Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1156   ^
Old Sun, Feb-19-17, 17:44

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Bacon and eggs.
Sponsored Links
  #1157   ^
Old Mon, Feb-20-17, 10:12

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

Meme- I'm jealous that you have a nice Chinese buffet. We have tons of great Chinese places, but the buffets are filthy and taste awful- vegetables are ancient, meat is chewy as rawhide, you will find hairs, etc.... Blech!

Mviesprite- I don't really follow recipes, I just kind of throw things together and peruse Internet for ideas once I have a new idea.
For the soup I used: about 1 c pumpkin, about 2 c milk sub (cashew- but you could sub water and cream. I just didn't have cream on hand), one bell pepper chopped up, garlic chopped, a packet of Splenda, some chicken bouillon, and thyme. Then I topped with the goat cheese once I was pouring it into a bowl.

Saturday night I didn't end up with Italian chicken and asparagus- but we did have crab cakes over beds of roasted lemon asparagus.

Then last night, we finally had the Italian chicken with roasted broccoli.

It was one of those weeks, that just didn't follow my plans but that was ok. I was still ON plan and we eventually ate everything threatening to turn!

oh, last night I later had a packet of justen's all natural pb (my blood sugar was looking threatening for a middle of the night low, so the extra fat/protein was a good call).

Tonight is shrimp fried cauli rice with bell peppers and edamame (and of course, an egg fried in). I have started throwing a packet of instant miso soup in, and the flavor is excellent!
  #1158   ^
Old Mon, Feb-20-17, 11:30
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Today's a holiday*, so I'm doing a big cook-up this afternoon to save on the electricity cost, and we'll have easy food the rest of the week. Dinner will be pork tenderloin, one of my favorite easy meals that both of us like. I'll make either sweet potatoes or broccoli to go with it.

*"Family Day", a holiday invented just so people wouldn't have to go from the New Year to Easter with no three-day weekend.
  #1159   ^
Old Tue, Feb-21-17, 06:21

Plan: Suzanne Somers; LC
Stats: 182.5/158/105 Female 5'
BF:Melting!
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin120
Mviesprite- I don't really follow recipes, I just kind of throw things together and peruse Internet for ideas once I have a new idea.
For the soup I used: about 1 c pumpkin, about 2 c milk sub (cashew- but you could sub water and cream. I just didn't have cream on hand), one bell pepper chopped up, garlic chopped, a packet of Splenda, some chicken bouillon, and thyme. Then I topped with the goat cheese once I was pouring it into a bowl.

Thanks Robin! YUM

I've been eating the leftover Vegetarian Chili w/cheddar on top - can't get to the cooking this week yet...
  #1160   ^
Old Wed, Feb-22-17, 20:09

Cincinnati Chili (no beans or spaghetti) w/sharp cheddar, may or may not have salad... (lazy)
Kat
  #1161   ^
Old Thu, Feb-23-17, 11:51

BF:

Kat- I keep meaning to try a white chicken (beanless chili. It was a favorite when I was a kid. I need to bump that to top of, hmmmmm, what to make this week list).

Tuesday was a work night and Wednesday my DH had a Dr's appointment after work, so since I was on my own. Splurged for these premade bacon cheddar chicken burgers from whole foods. They conveniently come in a pack of two- so I had one each night wrapped in lettuce with lots of alfalfa sprouts and spicy mustard.
Carrots and ranch on the side.
Yum!

Tonight will be lemon paprika chicken with sautéed spinach and goat cheese.

Last edited by Robin120 : Fri, Feb-24-17 at 10:23.
  #1162   ^
Old Fri, Feb-24-17, 07:54
Forum Moderator

BF:

Last night: stir fry with leftover pork tenderloin. I made the sauce out of leftover beef broth, tamari, apple cider vinegar, and chili garlic sauce that I almost forgot about in the fridge. The veggies were a bagged 'stir fry mix' that I grabbed off the reduced rack.

Tonight: probably the rest of the pork tenderloin with sweet potatoes. I have to get up early for work, and the sweet potatoes seem to help me get to sleep when I'm trying to force myself to bed earlier than I'm used to.

Robin - I love white chili. The way I make it, it should be called green chili, though. I sub mushrooms and extra bell peppers for the beans, and make it with salsa verde and canned chilis. I haven't done it in a while; I should do it again soon.
  #1163   ^
Old Fri, Feb-24-17, 10:42

Plan: Atkins '72 version'
Stats: 264/232.2/150 Female 5.6
BF:
Progress: 28%

Last night I had a 3.7ozs of chuck roast and a side broccoli with butter for topping.

Tonight I'm having boneless pork chops with green beans topped with bacon
  #1164   ^
Old Sat, Feb-25-17, 09:53

Very lazy dinner(last night): half can sundried tomato flavored tuna in oil with Parm on top, piece of LC chocolate "cake"/frosting. Wasn't terribly hungry.

mmm white chili sounds good too and /or "green" white chili!
Kat
**tonight made a roasted garlic and asparagus warm salad....yum. Will make chili too, late but will make it.

Last edited by mviesprite : Sat, Feb-25-17 at 22:59.
  #1165   ^
Old Thu, Mar-02-17, 20:10
Forum Moderator

BF:

Quick and easy dinner tonight. When we walked in the door, I pulled out a two-pack of pre-marinated pork chops to thaw in cold water. Once I sat down for a bit, I nuked some frozen cauli and made garlic cheese cauli mash. I cooked the pork chops on the clam shell grill.
  #1166   ^
Old Fri, Mar-03-17, 10:59

BF:

Phew- the week flew by....um one night was flounder with goat cheese and snap peas

Balsamic apricot chicken (I use smuckers sf jam) over a green salad with bell pepper
Tiger nuts for a snack

Shirataki noodles with a creamy cheese sauce and veggies

An omelette with cheese and mushrooms

TGIF!
  #1167   ^
Old Fri, Mar-03-17, 19:34

Yes, crazy busy/fighting off something...Most nights I ate a LC version of the Chili Frito Casserole, Last two nights I pan-seared and finished by broiling an Ahi steak - just made homemade tartar sauce with it. Roasted Asparagus "salad" with roasted garlic, and lemon chive dressing.

Not sure about tonight, need to be creative, out of a lot of stuff...
  #1168   ^
Old Sat, Mar-04-17, 09:14

BF:

Ooh, I love ordering ahi tuna when out! I need to get brave and try it at home

Tonight is shrimp with roasted zucchini and bell peppers. My DH will grudgingly eat zucchini, so I dropped it about 2 years ago when he is home (was making zoodles). Going to try making it mostly bells (his favorite) and 1/4 zucchini chunks to see if he likes that better. It is a texture thing for him.....
  #1169   ^
Old Sat, Mar-04-17, 09:40

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Spinach salad with a layer of fresh mozzarella, extra bacon, and covered with pesto mayo.

It was my lunch, and I had it for dinner, too!
  #1170   ^
Old Sat, Mar-04-17, 11:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
Spinach salad with a layer of fresh mozzarella, extra bacon, and covered with pesto mayo....

Wow that sounds so good...we are headed into hot weather and I'll want as many salad ideas as possible since that seems to work well here, no heating the kitchen...

Robin, I meant to tell you I tried some variations on your pumpkin goat cheese soup - so delicious. The only problem I had was maybe the pumpkin didn't combine well for me with proteins so it made me really sleepy , but for dinner which I eat before bed - worked great!!! I put blue cheese in a few times and extra sharp cheddar a few...

Last night ended up being the last of the Ahi steak diced up in the above mentioned pumpkin soup (just threw it together in a saucepan) with cheddar., and the last of the roasted asparagus and garlic salad.