Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2446   ^
Old Wed, Aug-30-17, 01:29

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

OMG...up at 2:30AM...I have a UTI. I thought I felt it coming on last evening. Sure enough...pain, blood etc. I went to our local 24 hr supermarket at 3AM and got some Uricalm. It is supposed to relieve the pain and urgency. I sat in the store parking lot gulping water and taking 2 of the pills. It will not cure the infection, but is supposed to relieve the pain. Remains to be seen. I will call the Dr. as soon as his office opens. Thank goodness this hit now and not 2 weeks from now when we'll be getting on a cruise ship! I hate to have to take antibiotics, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Hope I can still get to the hair salon to get my hair done.....it needs it!
Sponsored Links
  #2447   ^
Old Wed, Aug-30-17, 03:34

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco, thanks for the info about the college thing. I just have no clue on it but I guess I am going to start learning about this stuff now I must say I like colleges already contacting her in some way, seems way too soon but at least she is on someone's radar I guess?

Glad your boys are doing well and getting their ducks in a row and getting settled....biggest worry for my kiddo is the stupid locker lock... , she said it was 10 mins. of fiddling to get the thing open HA She said everyone can't open their lock

Lori, must be color hair time, Nicco mentioned it and you and I did mine the other day also...ahh, all us gals looking sharp now
Hope DH can swing with that shoulder! Nothing worse than when something limits you like a bad shoulder or back or whatever. Hope he is improved enough to have some fun out on the course.

Blue, so much work your head is spinning, I feel for ya but I know you want and need the great income from this so you just keep working your little butt off The cold martini sounds like a nice touch to relax ya Glad you had a good fun time and are chilled out now!!

Jaz, HUH What? What'the? I am so lost LOL
but you sound ok so that is great!!!!

HI ALL
off for errands today
Barb and I are heading to the 'big city' area -- --to goof off and hit a few stores that are out of the way etc. Chill and get out the house day. We will probably hit something like Golden Corral (buffet joint down here) and I can stay on zero carb easily and she gets what she wants.
Kiddo in school frees me up to just roam more and I love that!
Chilly here and thought of even closing the pool makes me sick Heck I just opened the darn thing didn't I?

everyone have a great day!
  #2448   ^
Old Wed, Aug-30-17, 04:56

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning all
I am glad to be back to a sense of normal. So in a nut shell- my gal pal- showed up in last Thur. with a guy friend from my past. We had remained friends. It was not a big deal until she went on and he stayed a couple days.

We all really did have a great time goofing around Atlanta for a couple days. However- having just a small apt I had no space to privacy for ANYTHING.
Then it got awkward after she left and he hung out here for 2 more days before heading out. He ended up flying back.
But I had no space- I am peopled out.
I think there was a hope that things might have been rekindled- but it never happened. So that in a nutshell where I have been for days.

I have been been watching the saga play out in Houston- wow. So devastating. So these poor people were told to shelter in place- then they were told to get out.
And we think we got problems. They are saying there are tons of snakes in the water. I feel for them.

So the Ava update- My DD, got interviewed last night. The news in Greenville was doing a story on the Ronald McDonald house and those that stay there. It was a fundraising piece. But they included little Ava in the story. Apparently the 6 families staying there right now all have babies in the NICU - BTW- new PIC's via email. She is doing GREAT! Little bitty thing!

Did great on my WOE- when my friended were here. We even went to a waffle house at 4 am- I had an egg.
-------------------------------------
Blue- So glad you seem to have a plan an appear to be working hard! I am very relieved for you. I know that whatever is in the mix whether it is a move or not- you will be OK!
Also too- I love the fact you are putting yourself out there, ready to move forward! GO GAL!!!!!!!
Old Alfred Hitchcock Movies - Boy does that bring back the memories. One can even smell the must and his pipe!!!

Lori- OUCH- I'm sorry about your UTI. WATER WATER WATER!!! I am glad you are getting to a doctor asap. Those are no joke.
You might need to just relax today as well!

Tri- glad you are feeling better. did I read that DUKE U- is interested in your KIDDO????????? Isn't she just 12? What does all that mean?
It has been a minute since my kids were in school. Scholarship???

