Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 17:47
Registered Member

Plan: inductioon
Stats: 270/270/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Exclamation Older? Wiser? A Lot To Lose? Newbie Seeks Connections

[B][SIZE=7][COLOR=Black][FONT=Comic Sans MS]
ON MY EIGHTH DAY OF INDUCTION DIET, FEELING VERY MUSHY MINDED AND NOT ABLE TO CONCENTRATE, ?
INDUCTION WAS ROUGH , BUT AT THIS POINT ,I THOUGHT THAT I WOULD FEEL MORE CLEAR MINDED????
I"M VERY OVERWEIGHT

(AND A VERY VITAL ,FUNNY 65 YEARS OLD,
I CAN"T BELIEVE IT!)

I REALLY NEED SOME PEOPLE TO TALK WITH!

SOME NEWBIE QUESTIONS;

WHEN WILL MY MIND BECOME CLEAR? I"M A SOCIAL WORKER AND IT WAS
SOOOO DIFFICULT TO DO MY REPORTS TODAY!IT FELT LIKE RUNNING IN THE MUD,
(AND I THINK THAT I PROBABLY DID THEM WRONG ANYWAY!)

HOW MUCH CHEESE IS OKAY ? HAVEN'T BEEN LOSING WEIGHT THE FIRST WEEK AND I THINK THAT IT MAY BE THE CHEESE?

DO YOU KNOW WHY THE DIET IS THE SAME FOR EVERYONE REGARDLESS OF AGE OR WEIGHT???
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-14-04, 19:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184/180/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 9%

Susandendy:

Hope you figured out the "mushy" headedness deal. It might be not enough water. I drink about 8 glasses, or more, of water each day and I haven't had any problems with alertness. Actually, I have more energy without the sugar spikes and caffeine binges.

I'm 53 and I've been having a hard time losing weight. I started March 1 and have been going back and forth from about 5 lbs. less than I started to 3 lbs. less. I can't seem to get it going. I have never put so much into a diet before--I gave up caffeine, anything with aspertame in it, all starches (not even the low carb ones). I've felt pretty depressed about it, but I'm determined to make this work for me. It's the only diet I've ever found that I know I could stick with forever.

I'm doing the "meat fast" right now (second day)--just meat and water. It's way too boring, but I think just maybe I'm starting to feel it in my clothes. I'm thinking about doing the meat fast one day and the fat fast one day, each week.

I'm on blood pressure medicine, which I dearly want to get off of.

What are you eating? I think maybe I ate too much salad and cheese.

How's it going with you? Losing any yet?
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 16:00
Registered Member

Plan: inductioon
Stats: 270/270/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default A slow start , but..

I think that i'm finally starting to lose weight!

I lost 1 1/2 pounds since yesterday, prior to that I think that i've been eating too much cheese!

I also started excercising yeserday.

are you starting to lose yet?
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 07:20
Twinkle Toes

Stats: 300/280/150 Female 5 feet 1 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi Susan

Sure hope you're feeling better and that the brain freeze is over for you.

I had a constant throbbing headache the first 3 days I was LC'ing, but I know that was from withdrawal to all those carbs. Now I'm feeling alot better and have started to treadmill, albeit slow and not even up to a quarter mile yet, I'm gonna get there....I've been accused of being stubborn before, maybe its time I prove it to myself, be stubborn and stick with this WOE.

I roam around the journals and posts to get motivated and inspired and there sure isn't any lack of that here is there, I'm so happy to have found such a supportive group of people

Good luck to you and to all of us.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-24-04, 00:06

Plan: atkins
Stats: 308/260/175 Female 5 ft. 6 in.
BF:
Progress: 36%

Hi! Saw your thread and thought I'd drop by before I give it up for tonight. The others are right drink the water UGH!. I had to watch the cheese my first time around I REALLY like cheese.
Drop by everyones journals and see what they are doing -- ask questions and someone will give you an answer real fast.
I'm new to this too (the board) only 1 week in and love it.
C. U. LIGHTER LATER!
grammiedee
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Sep-07-04, 07:08

Stats: 199/177/135 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%

No more than 3 oz. of cheese a day is what the book tells you. Everyone is right about the water. The more the better. I think you will notice around the 10 day that you have a great deal of energy and your head should clear . Your body is getting rid of all of the toxins from the sugar and carbs. During Induction you should have 3 cups of salad a day or two cups of salad and 2/3 cup of a allowed vegetable. If you have alot to lose like me you probably should add carbs back slowly. I'm going to stay on the induction level as long as 6-8 weeks. I going to add 5 carbs a day after that and stay at that level for a couple of months before I add five more carbs. I hope you are feeling better today. Keep us posted. You'll never find a better place for support.