Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, Jan-08-06, 10:33
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Thanks Nancy!!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Jan-08-06, 13:09

Plan: LC
Stats: 157/155/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 9%

My knees are trouble for me too Zule. I seem to injure myself doing the easiest of exercises.
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Jan-08-06, 13:40
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I should mention my knees are always trouble for me too. Going up down stairs, sometimes just walking. But it comes and goes for me. I couldn't do a squat if my life depended on it.
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Jan-23-06, 07:09

Plan: food comb/atkins influenc
Stats: 185/161/140 Female 175cm
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hi there
I know this is an old thread but I thought i'd put my 2cents in. I had a rebounder a while back (i used it till too many of the springs broke and ended up throwing it out) and when i first began i was exhausted after 1 - 2 mins.

Like some of you I had trouble with my DD+ cup so instead of jumping I would jog on it. (i added some weights for the arms too) I'd do it nearly every day setting mini goals like 5 mins and then 7 etc. Fast forward a few months and I was able to do up to 20 mins no problems.

One day I had a friend come over and I was in the middle of my routine ( I think i got addicted actually because i wouldn't stop even tho i had company ) Anyway when I finished - very invigorated at that- my friend asked to hop on. She was a very fit, lean person who used to work out aerobics, jogging etc. Well after a couple of minutes she had to stop because she couldn't keep up.

I think after seeing this thread I might get one again. It definitely is a good cardio work out.
Good luck people
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-06, 10:00
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I got one of these the other day and I love it!! I used to do very light cardio, but really wasn't comfortable on our creaky floor. We live above a busy business and I don't exactly need everyone listening to me jump up and down. The rebounder is perfect because it absorbs the shock so well. No floor noise whatsover! This is a great piece of equipment for anyone in an apartment. I regret not getting one sooner.
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Jan-26-06, 22:00

Plan: Low carb/low fat
Stats: 234/209/150 Female 5ft.4in.
BF:43%
Progress: 30%

Hey everyone! I bought one two weeks ago and finally got around to putting it up. That was a challenge altogether! I absolutely love it and your heart rate goes up really fast! I'm going to find my favorite dance tapes and dance/bounce the fat off!
  #37   ^
Old Fri, Jan-27-06, 08:10
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Oh lord, my boyfriend and I almost killed ourselves getting it together! I guess the secret is to put the springs on in the order you're told in the instructions, but who needs instructions?
  #38   ^
Old Fri, Jan-27-06, 13:07

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 451/434/287 Female 5'9"
BF:62%
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyRay
Hi there
I know this is an old thread but I thought i'd put my 2cents in. I had a rebounder a while back (i used it till too many of the springs broke and ended up throwing it out) and when i first began i was exhausted after 1 - 2 mins.

Like some of you I had trouble with my DD+ cup so instead of jumping I would jog on it. (i added some weights for the arms too) I'd do it nearly every day setting mini goals like 5 mins and then 7 etc. Fast forward a few months and I was able to do up to 20 mins no problems.

One day I had a friend come over and I was in the middle of my routine ( I think i got addicted actually because i wouldn't stop even tho i had company ) Anyway when I finished - very invigorated at that- my friend asked to hop on. She was a very fit, lean person who used to work out aerobics, jogging etc. Well after a couple of minutes she had to stop because she couldn't keep up.

I think after seeing this thread I might get one again. It definitely is a good cardio work out.
Good luck people

I am glad to see that people thinner than me think it is quite a workout. I have been doing it a couple weeks and I still can not go more than 2 minutes at a time. Sometimes even one minute still. Sometimes I am sore. Even my arms...maybe cause the fat is jigglying so much, I don't know. I like rebounding, I just thought it would be a lot easier.
  #39   ^
Old Fri, Jan-27-06, 20:59

Plan: food comb/atkins influenc
Stats: 185/161/140 Female 175cm
BF:
Progress: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesofblue
I am glad to see that people thinner than me think it is quite a workout. I have been doing it a couple weeks and I still can not go more than 2 minutes at a time. Sometimes even one minute still. Sometimes I am sore. Even my arms...maybe cause the fat is jigglying so much, I don't know. I like rebounding, I just thought it would be a lot easier.