Leeann- In school full swing and you got a pic from the DS18. Sounds like he is having a blast. Hard to believe that we are into another school year.
I am also interested to hear that you are back to WOE basic. You are back to your losing mode? Glad to hear you are nipping that in the bud before that gets outta control! Trust me from someone that happened too! It was overnight! So I am glad you are addressing that!

KMOM- I need a reboot with water! But I have some good water- so good to go today.
I hear ya - in warrior strong mode- CaptD!!!!!!!!

One last thing - Blue- I re-read your post. I love the way you put that sentence- a change in the wind. Not bad news, not good news- but just a change.
Don't we all feel that way sometimes. A change in the wind? Life is not static. Well said!

Have a good one all-
Crack slaw for dinner.
  #2449   ^
Old Wed, Aug-30-17, 08:33

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Blue: I loved your friend's advice and wisdom. I want to remember that. Some day I will ask you about all these quaint restaurants you go to! I want to take my daughter out once in a while and would love to try some new places. Still hoping that you come to a clear decision and feel peace about it.

Jaz: Wow is all I can say. I saw the first post before you edited it and my jaw just dropped. You were so blind sighted. As you say, your friend had good intentions, but did not think that one out too well beforehand. Good job on only getting an EGG at the waffle house.

Nic: Ahhhh....things seem to going well for your boys. Oh, there will be some blips in the future, but for now it is a time to rejoice and be glad. And fun to be planning a wedding.

Lori: UTI. Ugh! Hope you got an appointment today with your doctor. I had never heard of the medicine you picked up in the middle of the night. Did it relieve the pain - at least some?

Trigger - Yeah, pool time may be coming to a close - but FREE TIME is just beginning for you with the kiddo in school! Gotta be thankful for that! Hope you have a fun time with your pal!

I had a planned treat last night. Let's see how I do today. I am hoping to make up for it by eating less. Only a shake for dinner. Again, we'll see. SD is coming for three days this Friday. Not much else happening as i am trying to stay calm and void of stress (as much as possible). I know my heart can do what it wants because it is the electrical system that is wonky - but somehow just staying calm and not doing much seems like I am doing my part. Plus I am walking almost every day. I also am making sure I get my water in.

On that note, please start posting your water today if you want to be part of Water Hounds. Thanks.

K-Mom 10x4
  #2450   ^
Old Wed, Aug-30-17, 08:49

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz- so did this friend give you a heads up that she was bringing a male guest to your condo along with her or did he just show up with her? If it was the latter, I would likely be pissed, even if he was my friend. I mean, bringing a friend to dinner or something is one thing but an additional houseguest is quite another!
Glad you had fun and stayed on plan. I hope you can link us to the story on McDonald House and Ava once it is up on the web.
Also, no pics as of yet in my inbox but will be watching for them.

KMom- Glad your heart is behaving itself and beating along as it should! I would not have guessed it after the other short-lived corrections but that is great news!! Just goes to show the benefit of continuing to try!

Trig- I bet you do feel bummed about your pool closing. Not only did you open it not long ago but it took a while for you to get on top of getting the water clear IIRC.

Blue- Thanks, Hon. I lived in Houston from ages 6-9 and then from 13-18, then returning home summers until I graduated college and got my own apartment elsewhere. The vast majority of my HS class has settled in either Houston or Austin.
Girl, your friend sounds like the kind of friend everyone should have, and I know you are equally as good a friend to her. She is completely correct: Good news, Bad news, and Unanswered News. That last category can be a bear because not knowing is a hard place to be, but she is right indeed that that doesn't make it bad. Very interesting paradigm shift that I would like to adopt as the last category is so very hard to dwell in for me.

•••••••••••

All is well here!

After dropping off DS15 yesterday, it was rainy and cool and icky, so I just decided to bite the bullet and get my tired replaced at Costco since I needed to do it by winter time anyway. The cleaning crew was at my house so I didn't really want to hang out at home. So I spent about a couple of hours there and now it is done, with lifetime balance and rotation included.

Then about an hour after I got home, it was time to head out with my Chicks to a Paint Nite. We went early for dinner (which ugh, it was not good and the Yelp reviews warned us of that, but whatevs) and then were waiting for Paint Nite to start, but the lady in charge didn't show. Turns out she was in a car accident on the way and was en route to the hospital! Poor woman! So we left there and went to one of the ladies' homes and sat and talked instead. We will use our vouchers on another night instead.

