Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Sep-08-16, 13:00

Plan: basic low carb, no plan
Stats: 278/274/125 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 3%
Default Which ones

Which Omega 3s do you suggest MickiSue? I will get some. I actually do take Fish Oil and I'm "supposed" to take Niacin at night (due to the flushing), for high cholesterol, but I am so not used to taking medicine at night that I forget the Niacin more than I remember it. I take 3 Fish oils with breakfast, but if Omega 3 will be better, I'd do that.

What kind of "fat" snack do you eat? I can't find something that's fat that I can eat without eating a bunch of protein with it. No, not liking the scrambled eggs, but I do eat 2 fried eggs (ran out of bacon right now, will get more tonight) and this morning, maybe I said this, I just added a tablespoon of butter to the breakfast. Its now 2 p.m. and just realized I hadn't eaten any lunch. I did snitch a pork rind or 2 from my husband's bag of them. We make them fresh here when we want them, so they are really good, but I need some snack ideas that I can use for that fat snack in the afternoon. All I can come up with is mayo or cream cheese or butter and really don't like eating them by themselves and not hungry enough to eat anything really.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Sep-08-16, 16:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

Try this: put your fish oil in the freezer. If it freezes, it's not very good. If it doesn't, you're good to go.

Ask me again, if if freezes, OK?

Have you heard of fat bombs? Basically, they are small snacks, either savory or sweet, that are mostly fat. I've made sweet ones, but, really, they're not good for me to have, because they taste too much like carby stuff.

I've always thought about making savory ones out of cream cheese, chopped bacon and chives, but never done it. They'd be tasty, though, right? If you like plain avocados, they are a good high fat treat, too. Right now, while the oven's warming and I'm HUNGRY, because I haven't eaten since breakfast, I'm eating half an avocado with salt and a little chopped bacon.

It is GOOOOOOD.
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Sep-08-16, 20:23

Plan: basic low carb, no plan
Stats: 278/274/125 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 3%
Default Okay

The cream cheese, bacon and chives sound really good. I'm not a fan of avacados though, so I'd probably not be doing that one. I will try some of the others. Then about how much do you eat? Is it like, I think we can have 2 ounces of cream cheese a day, right? So there would be very few of these? I'd probably put in some onion powder instead of chives, we don't get them around here fresh and I've tried growing them. Not good. LOL
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Sep-08-16, 21:30

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Do you drink coffee? If so, just put a spoon of coconut oil in it. That should add plenty of fat with no protein.
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Sep-09-16, 08:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

I've never made them, just dream about the idea...But the sweet ones tend to be about the size of a piece of candy from a fancy box. So...about that size.

You can't grow chives? Husband is always hacking back ours, or it'd take over the garden. It's at one end of a row, and every year he cuts it in half, through the roots. By the end of the summer, it's the same size again. But we have weird soil. Our lot used to be part of a small lake, and is sandy/silty. Most of this city where we live is clay.

So we lucked out, you know? Our soil doesn't hold much moisture. But at least it's not a sucking mud hole.