the key is whole foods in balance. There is no other formula, they are all hinged on that.

WHOLE FOODS
BALANCED MEALS

Remember, the square box, with each equal square:
protein.
fat.
starchy veg & fruit.
non starchy veggies.

Glad to see you have a journal. I try to get around as much as I can, but I find when I spend too much time here, I get behind on life and work and get frustrated. So I tend to stick to my journal and that's it. But I will visit as much as I can. GOD BLESS! --Betty
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jul-25-07, 19:01

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 186/181.5/125 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%

I reread her book today and feel confident between that and looking thru my old food diaries that I have a pretty good handle on it. I'm gone so much but I try to update my journal when I"m around. I'm going to try to get some updates in before the school season starts soon!