Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2431   ^
Old Sun, Aug-27-17, 17:10

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Quiet day here on the thread. Hope everyone is chillin' and enjoying the last of the weekend.

K-mom---OMG, I had the same thing happen to me a month ago or so. Had a taste for a LC black cow, so I went to TJ's and picked up some Hanson's "diet root beer." Came home, put it with cream and ice in the magic bullet and downed a huge glass of it. It wasn't until I went to throw the can out that I noticed it didn't say DIET anywhere. Don't know why I noticed THEN and not at the store. But at least it only got me once. But it IS so easy to be fooled if you're not paying attention as the cans look exactly alike but for that one little word.

Oh well. Minor blip. Just a bummer when you didn't choose to have it! But much more important than what is past and over is you are STILL CapD and you'll be past this little blooper in no time.

Oh, and sorry to hear about the tomatoes. For you and me. That's what's been happening to us in the last few years. Everything looks good, and then they just go kaput. Thankfully there's lots of farmer's markets to get 'em as fresh as possible right now.

Lori---Fun that you're going to your sissy's again. Sounds like she'll be a bit busier than usual but I know you two will find a way to have plenty of fun.

Jaz--Hope you're having a super fun weekend w/your pal. What a nice "get away" for you, even though you didn't go anywhere. When friends come in from out of town we always find ourselves doing things we wouldn't have done otherwise, and that's fun.

K-mom---Sunday water: 3/3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boy, I sure have worked a lot this weekend, which strikes me as crazy when I'm so worried about not having enough work. All morning yesterday, then even over dinner w/my pal/colleague. She gave me GREAT feed back on my video resume and I'm ready to go get it done. Load off my mind. The creative/ideas part is the hardest, now I just have to execute it, and I've got a GREAT editor to help me do that.

Then worked all morning and into the early afternoon today. Two big presentations this week, one for one of my smaller less active clients, but they're sure active right now.

Again, when I have a lot coming up in a week I like to take the heat off by working on the weekend, so I didn't really mind and I got a lot done.

Gloomy day here so this afternoon after working, hubby and I cozied up and watched a bunch of old Alfred Hitchcock TV episodes he recorded from the Decades channel. SO FUN. I love seeing the old fashions and interior decors from the times I was growing up, plus there was some good creepy ones. Rain, gloom and Alfred. Morticia bone well itched.

Lord, not the kind of rain the gulf is getting though. That's no fun and a lot scarier than being cozy on the sofa watching Hitchcock. Prayers up for everyone down there. Have been cheered to see so many angels of help and service performing heroic acts.

On plan again today. Cheeseburger for lunch---can't seem to get enough of them lately---and crack slaw for dinner. Yesterday and today I come in at around 20 NCs.

Last edited by Blue52 : Sun, Aug-27-17 at 21:11.
Sponsored Links
  #2432   ^
Old Mon, Aug-28-17, 03:29

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

HI ALL
reading along and enjoying it but not posting much.
got nothing to say really and I got some kind of stinking crud.
headachy, kinda tummy icky, just that overall down yuk feeling.
Seems bit better this morning. Have tons of errands to run today.
Just saying HI and all good here
everyone have a fab day
  #2433   ^
Old Mon, Aug-28-17, 05:39

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Feeling a bit sad about how quiet it is around here. I keep checking in and not much going on but my blabbering.

Was happy to see a post from you Blue. Sounds like you had a nice afternoon of old TV watching with DH. I love the old TV shows.

Trig....sorry to hear that you've caught some kind of crud. I hope you are right and that today is a better day.

I'm home from boot camp and showered with the first load of laundry spinning. Not much else on tap for today. DH has to take his truck in for some recall work this afternoon. The dealership is about 1/2 hr from here. Something about the airbag or something.

Feeling so bad for the people in Texas. I just cannot imagine what they are going thru. It is awesome to see the outpouring of help coming in. People bringing their boats(even kayaks!) to rescue stranded people.

Hugs to all.
  #2434   ^
Old Mon, Aug-28-17, 09:05

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Blue- Hopefully you and your DH will have choices and when the time comes can make the best decisions for you both in regards to your next steps. Meanwhile, glad you are busy with work- that is a blessing indeed!

Was smiling over you guys and Hitchcock. I had an Alfred Hitchcock RECORD that was him doing scary stories. I used to take it in the bathroom (on my portable record player) because there were no windows, and listen to it in the dark and scare myself!

