Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#46   ^
Old Sun, Jul-03-16, 05:38

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

DE, that is a great feeling when you declutter and getting rid of things used in the old days (like maybe a blender to make a smoothie?) and more is great thinking.

I am a declutter queen. I am a minimalist type. the less junk around me the better I feel, the more stuff around me the more trapped I feel. GO for it and hope this purge makes you feel great!!

Lauri, that did sound rough! Glad you got thru ok and hoping for a speedy recovery. Just take the time to heal now and rest. never push a recovery....there is truly times in life one must slow down so make sure you rest alot and get better! Happy all came thru ok!!

HI ALL
misty rainy kinda day here. storms around. no bright sunshine, boo

nothing much, going to walk on the treadmill in a little while cause I want to move. then the day is few chores of this and that and alot of relax time. nothing dramatic!!

all have a great day!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sun, Jul-03-16, 06:24
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins '72
Stats: 265/165/145 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 83%

Love how solid everyone here is!
Jo, I do limit my cheese...may have to avoid nuts too, time will tell. I can limit cheese to 2 oz a day without much problem. Ate nuts yesterday, but that was all. Having people over today for a cookout. Dh and DD did all the cleaning and cooking, yea! If hungry I'll eat a burger. Got up and around yesterday... necessary to avoid blood clots...and slept as I needed to. Incisions feel better this morning. Surgeon said most feel normal in 2 weeks (whatever "normal" is, lol!). So I will force myself to take it easy. Hard for me to do, I can't stand sitting still! But this week will be unlimited TV movies and naps as needed. Dh is quietly watching what I eat, lol...I will have to make sure when I DO eat, he notices.
  #48   ^
Old Sun, Jul-03-16, 07:02
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
I am a declutter queen. I am a minimalist type. the less junk around me the better I feel, the more stuff around me the more trapped I feel.
Right ON! Imma minimalist too! Like you, I don't like a lot of stuff around me but more importantly, I HATE to have to clean around "dust collectors" so mine is also pure laziness and wanna do something better with my TIME than clean!
Quote:
HI ALL
misty rainy kinda day here. storms around. no bright sunshine, boo

nothing much, going to walk on the treadmill in a little while cause I want to move. then the day is few chores of this and that and alot of relax time. nothing dramatic!!

all have a great day!
Sorry about your storms! I know how much you really like the sun!

Have a totally Kick Azz BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual, girlie!
  #49   ^
Old Sun, Jul-03-16, 07:07
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauriSinge
Love how solid everyone here is!
Yep we're a solid group for sure!
Quote:
Jo, I do limit my cheese...may have to avoid nuts too, time will tell. I can limit cheese to 2 oz a day without much problem. Ate nuts yesterday, but that was all.
I envy people that can control their portions of even perfectly 100% OP foods...lucky ducks for sure!
Quote:
Having people over today for a cookout. Dh and DD did all the cleaning and cooking, yea! If hungry I'll eat a burger.
That's awesome that your family is pitching in whilst you recover, as it should be!
Quote:
Got up and around yesterday... necessary to avoid blood clots...and slept as I needed to. Incisions feel better this morning. Surgeon said most feel normal in 2 weeks (whatever "normal" is, lol!). So I will force myself to take it easy. Hard for me to do, I can't stand sitting still! But this week will be unlimited TV movies and naps as needed.
Just take it easy and don't rush things! Sounds like you have an wonderful plan to do just that!
Quote:
Dh is quietly watching what I eat, lol...I will have to make sure when I DO eat, he notices.
That's sweet that he's concerned but yeah, make sure he notices when you do eat to ease his mind... You're a lucky lady!
  #50   ^
Old Sun, Jul-03-16, 08:23

BF:

yea JO, one reason is also the cleaning work. I can 'do my home' in a flash. I do not even have one picture on the wall anymore. about 4 years ago when I re-painted the living and dining, I took down all pics and never put one back up. I LOVE IT!

the old saying 'less is more' is SO true in my book. I get it! I get it that 'less is more' ---heck I just did it with trading in the monster big RV for a smaller one and I love the smaller one a ton better LOL

Better----yes we are solid. WE HAVE to be. Not one of us here wants the YO YO ANYMORE. we are done with that. the constant ever struggle is when we 'eat a little' off plan and it drags us into a weight gain and then we have to lose it AGAIN.

we are done with that. 100% on plan every single day. no tastes, one bites, or excuses anymore for us few

we know what is needed for us to make it and we just DO IT cause --well, that is what is required--LOL

we ALL played with 'trying to go back up the carb ladder' and failed each time. this time we know where we have to stay.

we faced the truth and saw the light and now we act on it appropriately for our situation.

SO GLAD you got great help while recovering. it is hard to sit still. but do it!! take the time to let that body recover and never eat just cause DH wants to see ya eating you do what you must do as you see fit. It is important to listen to YOU no matter what outside forces are there.

rest and relax and get better fast!!
  #51   ^
Old Sun, Jul-03-16, 10:33

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

Lauri, so glad everything went well. Do take the time to rest and heal.

Jo and Karen minimalist here also no pictures or knick knacks. My kids say I have the institution thing going on. Yepper nothing on counters only furniture I absolutely need.

