Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-01-02, 14:40

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/230/150
BF:
Progress:
Default Very Odd

I have been using the Atkins plan for the last 6 days. I have lost no weight at all. However, my morning glucose level has dropped 100 points (Type II diabetes). Don't get me wrong, that's really great! The drop means I don't have to switch to insulin shots as planned. But why no weight loss?

I am extremely strict with the carbos, the stuff I eat is very basic and boring. Nothing processed, no cheating. Am I just too impatient or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-01-02, 16:45

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 164/130/132
BF:
Progress: 106%

Hi Tom....
Are you drinking enough WATER??
I think its 64 oz a day and then another 16 oz (??) for each 25 lbs you want to lose. I'm sure someone will jump in here if I have the nubers wrong!!
WATER WATER WATER!!!! Drink til you float!! And then drink more!!!
Ellie
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-01-02, 17:33

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I hate to tell you, Tom, but you're impatient

Give it the full two weeks and see what's up (or down as the case may be) and of course be sure that you're following the plan as written - enough food and enough water. Eating sufficient calories and drinking enough water to flush the toxins out of your body is very important. You should be eating 10 - 12 times your body weight a day in calories to sustain basal metabolic funtions. And you need a minimum 64 oz (8 glasses) of water a day and an extra 8 oz for every 25 lbs you want to lose. The more water you can drink the better.

If you'd like, starting a Journal would also be a good idea. You can record your food and thoughts and we could offer suggestions or advice where needed.

WTG on the blood sugar; LCing really does make a huge difference in your health. It gets better as the time goes by.

Welcome to the Forum and Happy LCing,
Nat