KMOM- ugh, so sorry about the carby soda. It is one thing to choose to have carbs but when they sneak up like that, it is no bueno! Glad the Carb CEOs were so understanding!

Trig- Sorry you are feeling under the weather!

Lori- glad you are getting caught up on some stuff today. Laundry is never ending!

•••••

I too feel for the folks in Houston. I grew up there, went to school there and many of my friends are still there.

It was a truly excellent weekend here. Good distraction from DS18 being gone. Yesterday DH and I went to the Renaissance Festival, just the two of us, first time without kids. It was so fun. We listened to as many shows and music as we wanted to, eating quite well all day long! It was still expensive but far less than with all the kids there as well. We are going to petition DD22 and Fi to take DS15 sometime in the next couple of months (we'll pay his way) since he
"didn't want to go with just grown ups." lol

DD22 texted me a picture that four years ago today we had driven her to St Mary's College. Wow! Time has gone quickly (yet slowly- both!) and it happens to be DS18's first day of class so I'm curious as to how that goes as well. He facetimed up last night and it was good to see him! He took himself to get a haircut off campus yesterday. He also was happy to report that the first aid kit I made for him (along with my instructions) got its' first use-- but because he made poor Emily sick with his sore throat from last week. Poor girl!!

Cute note: He texted me a "first day of school" picture from college! Awww!

Today DS15 and I get him all packed up for his high school retreat- he leaves Tuesday and gets back Friday. Many departing seniors list this retreat among their best memories of High School and it is DS15's first time (they alternate years) so he should have a blast!

Pretty quiet week around here. I have a free ticket for the State Fair so I might go check it out on Wednesday. Then I'll also have a CASA visit, probably Thursday. Oh! And I have a Paint Nite on Tuesday!
  #2435   ^
Old Mon, Aug-28-17, 12:52

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Nic: So fun to hear how settled in and happy DS22 is. Must make that momma's heart full of joy! I have never been to a Renaissance Festival, but they sound fun! The State Fair is happening here and my SD went with her group home and had a ball. Seems like there a lot of painting classes offered now. I love how it seems the artist person can take just about anyone and have them produce quite a good painting. Not saying you are one of those people, but I have enjoyed seeing the look of amazement on some of my friends faces when they have held up their painting and posted it on FB!

Jaz: Missing you. You OK?

Trig: Sorry you have an overall yuck feeling. Hoping you can get your errands done when you are feeling so lousy.

Blue: Sorry you had to work so much this weekend, but like you said...it helps take some of the weight off for the following week. Glad you are getting lots of work. I think about you so often and all you are going through trying to make good, informed, educated decisions. I know you are doing a ton of research and I hope things become clear as to the right way to go.

Lori: boot camp down and the first load of laundry in. And I was probably not even awake yet! You sure give new meaning to a "morning person." Do you take naps?

I am eating a lot today. All LC. I jus want to make sure I have a full feeling most of the day. I will go walking about 4:00. I have supper all ready so I can just come home and make it fast.

Say, I have written 10x3 for the last two or so posts. Oops. Just know it is no 10x3 unless I report to you that the math has changed. I don't think it will as I am on my way to 10x5! So it should always say 10x4, unless i mess up again.

K-Mom 10x4
  #2436   ^
Old Tue, Aug-29-17, 04:42

BF:

Good Morning!

Still so quiet here. Feeling lonely! Jaz.....did I miss that you were going to be away, or should I be getting worried?

My cat was in last night and decided at 2:30 she wanted out. Sigh....it took me a while to get back to sleep, but when I did, I slept till 5:45! Late!

Heading to the golf course this morning at 8. Hoping for a fun day. It'll be as fun as I make it, right?

I'm going to fast until 11 or so this morning as I had a bit of a carb load up last evening. Funny thing is that the scale was down almost a pound this morning. Maybe it will ricochet back up, but this morning I was not unhappy with what I saw.

DH is back to teaching this week. The guy he was subbing for had a bit of a relapse with infection setting in, so he is off for another week. Turns out it was his appendix, not the gall bladder that DH thought it was. Anyway, I'm glad he is taking the time off instead of rushing back and then having more problems.

Watching more of the flood news in Houston. So, so sad. I simply cannot imagine going thru something like that. Now they are talking about tornadoes! Those scare me too. Not a fan of high winds here. I get freaked out.

Hope all is well......miss you guys!
  #2437   ^
Old Tue, Aug-29-17, 04:45

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco it sounds like your kids are doing fabulous!! So happy they are doing so great!

