Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Sep-14-03, 16:54

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 298/270/150 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 19%

Pretty Bras For Us Big Woman!!! I am going to have to check this out!!! The department stores only have white underwire bras (I hate underwire they always dig in).

Thanks Sarilyn
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-03, 17:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 259/191/160 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 69%
Thumbs up Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmwah!!!!!!

Titania,

Thank you thank you thank youthankyouthankyou!!

My Enell sports bra arrived today (wow! ordered the night of the 13th and here already!) and it is fabulous!! The support is splendid while still being comfortable during a workout. I was able to run in place without pain (or black eyes!) It came packed in a sports drinking cup with some bath gelee samples.

The only thing that I would change would be to make it a bit more adjustable in size (another set of hooks). I'm losing and don't plan on being able to wear this in a few weeks/months. Guess I'll just have to get another one then.

Perhaps we can start an Enell swap thread -- I've got a size 5 up for grabs... anyone have a size 4 they can't wear any more? -- like that.

Thanks again cluing me into such a great site!!
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 11:44

Plan: not sure yet
Stats: 175/170/140 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 14%

Here's what I do...I HATE tight fitting bras that cut into my back fat And I also hate the sweat that forms between my boobs if you wear a sports bra. So What I have always done is worn a regular good bra...like what they call "minamizers" at the stores and I wear a leotard over it. Danskin makes good ones..every department store should have one. So my RX is a good bra with a tight spandex mix bodysuite over it. I sometimes will get a smaller size to make sure it's a tight fit! And in the heat of working out you don't even have to wear a shirt over it cause' you're all covered. I've also done good bra with one of those tank tops they sell in the althetic department's with a bra-like thing sewn into it. It's double the hold. Try it! I really like it. I'll wear one of the bra's I designate for gym wear and try on the stuff ontop..then bounce up and down in the fitting room to make sure! lol
Something like this would DEFINITLY do the trick
http://leotardlady.safeshopper.com/13/5308.htm?413 or http://shop.store.yahoo.com/danskin...pplex-7054.html

If you're not into the full body piece, I love the sports tank over bra http://www.ladiesonlysports.com/crostraintop.html

Can you tell i've been experimenting with this for ages
good luck!
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 15:11

Stats: 195/165/130 Female 159 cm
BF:
Progress: 46%

Hi Sparker34, I thought I was the only one who jumps up and down in the fitting room. I also wear a bra with a tank top over it. The only negative thing abouth it, is that I find it difficult to take it off when I am sweaty. Getting it off is an excercise itself LOL
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-03, 19:06
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 176/154/121 Female 175cm
BF:
Progress: 40%

when i go for a job or something i have to wear 3, yes 3 bras just to hold me in place, ít's not that i'm that big, well i'm a 12 D but for weight loss they
ve bcome a bit.......... well.... saggy, its so gross, i alsways have to wear a push up bra
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 19:54

Stats: 291/283.0/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 6%

Oh this is a perfect thread. I usually wear Cameo bra's but the local store no longer carries them. I see that the site posted DOES have something to fit a 55 inche chest - my problem is that my rib cage is so much smaller than the chest measurement - my 38 rib cage has a hard time supporting me. I am hoping that as I lose weight the boobs will reduce.... Until then - I'm gonna try to save up the $$ for one of these bras!

Thanks so much for posting this thread. Nobody knows how hard it is to exercise when you're heavy up front - unless they are carrying them around!!!

Onward...
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 16:26
Registered Member

Plan: lots of meat
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5 10"
BF:goal: 17%
Progress: 41%

I am not large chested anymore. However!!!! There is a bra you can get in NYC or order it from them and have it delivered, and it is incredible. It's not a "sports bra," has a beautiful shape and lift, very wide and padded straps and a... I think 4-5 hool clasp on the back. It is amazing and I swear even if you are a FF there is NO BOUNCE. I'm not kidding, somehow this thing is built for no movment yet without compression. I tried the compression type, it kind of hurts.

here is the link: http://www.bodywrapny.com/

The bra is not marketed as a sports bra, perhaps because sports bras are marketed for athletically shaped girls with no busts... but it should be. I'll vouch for it. If you have any questions feel free to ask!!

I have one, and I really don't believe in the claims for which it is marketed... if you click on the link you'll see what I mean. But as a durable bra for every day wear and esp. for high impact sports for large busted women I totally vouch for it.
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Dec-02-03, 12:26
Registered Member

Plan: Mediterranean based
Stats: 205/190/140 Female 5'7"
BF:44/42/23
Progress: 23%

Yo, 42E here...

I found that the SPEEDO sports bra, underwired, was the best single answer to containing the bosom bouncy activities like running.

But no single bra answered completely, so I always wear the Speedo underneath and your typical "uniboob" compression sports bra OVER that.

I did find that good underwired sports bras, where the underwire is contained in its own floating seam, are very comfortable and the only effective answer to good support of large breasts.
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Dec-02-03, 13:38

Plan: PPLP
Stats: 235/179/125 Female 5' 5"
BF:lots/less/<20%
Progress: 51%

another vote here for the Enell - no underwire, very comfortable, very secure. worth every cent.
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 16:25

Stats: 197/164/150 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 70%

sorry, what do you mean by uniboob? I probably have one I just wanted to know.
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 16:39
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

www.lessbounce.com

They are in the UK but a great site and worth it for me. They have all sizes when I was a 34 F I was getting bras there. Now I am a G (cringe I know)

I hate the enell one. It smushes them down flat takes forever to put on or take off and still doesnt fit me right. But thats because I am not very large around the ribs and have large breasts. It feels like a holster and my boobs still pop out of the top. I hate how I look in it.

Less bounce actually has all sizes and you can put in rib size and cup size and you get great support without a uniboob and they have a huge selection.
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 17:29

Stats: 259/191/160 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeg1
sorry, what do you mean by uniboob? I probably have one I just wanted to know.

Uniboob is the effect of most sports bras: they make you look like you've got one, big flat boob; no definition between the two breast.
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 15:14

Plan: my own way...
Stats: 300/292/169 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 6%

I love my Nike sports bras...I am a 38D..Still wondering when my breasts are going to get smaller
  #29   ^
Old Sat, Nov-26-05, 18:50

Stats: 235/180/150 Female 5' 3"
BF:yes
Progress: 65%

Best thing I did when looking for a bra to excercise in was to go to a specialty bra shop for a proper fitting. I discovered I wasn't the size I thought I was...I needed a bigger cup and smaller girth. Have a good sports bra now that allows me to run for the first time in my life without feeling like my boobs were going to rip right off - and you folks proably know exactly the kind of pain I'm talking about!

Last edited by yamizuma : Sat, Nov-26-05 at 21:15.
  #30   ^
Old Sun, Dec-11-05, 07:49

Plan: Mod SB / Perricone
Stats: 227/145/135 Female 70 inches
BF:33%/17%/15%
Progress: 89%

So glad I found this, my rib cage is like 30 and my chest is like 46 so ....yes I am an abnormality Can't wait to check out some of the sites here and to pass on the information to others.

I have been fitted before by bra fitters and they just shake their head. I only have 2 bras that actually fit and they were custom made at over 150 each so I will just wait until I lose all the weight that I can and then see about asking for more for presents (from the DH) as part of my reward for achieving health.

Thanks for the thread it is so much needed