Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-15, 16:18

Plan: lo-carb, atkins
Stats: 202/195/130 Female 5ft. 1 1/2inch.
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default Crawling back on track...I hope

after months off track I have decided to get back on track. this woe is the only way I feel good and lose instead of gaining. I need to get my books out from Doc A and reread them. I am glad I can be here also. Right now I don't feel very bright. My scale is way up. I don't seem to miss bread so much but potatoes are my big downfall and ice cream. I will take this one day at a time. Well I am going to read more posts as that always encourages me.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-15, 00:41
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 253/210/150 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 42%

I'm just starting back also. I know LC is what I need and I definitely feel better on a LC plan.. I've gone through so many stages - denial, guilt, frustration - and I'm finally feeling acceptance that this is the best path for my health. I'm not getting any younger or healthier, so maybe it's time to get smarter! Good luck & stay strong!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-15, 15:18

BF:

yup. I know this is the way to go. For a while I just gave up/went totally off course. Feed my face. I look in the mirror and go...Blaggg. My hubby needs to lose it to. We are doing it together. I watched a you tube link that I saw mentioned by Whofan called Butter makes your pants fall off. It was good. I told my hubby about it and he watched it too. He said some things he hadn't understood were very well explained. Doing this together should help me keep going. never give up..never give in.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-15, 15:22

BF:

MisheZ. I am rooting for you. This the place for sure to get encouragement and info. Hang in there.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-15, 15:26

BF:

This is day 4. My scale is down 1.6 My energy must be up! I did dishes with out making myself do it! AND I HATE....DID I MENTION I HATE DISHES!!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-15, 19:39
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 253/210/150 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 42%

Forsythia, thanks for the encouragement! I definitely resemble your remarks - went waaaaay off, feeding my face, general "don't care attitude, watched my clothes get tighter & my blood sugar rise! But hubby & I are both back - he's hard core Atkins and I favor the newer version. We're both aware of how much better we feel on low carb, but it's been so much easier to fall off than to stay on plan. I'm reading here as much as possible, because I really want to get my blood sugar under control and learn what it takes to get it right this time. I've spent a lot of time "lurking", but was glad to see your post. I've been off & on a few times before and was so discouraged about starting over.
I need to start a new forum titled: I'm really bad at this, but I'm trying again!

I'm going to check out the "Butter" on YouTube - sounds interesting! Thanks for the encouragement! I
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-15, 09:14

BF:

MicheZ. I've found sticking to this woe is a lot easier with my husband doing it too. I just keep telling myself..."Your too stubborn to let this thing beat yourself." Some days I listen. Last nite hubby and I went out for a steak dinner. We were brought out the bread on first contact. With two of us supporting each other, we didn't even look in the bag the bread came in. Has a big steak, salad, and broccoli. Water with lemon. When we left we walked out without the bread....which we have always loved! A victory one step at a time.
It's great your husband is a LCer!! Way easier then doing solo.
I'm a lurker too.