Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 15:01

Plan: montignac
Stats: 126/123/115
BF:
Progress: 27%
Default sugar craving montignac....

how do those of you following Montignac deal with cravings for sugar??I would love to hear about any recipes/thx
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 16:31

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 168/163/128 Female 5'1.5''
BF:44%/44%/22-28%
Progress: 13%

A little fructose on my yoghurt (or quark cheese) with fruit puree does the trick for me. Sometimes only fruits will be enough. On some occasions I tried yoghurt sweeten with artificial sweeteners. They now taste incredibly sweet to me, but I usually try to stay clear from all those artificial stuff.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 20:42

Plan: New Glucose Revolution (ex Montignacer!)
Stats: 155/125/120
BF:
Progress: 86%

Sounds cheesy, tho I grew out of needing sugar

I used to have vanilla syrup in my morning coffee. Changed to no added sugar - it took a while then I got repulsed by it!

If I get a craving, I reach for the high cocoa solid chocolate (over 70% cocoa solids) - or I make a batch of montignac dessert, like creme brulee, or chocolate mousse.

The recipes are in the montiganc cook book

you don't crave it after you've broken the habit
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-03, 08:07
Registered Member

Stats: 140/140/125
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default re

my first time around, i had a giant fat free icy cappuccino with saccharin every morning. i put a whole ice cube tray in there, and i was really stuffed with almost no calories. and it tasted delicious. now i am trying to avoid sweeteners, or anything that tastes sweet. spang is right, you will lost the taste for it, and life seems to be a whole lot easier without yearning for sweet things. but i have really been saved by some healthy alternatives when cravings have striked, such as smoothies, yogurt with jam, oatmeal baked into cookies with fructose and cinnamon on top, and sugar free fat free jello. sugar cravings have always been my downfall. sugary foods always lead to binges that really hurt my weight loss efforts. wish i had some good recipes for you. i know there are tons on the somersizing website.
also chromium, and some amino acids like l-glutamine can really help get over bad cravings.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-03, 08:54

Now that I remember, on the firsts weeks, I used to whip skim milk with vanilla or cocoa and ginger powder. It made a delicious tasty mousse, that is, if you have the right tool to whip skim milk. I don’t think I would have enjoyed it that much, in form of a milk shake.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-03, 15:22

BF:
Default thanks.Another question....

Regarding cheese.....Am I right to assume that after dinner of good carbs(brown rice w/veggies, or wh wheat pasta, etc) is is NOT o.k to have cheese? Isn/t cheese high in saturated fats?Thx.This website is really helping me stay focused..
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 09:08

After that kind of meal, I would have Quark cheese because it has almost no fat (0,25%) or low fat plain yoghurt. I would mix it up with cooked fruits or fresh berries.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-03, 08:30

BF:
Default cheese

What is quark cheese?thx.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-03, 07:11

The label says « plain soft cheese ». 0,25% fat, 86% moisture, with active Acidophilus &Bifidus Cultures.

I buy it at the grocery store, in the fridge near the cottage cheese and sour cream.

Hope this helps...
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-03, 14:07

BF:
Default cheese

thx.I'll look for it.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, May-04-03, 16:47

Plan: IRD/SCHWARZBEIN
Stats: 159/157/129
BF:
Progress: 7%

Hey pd4pd,

Your sugar cravings should disappear after few days following Montiganc's plan. The thing with carbs (especially bad carbs) is that they make you want eat more and more carbs. With Montignac plan, those carbs cravings will decrease. Trust me! I have been following mOntignac for the last three years in and off. But I have been definitely OFF for several months. I have never eat so much...and I have never been so hungry! The more sugar you eat, the more you crave.

As for the cheese after carbs...sorry, it's a no-no. Unless it is fat-free cheese (does it exist 0% cheese?); and that is barely cheese if you ask me!
Suzanne Somers (quite the same plan that Montignac's) eats non-fat cottage cheese on her toast.

Last edited by jujuF25 : Sun, May-04-03 at 16:48.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 15:27

Plan: Montignac
Stats: 223.3/185/170 Male 171 cm
BF:
Progress: 72%

Hi pd4pd
Yes, I would never have believed that I would lose my cravings for sweet foods, especially at the end of a meal
Today I take a black coffee/espresso with 1/4 spoon of artificial sweetener and it is more than enough.
The thought of sweet desserts makes me kind of sick
Good Luck
Freddy