Hanging out and getting all the sheets and towels washed this morning, then I might take the dogs for a walk. It is beautiful outside. Thin cut ribeye and salad for DH and I tonight!
  #2451   ^
Old Wed, Aug-30-17, 13:57

BF:

Hi again,

The Uricalm that I picked up in the middle of the night was a God send. It relieved the pressure and pain so that I did not pray for death every time I had to "go". I got into the Dr at 8:45 this morning. I called as soon as the office was open and they said come right in. I'm on a heavy antibiotic for 10 days and just took it easy today. I cancelled my hair appt until tomorrow. Hoping to feel much better by then. Now to hope I don't have any of the side effects listed for the antibiotics....what can you do?

I'm drinking LOTS of water and making many trips to the loo. So it goes.

Jaz...so glad you are back in the loop here. I really missed your posts! Thanks again for sharing the pictures of Ava....what a fighter!

Trig...hope you enjoyed your day roaming in the "big city"! We all need days like that. I can't believe it's time to think about closing the pool! Nooooo!

Nic...sorry your paint night was cancelled and hope the lady involved in the car accident was not hurt too badly.

KMom...glad to hear that you're staying calm and getting out walking. Hope you have a nice weekend.

Blue....another busy day? Hope all your projects are coming together perfectly.

Ok...time for more water.....sigh.......
  #2452   ^
Old Wed, Aug-30-17, 17:23

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all---

Lori---Ugh, UTI's are no fun. Have had them myself. SO good you got in there and nipped it in the bud. They can go systemic and be dangerous. I wouldn't worry about the antibiotics too much, much better than the alternative!

Trigger---Fun day for you and Barb! Love a day out w/a gal pal.

Nic---I'm curious, what does "paint night" consist of? Sounds fun, but I'm wondering what kind of fun.

Yeah, me too Nic on the struggle with the "unanswered news." Have I mentioned I hate irresolution? Yeah, I think I have about 30 times. BUT, what I am beginning to explore in my positive list is that unanswered news gives one some room to let things resolve themselves, to find the opportunities. You're not getting everything you want, for sure, but you might be getting more than you thought in the end that answers to things you haven't dared to want.

Like for me, living a lot smaller, but without so much stress. With less STUFF and space, but more freedom. EVERY decision is a trade off.

Jaz---OMG, little Ava looks almost strapping if you can't see the contrast between her and other full term babies. THANK YOU so much for the pix!!!! Ava doesn't even know it and she has 5 Low carb aunties following her every move and stretch for growth.

Wow, can't believe your pal showed up with such a surprise! Know there's lots of back story here we're not hearing. 2 days in your small apartment w/some guy you used to love, but DON'T now, oh my. Pheeeeeeeeeew. Bet you're feeling plenty OK w/having your own life back.

K-mom---I have found that if I have only ONE planned treat---not a day or a whole meal of it, and IF I snap back the next day, and even make an extra effort to cut down on even my LC food, I don't see much damage on the scale.

Staying calm isn't just good for your heart, it's good for all of us. They say we are what we eat. True enough. But I also think we are what we THINK. It takes discipline to not let the self talk and stream of consciousness stray down stressful and negative paths for too long. I have to short stop that in myself all the time these days. And just say, you have NOW, and it's a good day. Let it be, and move on tomorrow.

Wed. water: 4/3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another super busy day for me. Work stuff and personal stuff. So many i's to dot and t's to cross these days. Taking them as they come, some days I can do more, some days less. Some days I just tell myself get these 3 things done and you're DONE, unless you want to go further. And sometimes I do.

Other than my iced cream and coffee this AM---had to give up the BPC for a bit as it was messing w/my tummy---I am having a one meal day. Dinner, and I'm off to it. Nice New York strip and a wedge salad w/tomatoes, black olives and blue cheese and sunflower seeds.

Another day on plan. I'll take it.
  #2453   ^
Old Wed, Aug-30-17, 18:28

BF:

Hey my dear gal pals!
I quickie again- but 2/2 today- posts

So I sent those that are on email- (KMOM)- any time)- I sent a partial news post- that was my DD speaking. I hope to have full story tomorrow. A small piece back set Ava lost weight today- a full 1/2 pound. She is now down to 1.5 pounds. Sorta set back. But she is still kicking and full of it- so GO AVA!!!!!!!!

