Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#226   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-10, 16:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 295/230/150 Female 5 ft. 7 in.
BF:
Progress: 45%

I am over 50 ................
Sponsored Links
  #227   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-10, 16:19
Independent Thinker

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 198/186/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

54 years old.

Sloooooow weight loss. Broken metabolism. Been on all the lowfat/high carb diets. Slowly gained 60 pounds from them. Suspected Metabolic Syndrome. Gluten and Casein Intolerant.

But I know who Country Joe and the Fish are!!!!!!
  #228   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-10, 16:43

BF:

Suzan, my weight loss is slow to so I started a new thread in the Turtle Club today...
Come join me there.....
  #229   ^
Old Sat, Apr-03-10, 09:30

Plan: The Four Corners diet
Stats: 340/330/180 Female 6'
BF:
Progress:
Smile Still at it!

I remember Country Joe - and Quicksilver Messenger Service, Big Brother and the Holding Co., Jefferson Airplane, Hendrix, CSN&Y, Zeppelin, and many many more of the great bands of that era. I just turned 59 and am still a flowerchild at heart!! Albeit a much larger one than I was "back in the day" !!
I was of normal weight until I began having children in my 20's and ever since then weight has been an issue and a battle. have been a yo-yo dieter for many many years. I have great trouble with sticking with any diet or way of eating. I have finally faced the fact that I am a food addict and this coming Monday am joining a Buddhist 12 step recovery program for folks dealing with any kind of addictive behavior. I am also going back on a low carb WOE. I find I feel better physically eating this way and both my GP doctor and my endocrinologist recomment this as the healthiest way of eating. I do have some moral dilemma's with meat eating, having been a vegetarian for many years, but at this point my health is being affected by my weight and I have to do what I have to do to get myself healthy again. I do have a couple of books on low-carb vegetarian diets but I find it just too restrictive trying to eat that way long term. So anyway! I will be following what is called the 4 Corners Low Carb diet - used to be called the Go-Diet. It's not quite as restrictive as Atkins and of all the low carb diets out there, this one is the one I found worked best for me (I used it several years ago during one of my many failed attempts to lose weight and change my eating habits). During the time that I did stick to this WOE, I didn't lose weight quickly nor alot of it, but I definitely got healthier. My cholesterol went from 248 to 175, my good cholesterol increased, the bad decreased, my trigliscerides leveled out to where they should be, my blood sugar decreased to a healthy level and my blood pressure went down! I defintely want and need to lose weight but it's also about getting, and staying, healthy!! Time goes by one way or the other -while I used to be able to lose weight quicker and easier than I can now, what difference does it make if it takes me two years to get to where I need to be instead of 6 or 7 months? It's really a matter of changing one's perspective isn't it? Many things that were easy when I was younger are not so easy now - this is something one just has to accept and comes to terms with as one ages. The focus for me when I was younger was about weight loss and looking better - now it's about health first and hopefully weight loss and looking better will follow!! Let's all stick with what we are doing and be greatful for the slow, small but definite positive changes that we see! Good luck to all of you!
  #230   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-10, 17:18

BF:

I to am looking to my health first. I have alot of bad arthrtis in my knees and low back and hips and at times it is real hard to walk and I stay sore with it everyday in spite oftaking my medication for it.
I am not looking to be a thin person like I was when I was young but at a healthy weight for my five foot seven inch body frame. I figure around 150 160 qould be good for me.
  #231   ^
Old Thu, May-06-10, 03:16

Plan: back to moderate carb.
Stats: 185/165/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 44%

I am also looking to improve my health. Sissy I posted on your new turtle club thread this morning. I hope you can keep it going. I will try to get there every day. I am looking to be around 135 to 140 and I am 5'4" tall.
Shrl