Your festival sounds great, nice to go without kids in tow and like ya said you save bucks Hey were ya gnawing on a giant turkey leg...you know I would be

Lori, hate the recall things....but ya gotta do them. I hate having to take stuff places to get fixed, like a vehicle is a pain if they need to keep it longer cause then you need someone to pick ya up and drive ya to get it the next day....oh boy I hate that when hubby has to do his truck etc. I don't know, always hated that LOL

Get in your golf while you can, the rain might be coming up your way next. We got it today, so nasty outside and yea, tornados are super scary for sure!

Glad your DH is keeping busy

KM....you are rocking toward 10X5....will be watching for it to change in your siggy

HI TO EVERYONE

in a zone with back to school, crap piling up, hubby moaning and groaning about the darn back troubles. FREAKIN' COLD here with the storms coming thru...rainy icky today. omg I need my 95 deg weather back NOW!

feel better, that sick went thru and on the mend.

have to hit the store today, need 2 inch binders......yea they write 1 inch binders then she comes home and says she needs 2----2 in binders....come on ya know...now to the friggin' store to get that crap...after I bought all that other junk.....bleck

but good news kiddo brought home letter. her exceptionally high test scores trigger Duke University to have her take extra SAT tests to evaluate her for college stuff.....not sure what this talent program is right now but she got it lol hope only good comes from this, we shall see.

everyone have a fine day!!!

Last edited by Whirrlly : Tue, Aug-29-17 at 05:27.
  #2438   ^
Old Tue, Aug-29-17, 06:51

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Karen, that is fantastic news about your DD and Duke. She is probably being eyed as a possible NMF (National Merit Finalist) in her high school years due to her current performance. That is really good and some big $$ for that too. Kudos to her! Yeah, you definitely don't have to worry about that kid missing a day or two of school here or there.

KMOM- Yup yup you will be writing 10x5 soon enough! You have been fired up by learning that losing weight can help with the fish-flap heart! Very proud of you!

Lori- I'm guessing you are getting the rain and cold today but you didn't mention it so maybe not.

Jaz- what the heck? Are you all right? I expected to possibly not hear from you over the weekend with you having company but surely she has left by now or you have had a minute at work? I hope all is well with you. Don't leave us hanging! And update us on Baby Ava too.

••••••••••

Cool and rainy here today- right now it is 61. Unlike Trigger I am liking the cool weather although not so much the rain. Still, given Houston we don't get to complain about the rain. Having grown up in Houston, many of my peeps are suffering through this right now and in fact I was due to fly there in October but will hold off on tickets to see if the HS Reunion date gets changed.

DS15 leaves today for his HS Retreat until Friday. I heard from DS18 via text yesterday and he said his classes for Monday were good. Hopefully he will have the same experience today!

Letting DS15 sleep until 10. Got up and colored my hair this morning, made my FP coffee and just chilling. Cleaning crew comes at noon today so by the end of today life will be golden!! It will be VERY VERY strange having NO KIDS around the next few days though.
  #2439   ^
Old Tue, Aug-29-17, 12:38

BF:

No rain here....just cloudy & cool. I wore shorts to play golf and nearly froze to death! It is 65 degrees, but feels much colder because there is no sun. Last week we were sweating our butts off. Weird weather. Still nothing to complain about.

I'm getting worried about Jaz. Hope you soon have time to drop in girl!

Trig...good going for your daughter! Sounds like she will have her choice of colleges and be very successful. Hope hubby's back troubles soon let up. It does wear on you to have a hurting back.

Nic...an empty house for a few days? You won't know what to do with yourself! Enjoy the solitude.

Blue...hope your week is going well.

Tomorrow will boot camp and then getting my hair cut and colored at 11. DH & I may play 9 holes of golf in the afternoon. He wants to test his shoulder tendinitis to see if he can play. Some friends asked him to play in a tournament in October and he wants to do a test run.

Over & out!
  #2440   ^
Old Tue, Aug-29-17, 13:18

BF:
Progress:

Hi gals,

Quick one today. So freaking busy.

Trigger---So kiddo is artsy-fartsy AND SMARTSY!!! Totally cool. I smell scholarship money. YAY.

Nic---3 days w/NO KIDS, wowza, that's sure a different pace for you! Hope you get some good "me time" stuff in.

Lori---LOVE cut and color day at the hair salon! Nothing like a good cut, and the color sure helps too.

K-mom---I saw that 10X3 and thought, WRONG! Will report water later.

