Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 07:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 223/209/125 Female 5' 4
BF:
Progress: 14%
Red face breakfast ideas-other than eggs, eggs, eggs

Only on 2nd week of induction... and have a feeling I will need to stay on induction for awhile because I have quite a lot to loose. sick of eggs, any other breakfast ideas? Also do the breakfast type bars with 2 net carbs tend to slow loss? thanks so much for any suggestions! Jen
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 08:00

Plan: atkins
Stats: 192/173.5/150 Female 5'3 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

the breakfast bars did stall me....they contain sugar alcohols that tend to stall some people. The shakes i haven't had a problem with tho and i have one every morning for breakfast....i can't eat eggs at all so i had to find something else. You can also have other things for breakfast...meat from dinner the night before...ham and cheese wraps...anything lc that you can stomach in the morning is fine.

Oh and about the shakes....don't pay the very expensive price for the atkins one.....slim fast makes a great one with only 2g of carbs in it and it is $5 for 4 of them....compared with the $7-$9 price of the atkins.

good luck...hope you find something that works for you!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 08:52

Stats: 220/190/160 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 50%

i like the mock danish that is featured in the recipe forum. it does use eggs, but the taste of eggs is not noticeable. i too, stayed on induction quite a bit longer than two weeks, but i occasionally added a bit of fruit. so i would take a few raspberries, crush them with splenda and add that to the top of the mock danish before cooking....yum! i might have to have one of those tomorrow morning!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 09:06

Plan: southbeach
Stats: 190/190/135 Female 5'0
BF:not sure
Progress: 0%

I had the mock danish today and it was yummy..I used the vanilla flavoring. tomorrow I may try the maple flavoring or suger free maple syrup..I seen in another post where people used rasberry flavoring, maple, and they adapted the splenda to their taste. 1 packet for me was fine..I divided it up.
It was good..I think you can find it under the Atkins forum here...
Good luck..
Michelle
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 09:16

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

Don't limit yourself to traditional breakfast foods. Try leftover meats, cobb salad, chicken/tuna/egg salad with bacon, soup/stew or anything that fits your fancy.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 12:54
I'm Losin' It

Stats: 190.5/190.5/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:ha/ha/18%
Progress: 0%

I'm also staying on induction for awhile, and never ate breakfast b4. The following receipe is great especially if you have a sweet tooth.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=33839

I subbed SF syrup for the equal: vanilla in the egg & raspberry in the cheese. It tastes great and has a lot of fat. I eat it w/2 slices of bacon most mornings.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 13:02

Stats: 191.5/160/135 Female 5'3
BF:39.8%/?/27%
Progress: 56%

I second the idea to not eat just breakfast food. Eat dinner food for breakfast, and scramble some eggs at night!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 13:41

Stats: ***/***/*** Female 62
BF:
Progress: 3%

I don't like eggs, so I rarely have them. Have leftovers for breakfast. or bacon and sausage. veggies w/ a high fat dip. anything but eggs for me.

I don't do the bars because I rarely find any I like and when I do, they cause me to stall
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 15:14

Stats: 283/250.5/190 Male 6' 1"
BF:
Progress: 35%

When I tire of eggs I like to make some zucchini nut bread/muffins using the recipe from Atlins.com. It's a decent substitute for banana bread.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 17:03
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

leftover cold chicken legs!! my fave

esp with some mayo
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-04, 10:22

Plan: Atkins 72 Version
Stats: 175.5/123.5/115 Female 5'3 I grew an Inch!
BF:??/21%/19-20%
Progress: 86%

yummy!!! I like dinner left overs too
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Mar-27-04, 14:03

Plan: good fat low carb
Stats: 255/170/170 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Marlaine posted a great recipe for zucchini pancakes in the Recipe (Breakfast) Forum.. heres how I put it into my recipe book::

Recipe Name: ZUCCHINI PANCAKES
Category: BREAKFAST
Serves: 1

SOURCE FORUM.LOWCARBER.ORG

1 Zucchini, grated
1 Egg
Salt and pepper
Cheddar cheese
1 Tblsp Butter
1 Tblsp Olive oil

squeeze excess water from zucchini..

heat oil and butter in skillet.. in a bowl mix egg, zucchini, salt and pepper (can add chopped green onion too)... drop 3 blobs in skillets, press down after a minute to flatten.. flip when bottom turns brown.. while second side is borwning put cheese on top of each cake..

when finished frying, stack the cakes on top of each other.. pretty good with addition of sour cream too

there are lots of ideas over there..

hth
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 23:10

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 417/213/117 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 68%

In my opinion stay away from the bars and learn how to cook your own food. Go to the kitchen forum on this website and go to breakfast ideas and start reading. This is the best idea I have. This is my suggestion. Get the atkins choc shake mix. In the morning I love to do 1 cup of water, heavy cream, 1 scoop folgers coffee, 1 scoop atkins choc shake mix, ice cubes and some of the sugar free choc syrup. If you don't like coffee just leave it out. This is so easy and ends up having maybe 2 carbs at the most. The other great idea is the atkins bake mix. There is a biscuit recipe and the biscuits are only 1 carb per biscuit. Then you get sugar free jam or jelly. It is 5 carbs for 1 tablespoon so use it sparingly but it is good. Also you can make pancakes with the baking mix as well with sugar free atkins syrup. You can also use low carb bread to make french toast. Don't forget to take splenda and mix it with ground cinnamon. That is good on top of anything.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-04, 23:25
Slowly I turn

Plan: Atkins restart 3-17-10
Stats: 195.5/170.6/135 Female 5'5
BF:48%/37%/20%
Progress: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindym
I'm also staying on induction for awhile, and never ate breakfast b4. The following receipe is great especially if you have a sweet tooth.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=33839

I subbed SF syrup for the equal: vanilla in the egg & raspberry in the cheese. It tastes great and has a lot of fat. I eat it w/2 slices of bacon most mornings.

I just wanted to tell you that I made this yesterday morning based on your post. It was absolutely delicious, I used splenda (only 1 packet) and I did not have vanilla flavoring... only extract and that had corn syrup in it which has carbs right? So I used a sprinkle of cinnamon. WOOHOO BABY..............Was that good.... Thank you so much for listing this...I have a new breakfast!
Helen