Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-02, 16:34

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 178/145/147
BF:
Progress: 106%
Smile Hi, I am new

Hi everybody I am new to this forum and not sure how to even use it. I have read Dr. Atkins book several times and after another unsuccessful go at WW decided it was finally time to give Dr. Atkins a go. I have been on Induction for 11 days now and am feeling great this morning (after going through terrible headaches, and no energy) I have been reading all your letters to this forum but have not had to 'guts' to register so today I decided to jump head in and give it a go......
I would be very interested as to how to get into the recipe section as I am so sick of eggs and bacon for breakfast (I can't beleive I said that) as my mouth use to water watching my kids eat that for breakfast while I was on WW.
I hope I can become an active member on here and become friends to you all.
Oh and by the way I live very close to you LucyCL. I would try to contact you on here but not sure how.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-02, 16:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/209/165
BF:
Progress: 12%

Hi Marg!

Glad you registered! It's so great here and I think you will find it so very useful. I know I have...

I know what you mean about breakfast. I used to salivate even at the thought of bacon and now it's like become so hum drum. Goes to that old saying "the grass is always greener on the other side". Now that we are allowed to have all those treats we don't care for them anymore.

I haven't used the recipe's yet but plan to. If you go up to the orange bar there is a section for Low Carb recipe's. There is a link on the top of that page for user's recipes that I've I have found helpful. Also, check out the forum topic "Tip's/Techniques. I enjoy those too.

Amazing how resourceful these folks can be!

Best of luck!
Kelly
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-02, 18:31
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%
Cool

Hello Marg and welcome!
Recipes: You can see them on the orange bar as Kellys suggests or you can go to the Kitchen: Low Carb recipes bit. Scroll to the top of this page to "Active Low Carber Forums" and scroll down there until you find the Kitchen bit.
Also, on that page (the main page I guess), you'll find at the top an Introductions and a Newbies section.
Do use them; you'll find heaps of help in the newbies bizzo.
You might also find (as I did) that this bit (the Aussie section) isn't used as much as the general places. (I like the Atkins place)
Also, (I'm giving orders here a bit, aren't I?) do go to the journal, bootcamp bit, if you keep a bit of a diary there and post your menus, all sorts of nice people pop in with helpful comments.
I'm so glad to hear you're feeling great and you've lost 5 lbs already!
That's wonderful!
By the way, I think almost everyone here is a failer WWer!
Keep up the good work!

Rosebud
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-02, 20:41

Stats: 249/193/160
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default Welcome Marg

Hi!!

Great to have another Aussie!

Induction isn't too bad - I am almost out the other side. I am not a big egg eater or a breakfast eater, so I have found that for me, the easiest brekky is:
sliced meat from deli wrapped around a celery stick. I walk to walk crunching on it. /yummy

Here is a link to some Aussie recipes - in metric - with the carb breakdowns. Most of this stuff is post induction though.

http://www.carb-lite.au.com/ethnicaussiegourmet.html

Good luck and hope to get to know you better here.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-02, 02:29

Stats: 146/135/132
BF:
Progress: 79%
Cool Hello

Hi Marg!
Well I am intrigued as to where you live! You can contact me via the private messaging service, but you need to have posted 25 posts before you can do so. I'm not sure how private messaging (PM) works - I have only sent one PM so far (to KLouise) and I'm not sure if she got it!

Still, once you have achieved your 25 posts you will be able to PM me! I dont think we are allowed to give out email addresses here.

It would be nice to chat though!

take care Lucy
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-02, 15:57

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 178/145/147
BF:
Progress: 106%
Smile Yummy breakies to look forward to

Thanks for your replies and now I can look forward to some yummy breakfasts after Induction only 3 more days to go!!! I will let you know how my weight is going after I finish Induction. This morning I am feeling on top of the world and I know it is due to my new eating habits