So to answer question Leeann- this guy that showed up was a guy I ....... well loved and wanted to marry. We lived together for a year after my divorce. And things got complicated. And I left Ohio. He has been here and there sporadic for a visit (WHEN I INVITED) - but it has been almost 1.5 since I have seen him. I was also thin then too!
Needless to say he was shocked at my tummy- and I was shocked to see him. = not a great mix- and I have not much else to say. Just good intentions I guess but as BLUE said- there was a lot to that back story - and it sorta got well ......... I will leave it at that.

Trig------- Pool closing........... I'm so sorry(((((( The end of another season- darn

Lori- so glad you went to the Doctor!!!!!! Please drink up

KMOM-........HAPPY FACE FOR ME 5/5 and still drinking ...(ok Recovery from weekend) - HAHAHA but will take it. The guy and I were not drinking water!!!!! I did not get on scale- I need water - water water.....
How are you doing? Is everything ok with you? you are so private I worry.

EVERYONE- So this book was recommended- went and paid 27 dollars for it on my lunch hour.

Lets do a book study on this one???? YES??????
Called Joy- written by Dalai Lama and co by Desmond Tutu
Authored by a Jewish guy. So The Dali and Tutu got together and celebrated the 80th birthday for a week of the Dali. Joy was the topic- it was filmed and written by a Jewish guy. It is just about finding Joy- not religion but just about finding that place within us all in spite of circumstance of life.

So I just picked it up- read the first couple pages and it looks to be great! - Takers in a book discussion?

Have a great night
  #2454   ^
Old Wed, Aug-30-17, 19:44

BF:

FULL STORY UP!!!!!!!!! Check email- KMOM- always welcome!
I am also sharing this with my company as they are looking for a charity to donate to

Hummmmm some I have sent to can't open story-
WYFF Greenville- under top stories in middle- Ronald McDonald expansion

Last edited by Jaz66 : Wed, Aug-30-17 at 19:57.
  #2455   ^
Old Thu, Aug-31-17, 03:28

BF:

Good Morning!

Feeling MUCH better this morning and the scale is at a new low! Funny, you don't realize how bad you were feeling until you feel good again! I'm drinking lots of water and also water with a couple TBS of raw apple cider vinegar in it a few times a day.

I think I'm going to freeze my boot camp membership for the month of September. With not feeling the best and my vacations coming up, I would only get to go a few times next month. We'll see what they say...I've emailed asking them if I can freeze it. Seems to me they used to do that, but may not anymore. I will need to keep up with some ab exercises and do some toning so I don't totally go to flab.

Going to my rescheduled hair appt at 11:30 this morning. Will feel so good to get a fresh cut/color. DH is teaching all day today, so I'll be left to my own devices. Not sure what I will get in to.

Jaz...thank you so much for sharing the Ronald McDonald house story. I really enjoyed watching it and I got tears in my eyes! Your daughter did a great job on camera too! Hope Ava's weight loss is just a little blip on the radar.

Ok my friends...have a wonderful day. Be happy.
  #2456   ^
Old Thu, Aug-31-17, 03:45

BF:

Good Morning!
We are getting the rain today from Harvey. Nothing like Huston though- just a heavy steady rain.

I am so tired this morning. I think the weekend is catching up with me. I am ready for some sleep.

Made crack slaw- they don't call it craw slaw for nothing.

Don't have much to add from yesterday. I am working on my website- I actually came up with a name and hope to have it blog ready by the weekend. I also have some business cards.

What I need to do is some form of work out. I would love to start working with diabetics again. I love what I do- but I am missing the client contact. So more to come with that- it would be a side thing.

Speaking of Clients- Lori, whatever happened with your client you were working with? Have you thought about marketing yourself?

Blue- do you have a website too? Seems everyone has some form of web presence.

I am on plan- I think tonight will just be grilled chicken and caesar salad. I am loving using avocado oil on my foods. It feels healthy.

Ok- all gotta run!
  #2457   ^
Old Thu, Aug-31-17, 06:10

BF:

Your daughter is pretty Jaz and that story was great!
Gets the word out on what is needed to help those in need get thru tough times in life!

