Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Oct-14-17, 07:11

Plan: keto
Stats: 205/197/125 Female 62
BF:
Progress:
Smile stall on the scale but not in inches

I am new to keto. One month in. 6lb weight loss in the first week but only 2 lbs since then. Started measuring my waist after 2 weeks of keto. To date I have lost 4 inches in my waist but the scales have not budged much since the first week. I have always been focused on numbers on the scales and not on inches so I am not sure how many inches lost in one month is considered to be good. I guess something is better than nothing! I am trying to get past being accountable to the "scale gods". This is hard to do after being trained for years to focus on the scale numbers. A little info about myself - I am 50 years old. 5'2" and now at 197lbs. I have always been able to keep my weight in check until a few years ago when I started in the pre menopause phase. In just a few short years I have gained upwards of 80lbs. When I started keto my intentions were to commit myself to 2 months no matter what. But now I am committed for life because of how great I feel. I just turned 50 a couple of weeks ago and I have the energy I had when I was in my 20's! Just trying not to get frustrated over the scales not moving.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Oct-14-17, 07:37

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Welcome. Listen to the advice you just gave yourself. You will do well.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Oct-14-17, 08:08

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Welcome
You have found a great forum to help you stay on LC to reach your goals. Look all around the various sub-forums, maybe join a buddy group, start a journal, whatever would work for you. There is a "Best Of" forum post that explains the weight vs fat loss, Why the Scales Lie, http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=94 including a good video in the most recent post. You haven't read any LC books; where have you found the info on Keto? One good website is this https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb and if you later want to add a book, Why We Get Fat, is helpful.
All the best,
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Oct-14-17, 08:18

Plan: aitkinish
Stats: 172/140/120 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 62%

Welcome and as thud said " listen to your own advice"

Listen to your body and what it is telling you.

Read lot's here and you will learn so much.

I am 52 and 5'3" and was at 171 when I started eating LC and reading here in February.

I am now 130 down from a size 16-18 to a size 9.

No longer winded doing the stairs and blood pressure back under control. I was pre diabetic and now my blood sugar readings are in the normal range.

Pre menopause was the beginning of my weight increase as well. But many of the symptoms that came with that, decreased as my body was getting healthier.

Hang in there