Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 11:01

Plan: modified atkins/general lc
Stats: 183/156/145 Female 5'2
BF:43%/31%/22%
Progress: 71%
Default finally inches gone from the tummy!!

I have been low carbing for 2 months and finally I see some dramtic results. I still have a ways to go but finally to see some change is so so encouraging. Finally inches are coming off of my stomache. That is where the majority of it packs on. It's such a struggle for me to lose there. So I am happy because I am down 1 pants size. I have been doing cardio and weights intensly for the last 2 months, so I intend to keep it up. I love cardio!! Yea I am crazay

Eating for me is pretty easy. I try and eat low carb, some fat but I try and limit that, protein, and lots of salads. Any advise how to keep the inches off the middle?? I think it's more common for women to gain in the hips and butt. Pear shape. I am apple shape, so to speak. Anyways just wanted to share this small victory and offer encouragement to all!!

Kat
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 11:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184/156/160 Female 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 117%
Exclamation

Yay! Good for you!! To keep it off, you need to add something like weight-lifting to your exercise routine. It will NOT bulk you up like a man, and it's so easy to do! I keep my dumbells and leg weights handy in my sitting room at home, so all I have to do is pick 'em up and lift-no excuses!!

Drinking your water and regular exercise will help to shape your body as you go. I have stomach issues too, so don't expect to have the same waist you did at 15-but it WILL keep getting smaller!!

#3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 17:56

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/180/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 46%

I have been low carbing since Dec 18 and have only lost 25 lbs. I have been plateaued for a month now, but I have gone down 3 pant sizes!!!!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 18:03
Registered Member

Stats: 167/159/150
BF:
Progress: 47%

Hi Kat,

I think the lower tummy area is inherently stubborn.

I went several days without seeing the tummy shrink and then one day I noticed that the sides of my tummy have slimmed down... to the extent that I now see my lower ribcage very clearly.

So be patient... the belly can't hold out for much longer.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 18:23
Registered Member

Stats: 175/160/160
BF:
Progress: 100%

Belly weight is one of the first things I noticed that I lost going low-carb.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 20:35

Plan: Atkins Maintence with modifications
Stats: 182/150/150 Female 5ft 8 in
BF:36%/23%/22%
Progress: 100%

I have the apple shape also and I am happy to say I went down from a size 16 to a size 10 in 2 Months. I still have more to lose in my stomach this has always been my problem area. I walk everyday which burns fat and tones every area of your body. I have read that walking is the best way to get the stomach area to slim down. Theres no such thing as spot training. Sit ups and crunches will help to build the muscle up under the fat which in turn will help in your weight lose because muscle helps the body burn up fat.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 20:43

Plan: Modified VLCD
Stats: 456/431.2/185 Male 70"
BF:49%/??/11%
Progress: 9%

Congrat on your inches lost! You go!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 09:11
Registered Member

Stats: 185/136/140 Male 68
BF:
Progress: 109%

Just gotta keep pluggin at it. Try different ab exersies every other day. Abs are just like any other muscle group and they need time to heal up and grow. personal fav pain is the military legs up in the air at like 10-15 degrees, then up to 25-30 degrees holding each spot for a 5 count. go up to 30 w/o touching the floor. this is a lower ab workout.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 09:24

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%
Thumbs up

For me, the tummy is finally going down too...seems to be the last place I am losing. Actually, my body would be very nice if it wasn't for that tummy!!! lol. Anyway, my secret is CURVES, hard work on the weekend (physical..mowing, gardening, painting) and CLA (conjugated linoleic acid). Maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to wear a 2-piece bathing suit this July.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 10:03

Stats: 290/246.5/230 Male 74 inches
BF:??/19/12
Progress: 73%
Default Mine too

Mine is finally getting down pretty small too, I don't want to say this too loud (afraid my body might hear), but I am developing abs. It's a four pack now, but I bet it comes out as a six pack within the next couple months. Almost took a picture of it this morning

Later,
wsgts
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 11:21

Stats: 183/140/133 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 86%

Sounds like you're doing really great, Kat.
I too have the apple shape and can sympathize. This WOE has really helped me with that. I lost 5 inches off my waist alone during the first 3 months--without doing any specific exercise that targeted that area. And, from what I read here, that is pretty common, and we have more good things to look forward to.