Hey all
fast one
got kid drama happening.

freaked out and morning fight cause 'she is sick' and doesn't want to go and we had a war here LOL

I said 'early sign out' which WAS 11 at old school...just to be safe called the school and it is 11:35 at new middle school. She has lunch at 11 and brought no lunch today and now we are text fighting....she wants me to bring her lunch, then sign her out....WTH? come on......told her to go thru line and get something and gosh forbid she does that. What a joke this morning is at this point. All my schedule planned today is freaking out cause I am freaking out and all is out of sync and THIS IS what drives this old gal insane! LOL

I tell ya, if someone told me about having a kid??? oh wait my Mom did and she said it would come back to bite me in the azz and she would laugh all thru it cause we did it to her!

too darn funny--ugh
  #2458   ^
Old Thu, Aug-31-17, 07:31

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Aaaaahhhhhh hahaha Trigger I was laughing reading your post. "Text fighting!" That is so funny. I could totally picture it. How far is the school from your house? How many days of school has she had already? Do you really think she is sick? I love hearing about your kid. She is so dang interesting to me! Super smart, creative, sassy, girly.. All those things and more!

Jaz- I bet you are tired from this weekend indeed and need some down time. I am still confused about your extra houseguest - did you even know he was coming or was that just dropped on you? I honest to God would want to kill someone who brought a surprise guest to my house like that, old friend or not!

I think I'll pass on the book club idea for now but would be very interested in hearing thoughts and ideas from the book as you read it.

Lori- Hopefully you can freeze the membership- that would be ideal given how many classes you will miss. Have fun getting prettied up!

Blue- Good that you are busy these days. Keep you focused and less prone to worrying, although it sounds like that has decreased for now.

••••••••••

So Blue, Paint Nite (that I haven't actually done yet) is when a painting instructor gives each participant a canvas and walks them step by step through doing a particular painting. It seems like it is a lot of fun and I am looking forward to giving it a try. Google Paint Nite for more info.

Things are going fine here, just shuffling along doing my thing. DH and I are getting a little peek at the kid free life and it is okay so far. We are sitting at the kitchen island instead of the table for dinner because the table seems so unnaturally huge.

Something came in the mail for DS18 yesterday that he will need, plus I've picked up a couple of things for him, so I will send it along with GF's Mom when she goes to pick her daughter up on Saturday. GF has to work because her boss wouldn't release her even though he wasn't supposed to schedule her. She needs a good reference. Crappy move from the boss though- I know she very much did not want to come home yet! I'll bake some cookies to pop in there too.

Took the dogs on a nice 2.6 mile walk yesterday. I got a car seat cover for the Pilot that not only covers the back and bottom part of the bench seat but also then loops around for form a hammock type thing. I also got these little click-in seat belt things that attach to their harnesses and keeps them from sliding all around. They seem to like this pretty well.

CASA kid visit today if she is well. She had a sinus infection and UTI and started abx yesterday so she might not be up for it yet.

Enjoying this lovely August weather. Trigger would hate it. lol
  #2459   ^
Old Thu, Aug-31-17, 08:35

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Water Hounds

Wednesday: Jaz 5/5+, Blue 4/3, KMom 6/5

Way to work the water into your day! Keep going. Let's have a banner Thursday too!
  #2460   ^
Old Thu, Aug-31-17, 08:46

BF:

Nicco, day 4 of school, kill me now ya know!
She probably does feel crappy and all cause schedule change, she was stay up til 1-2-3 in the morning and sleep til 1-2-3 in the afternoon thru summer, now she is paying the piper on that LOL

hey, switch ya, you take the 12 yr old girl and I will take your boys that are all settled and finding their way now and doing great! Sound good?

I can just picture your doggies in the car seat action happening as if you are strapping in kids now, love that!

You and DH will be a 'couple' again and I bet you will just love that all new happening for you! New exciting life adventures for your kids as they come into their own and at the same time you and DH will have new...so cool...great change in life now for you guys!

A long time ago I mentioned possible home school cause if 'things went as planned' in a 'big life change' I wanted to happen and DH was kinda on board? but so slow to see what we could do, (bleck, whole new story there on that! lol)-----she now throws that up to me all the time. Home school me mom cause I don't want to do this......give the kid one thing while talking way back years before and it is like it is in my face every friggin' minute now LOL OMG watch what you DO say around them, they are like sponges that will take ya down big time HAHA

oh I tell ya Nicco! I am older now and not a young mom and I have my ways set and now I have to find those 'other ways' to get thru this teenager crap coming. HELP I see it coming and it ain't looking rosy here at all
Closed Thread