Just keep going eyesofblue. Good on you for trying to make a difference! The more you do it the more you can do and visa versa the less you do the less you can do. Good luck!
  #40   ^
Old Sat, Jan-28-06, 19:37

Hey all! You're not going to believe this...I made it ten whole minutes! Man, did my feet hurt! I was barefoot. I didn't know if I should have on shoes or not because I didn't want to break it. Any suggestions?
I think I've finally found a fun way to get my heart rate up. Just put on some fast music and go, go, go!
  #41   ^
Old Sun, Jan-29-06, 15:37

Plan: Very Low Carb
Stats: 214/193.0/135 Female 5 foot 1 inches
BF:??/39.3/??
Progress: 27%

I think I have finally found the perfect music to play while rebounding. I bought mine at WallyWorld almost a month ago, but didn't have music that I thought I could listen to while excercising, so I haven't started yet (plus the fact that I'm embarrassed jumping...feel so vulnerable...but that's passing). I bought the new Big and Rich CD and it just makes me want to dance while listening to it, so starting tomorrow I'm going to see how far I can go in the CD before pooping out. I have even bought a new bra for the ladies that helps keep them close to home instead of giving me black eyes. Another helper is the new RockerX that has speakers on each side that just amps the surround sound system. I want to hear the music instead of my huffing and puffing (it also works great for not hearing the kidlets fighting over nonsensical things ).

I am going on a two week stall and frankly it's starting to p*ss me off! And, as usual, when that happens, things get done. So, it's time to get this thing going again. No one's going to take this weight, I have to do it. I haven't cheated for almost 4 weeks and have only lost 14.5 pounds. Now, in fairness, I have lost 15 inches (measure tomorrow to see if there's more), but I'm ready for the scale to start catching up. I have never been a big excerciser as a routine. I used to walk at least 10 miles, ride everywhere on my tenspeed, and had legs of steel...but that was 15-20 years ago before I got lazy and drove everywhere. I also smoke, so that's a big contributor there.

I'm going to start posting my progress in this thread as well as my journal so that I can notice the progress.

Tari
  #42   ^
Old Sun, Jan-29-06, 16:02

Quote:
I haven't cheated for almost 4 weeks and have only lost 14.5 pounds. Now, in fairness, I have lost 15 inches (measure tomorrow to see if there's
I wish I could say the same! Don't be discouraged. Since you have your music, I'm sure the scales will start to budge!

This morning I jogged on the rebounder for 20 minutes and my feet didn't hurt.
I was watching one of my favorite programs.
  #43   ^
Old Sun, Jan-29-06, 16:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/135/140 Female 5ft 9in
BF:
Progress: 113%

Hi Everyone,
I bought one also, mainly for my children, my third son is the quite reading type of child, so I thought that if I had a rebounder it would get him moving in the winter and it did, we take turns and have so much fun doing it. He will not do it without me, it's not his thing, once I am with him we make it a game and we all win.....
Joy
  #44   ^
Old Mon, Jan-30-06, 01:38
Registered Member

Plan: My own
Stats: 121/118/115 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
I should mention my knees are always trouble for me too. Going up down stairs, sometimes just walking. But it comes and goes for me. I couldn't do a squat if my life depended on it.

FWIW, I found some terrific knee braces (the stabilizer type) in "Footsmart," which has both catalog and on-line sales, and these have saved my knees and made my workouts possible. I'm 50, have pretty torn-up knees after years of workouts, athletics, etc., and used to have custom braces, but could no longer afford the $$$. The ones I bought from the Foot Smart folks have vertical stabilizers on each side of the knee, an open patella, and use velcro to secure the wraps. I use these whether I'm power-walking, using my spin bike or my ancient wooden nordic-track, I even use them when sliding, so they are very adaptable. You might want to try something like this, you certainly could use them for rebounding.

Quote:
Like some of you I had trouble with my DD+ cup so instead of jumping I would jog on it.

Have you "mammarily gifted" ladies tried sportsbras from Athletica or Title 9? I highly recommend both, these stores (again, both online and catalog) use on-line customer service reps who KNOW what they are doing, AND are athletic, so understand the unique needs with regard to workout bras. You could also try BraSmythe, although I don't know if they are on-line, but they absolutely specialize in bras for the more "zaftig" among us (not my problem, but both my sister and my bro's wife are boobily-gifted).

Lastly, you rebounders - keep on bounding. Exercise is never exactly "easy," per se, but it certainly gets easier with time and the results are worth it!!!

HTH,