Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-03-05, 12:28

Plan: my own
Stats: 290/189/150 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 72%
Default thinking of ttc in Nov....what now??

Ok...We have pretty much decided that I will go off the BCP in November (when new ins kicks in). This will be #6 for us....kinda a scarey thought..but it just feels right. Anyway, I think something that is hard for me is that I have just worked REALLY hard and lost 90 lbs so I don't want to gain a ton.
In fact, I haven't even made it to goal yet. I just hate losing all the weight jut to regain (did this with #3..lost 50 and gained it back while pg) So..with all of your advice, I was wondering if I start at 170...how much should I gain etc.

thanks
Janel
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-03-05, 17:00

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 222/199/120 Female 62.5
BF:?/30/20
Progress: 23%

I would say if you gain anything, I would say the usual 10 to 15 lbs, that is not knowing how tall you are or what your weight should be, ha, ha, like I trust most of the weight charts. Anyway, with my last one, I lost weight from about 195 down to 185 at the end, I haven't done so well this time, but if you keep lc, around 60 to 100 gms of carb in a day, you should do fine, and keep your weight in control. The important thing is to continue to eat all the good things, veggies, good meats, and fats, and not go overboard, since that is easy to do pregnant, and not give yourself excuses, like I have this time. You can have very healthy baby, and a very healthy pregnancy if you eat to feel your best, and fill your body with nurishing, healthy good food. You don't need to radically change the way you eat.
Tanya