Jaz---I'm getting worried too! If you're busy just drop a line and let us know you're fine.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two presentations down and it's only Tuesday. SO MUCH work to do my head is spinning. The smaller client is particularly good news, that's over and above retainer for larger client...well as long as I have it anyway. Oct 1 is screaming toward me. So happy to have all this work right now, but feeling a bit overwhelmed.

On plan and feeling slimmer, but don't want the scale's opinion on that quite yet. Out to eat w/a pal tonight, already been to the site and chosen my LC meal. Lovely here today, so hoping we'll be able to sit out on their beautiful patio.

Haven't seen her for too long, and I'm looking forward to good chat and an ice cold martini! I've earned it.

Last edited by Blue52 : Tue, Aug-29-17 at 22:01.
  #2441   ^
Old Tue, Aug-29-17, 16:44

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hey all- Just NOW got the moment to myself. I don't even know where to start.
So I will say I am ok.

It involved a guy- And I just can't talk about it right now as he ended up here too. She left- he stayed- and not so happy ending. There is a reason peopled things and move.

No biggie- I'm ok now- everyone is gone- and I am finally alone-

Personals tomorrow- !!!!!!! It's all good

Last edited by Jaz66 : Tue, Aug-29-17 at 17:14.
  #2442   ^
Old Tue, Aug-29-17, 17:09

BF:

Jaz.....OMG.....I am so glad you are ok, but cannot imagine the situation your "friend" put you in! Unbelievable!

Have a good night's rest and get back to your happy self. You have been on an emotional roller coaster lately.

((Hugs))
  #2443   ^
Old Tue, Aug-29-17, 17:18

BF:

Ok- I went back to edit- you saw it Lori-

All to say- a heart will mend given a enough time right? Sometimes people think they are doing the right thing by bringing people together again. -

I know I whine about being alone- and my friend was trying to "help"- sighhhhhhhhhhh

ok I really don't want to talk about it- it was a very painful and beautiful weekend. Beautiful with my gal pal- ........
Very little sleep- we were having an egg at waffle house at 4 am - and no sleep.

All I can say is that it will be a minute before
I can be rested up and recover in more ways than sleep. I need to work this out- I will be ok.
It was the fairy tale gone bad re-visited. The guy I thought I let get away. Now I know WHY I let it go. And no it was not the ex........ And that really is all I want to say............

Done.......
SO ok- was ok on Woe

Will get to personals tomorrow

Last edited by Jaz66 : Tue, Aug-29-17 at 19:58.
  #2444   ^
Old Tue, Aug-29-17, 18:27

BF:

ALL- Go to WYFF tomorrow- Story about my daughter and AVA and the Ronald McDonald house!

Greenville- can't wait to see it- it will be on the late show- 5-6 pm- they are doing a story on the MCDnald house and Miracles

Last edited by Jaz66 : Tue, Aug-29-17 at 19:48.
  #2445   ^
Old Tue, Aug-29-17, 21:54

BF:
Progress:

Jaz---What is WYFF? If we miss whatever it is, I hope you fill us in on it, but seems like Ava is already on her way to being a star.

Sounds like you've had a lot on your plate. Missed the story before your edit, but I'm just glad you're OK! Onward---like we have any other choice, right?

Nic---I didn't know you had lived in Houston for so long. And you've got people there you're thinking of and worrying about. I'm piggy backing right on top of your prayers and hopes for the best for them, and everyone there. Watching the news coverage you realize that THIS is a disaster, and it shrinks any old problem we who are high and dry were worrying ourselves over.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had the BEST night out w/my old pal tonight. This gal has a lantern in her soul... so wise with big understanding ears. Poured out my woes to her and she helped me so much.

One of the things she said that I want to share is "There's bad news, and good news and unanswered news and it seems to me you've got mostly unanswered news." And I realized that for as challenging as right now is, it's not so much bad news---say compared to folks in Houston, or so many more in the world with so much less than me---but rather a change in the wind, unanswered things. I just need the patience and strength and FAITH to make them good things in the end.

Plus, it was the most gorgeous night here, and we sat out on one of the prettiest restaurant patios in town under all these fairy lights and tables with checkered table cloths, and talked our hearts out. She has her woes too, we all do. But you cannot spend time with this woman without feeling hopeful in the end. She is one of my many lucky stars.

AAAAAANNNNND. I stayed on plan, but for a few mouse bites of the baguette. So I'm going to tuck myself in feeling peaceful, for the first time in awhile.
Closed Thread