Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-23-06, 22:06
Registered Member

Plan: Montignac/French Diet
Stats: 263/285/200 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: -35%
Default The French Diet after a few weeks

I picked up Montignac's The French Diet book and have been trying to apply his rules. Not sure how well I'm doing, but I thought maybe some folks might check this forum out every once in awhile and be able to tell me what needs to change.

Breakfast:

eggs
bacon
sausage
cheese (mix of colby, low fat yogurt gouda, mild cheddar)

coffee w/ 2% and 2 splenda packets

Lunch:
pear bar
pasta
grilled chicken
mushrooms
glass of Riesling

Dinner:
Chicken made with champagne, skin removed after cooking
quinoa prepared in chicken broth
champagne
lowfat yogurt w/ agave syrup and blackberries

I must have had at least 5 bottles of water today as well.
As far as I can tell, I haven't lost any weight. Often for breakfast I have oat bran with agave and ezekiel bread slices with polaner all fruit.

-Lora
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-27-06, 14:27
7 yrs and counting!

Plan: Vegan/Crossfit
Stats: 285/212/199 Female 5'7
BF:33.4%
Progress: 85%

Hmm, sounds to me like this is a lowcalorie diet...the quinoa, wine, pear bars, and yogurt sound delicious but don't really follow part of a lowcarb diet....not the initial stages anyway. Goodluck..maybe you should compare what you're eating to some of the lowcarb plans and tweak it a little to see if this helps.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-27-06, 14:47
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha22
Hmm, sounds to me like this is a lowcalorie diet...the quinoa, wine, pear bars, and yogurt sound delicious but don't really follow part of a lowcarb diet....not the initial stages anyway. Goodluck..maybe you should compare what you're eating to some of the lowcarb plans and tweak it a little to see if this helps.

Actually quite a few people on this forum used to follow the Montignac plan, there used to be a special board for it but I think now it's under semi-low carb plans. The carbs allowed on montignac are low GI, it's also WHEN the carbs are eaten that counts (this is the food combining part) you do not eat carbs and fat in the same meal.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Sep-27-06, 18:40
Registered Member

BF:

Let me list today.

Breakfast:
eggs, broccoli, cheese, turkey sausage, mushrooms
7 grain bread - I asked if it was whole grain, I might as well have asked for the name of the guy that baked it. So I think the toast was a poor choice all around.

Apple about a half hour later.

Lunch:
whole grain and flax pasta
low fat tomato sauce (2.5g/serv)
mushrooms
roasted red pepper
diabetic LG bread
smart beat spread

Dinner:
Steak w/ butter sauce
creamed spinach

hour later, 1 prune, 1 plum

Pom pomegranate green tea
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Sep-28-06, 05:54
Stepford Malfunction

Quote:
7 grain bread - I asked if it was whole grain, I might as well have asked for the name of the guy that baked it. So I think the toast was a poor choice all around.

I don't know where you are but around here if the bread says 7 grain it's usually ok, it's very grainy (you can see it and taste it) there's a 12 grain bread around here that is just DANGEROUS for me to buy, it's soooo good.

I think the bread was ok, but wonder about the cheese in the breakfast, because that means you're combining a fat with a carb. Montignac is confusing though, and maybe your version is different than mine.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Sep-28-06, 08:15
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoKo
I don't know where you are but around here if the bread says 7 grain it's usually ok, it's very grainy (you can see it and taste it) there's a 12 grain bread around here that is just DANGEROUS for me to buy, it's soooo good.

I think the bread was ok, but wonder about the cheese in the breakfast, because that means you're combining a fat with a carb. Montignac is confusing though, and maybe your version is different than mine.

I think his newest version is somewhat different. I've seen a lot of people talk about the timing between foods, and there's no mention of that in the book I got.

Hmm. What types of things do you have for breakfast?
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Sep-28-06, 08:42
Stepford Malfunction

Quote:
Hmm. What types of things do you have for breakfast?

Hi again. Actually I'm not doing Montignac anymore, it was about 3(maybe 4) years ago. I think I used to have oatmeal and fruit for breakfast. I remember making a muesli from a recipe someone else on the plan posted. I will see if I can find you some links to those old threads, but they are very old and might be difficult to find.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Sep-28-06, 08:50
Stepford Malfunction

LOL - they weren't that difficult to find afterall. They are right in this part of the board (I thought they were in Semi-LC plans) so just check all the pages in this (Food Combining) section of the board and you will run across quite a few about Montignac. I hope they are of some help to you.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Sep-28-06, 19:25
Registered Member

BF:

Did you find the plan at all useful or successful?
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Oct-08-06, 10:23

Plan: LC
Stats: 157/155/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 9%

Hi
Montignac is similar to Somersizing. There are Somersizers on the board. People are successful on these plans. I would be but I'm not very disciplined. I think that mixing bread with eggs and cheese is an improper combo. You want to keep carbs separate from protein. But I think he said that a little fat is okay with grains is that correct? I think some of his carb recipes had a little olive oil if I'm not mistaken (I don't have his book with me at the moment). That was one thing I found different about Montignac. It was a very small amount of fat though and not fat that has protein. Fruit should be eaten alone and then you should wait 1/2 hour before eating anything else. With Somersizing it's an hour. Most food combo plans would want you to have fruit before a big meal not after. If you have steak it will take hours to digest and if you throw fruit on top of a big protein meal it will cause fermentation. Fruit, though, is digested pretty quick so you can have it for a snack rather than dessert. I'll send you a link for Somersizers in a sec.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Oct-08-06, 10:24

Plan: LC
Stats: 157/155/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 9%

#12   ^
Old Sun, Oct-08-06, 17:35
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyLC

Thanks lizzy! I think what's happened is that Montignac had a plan pretty much exactly the same as Somersize when he wrote all of his early stuff and now The French Diet, which happened to be the one I got, contradicts some of it and differs some from Somersize. That said, I think it'll be easier to do Somersize just for the support community that's out there. And the number of books she has and the included recipes.