Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-01-04, 21:19

Plan: fat, fat, fat
Stats: 225/212/160 Female 5' 3.5"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default yoghurt?

I really like both PP and Four Corners/GO, but I'm a bit conflicted about something. I'd really love to believe that yoghurt is as LC as GO reports, but I'm afraid I'm still skeptical. I've tested blood glucose after eating it and seen no big rise at some times, and a bit of a rise at others. I'm wondering what the PP forum members have found when they've eaten yoghurt regularly, and whether any of you believe the "4 net carbs per cup" count.

I've been following PP very strictly for the past few days, and feel great about it. Surprises me just how tricky it can be at times to get enough protein at one meal. Even harder has been to get my teenaged son to eat his full 40 grams per meal. I suspect we're going to have to move to grazing...

Thanks for your feedback on the yoghurt -- I'm really feeling confused about it. Still plan to keep eating it, but it would be nice to be able to count the carbs as less than 12 grams per cup.

Lene'
Sponsored Links