I am in the north woods this weekend my SIL. My DS and DSGF here too. We have been hiking and canoeing! I am a happy girl. My type of roughing it a big log cabin home with hot tub and all the essentials😀👍. My SIL owns it and they travel here year round!
The only thing is the wifi stinks so I will post when we in town getting provisions. I got my essentials but they are grillin chik breast and burgers so I am good too. Bags of salad so I am ready for whatever comes my way.
Have a wonderful day Warriors, I do luv that we are a solid band on HCA-72 warriors!
  #52   ^
Old Sun, Jul-03-16, 11:38
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
yea JO, one reason is also the cleaning work. I can 'do my home' in a flash. I do not even have one picture on the wall anymore. about 4 years ago when I re-painted the living and dining, I took down all pics and never put one back up. I LOVE IT!
at bare walls!

I have a few pictures on my walls, but very very few!
Quote:
the old saying 'less is more' is SO true in my book. I get it! I get it that 'less is more' ---heck I just did it with trading in the monster big RV for a smaller one and I love the smaller one a ton better LOL
I hear you Karen! Hey but you probably get way better gas mileage too with the new smaller RV, right??
Quote:
Better----yes we are solid. WE HAVE to be. Not one of us here wants the YO YO ANYMORE. we are done with that. the constant ever struggle is when we 'eat a little' off plan and it drags us into a weight gain and then we have to lose it AGAIN.

we are done with that. 100% on plan every single day. no tastes, one bites, or excuses anymore for us few

we know what is needed for us to make it and we just DO IT cause --well, that is what is required--LOL

we ALL played with 'trying to go back up the carb ladder' and failed each time. this time we know where we have to stay.

we faced the truth and saw the light and now we act on it appropriately for our situation.
Yeah that's really a vicious cycle, the yo-yo dieting plan w all the CHEATS!

Once we get it thru our thick skulls that CHEATING doesn't help us get to goal, the more successful we have each become!

But seriously, Karen, some people WILL be able to carefully climb the carb ladder and add more carb-age.

Everyone needs to learn what their "sweet spot" is in terms of how many carbs and kcals will help them maintain their weight loss.

One must be über careful whilst climbing the carb ladder so that cravings, temptations or hungry don't get out of control again. Or they will eventually be face planting into carb-laden dishes ruining what they have worked so HARD to accomplish!

Remember what Dr. A said about our WOE:

Dr. Atkins on "Amount of Carbs for Maintenance"
Diet Revolution 1972 pg 263
Quote:
The best decision is probably to stay pretty much on the very low carbohydrate diet on which you lost; only now you can feel free to deviate in small ways.

We all need to Keep Fighting the GOOD Hard Fight b/c we are WORTH IT!
  #53   ^
Old Sun, Jul-03-16, 11:45
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Hello warriors,
Hiya, Berni!
Quote:
Jo and Karen minimalist here also no pictures or knick knacks. My kids say I have the institution thing going on. Yepper nothing on counters only furniture I absolutely need.
Same here about the "nothing on the counters" thingy... Bottom line: I hate crap sitting out...
Quote:
I am in the north woods this weekend my SIL. My DS and DSGF here too. We have been hiking and canoeing! I am a happy girl. My type of roughing it a big log cabin home with hot tub and all the essentials😀👍. My SIL owns it and they travel here year round!
The only thing is the wifi stinks so I will post when we in town getting provisions. I got my essentials but they are grillin chik breast and burgers so I am good too. Bags of salad so I am ready for whatever comes my way.
Sounds like you are having a blast this extended 4th of July w/e!

Are you off as well on Monday?

Sorry to hear about the lousy wifi connection! But I'm glad you got to post to us today!
Quote:
Have a wonderful day Warriors, I do luv that we are a solid band on HCA-72 warriors!
It really doesn't matter the size of our group as long as we are all in for doing A '72 Induction rigorously w/o CHEATING. I mean that's the whole point of this thread, no?

Have a wonderful day as well, my friend!
  #54   ^
Old Sun, Jul-03-16, 12:21

BF:

Bernie sounds like a fab time and your burgers will be delish.
check in when you can for sure!!!! You got this, fun times and on plan, it CAN and WiLL be done by you for sure!
You have a great 4th and are there going to be fireworks near you to see?

JO, yea the new lighter camper gave us more mileage. anywhere we can save on that gas bill is a good thing LOL
but NOW hubby wants new truck for new camper....omg, like 60K for what he wants...we shall see on that one

I tried the carb ladder.
OH BOY do I wish I was one.
I am not.
Never will be.
Tried years and years to be a 'climber' and I so wish I could fit into that group.........but one day the eyes opened, I won't ever be ONE.

over that 10 total carb range I become another person, one I can't control. Nope for me it is real and solid and what I must do in life. I will do it tho if it means better health for sure!

so I do for me and do it strong!
  #55   ^
Old Mon, Jul-04-16, 06:18
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Wishing you & yours a Super Duper Terrific 4th!!

#56   ^
Old Mon, Jul-04-16, 06:46
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
JO, yea the new lighter camper gave us more mileage. anywhere we can save on that gas bill is a good thing LOL
but NOW hubby wants new truck for new camper....omg, like 60K for what he wants...we shall see on that one
Of course he wants a new toy to pull the RV!
Quote:
I tried the carb ladder.
OH BOY do I wish I was one.
I am not.
Never will be.
Tried years and years to be a 'climber' and I so wish I could fit into that group.........but one day the eyes opened, I won't ever be ONE.

over that 10 total carb range I become another person, one I can't control. Nope for me it is real and solid and what I must do in life. I will do it tho if it means better health for sure!

so I do for me and do it strong!
I hear you, Karen! The only thing we can do is what works for us as individuals!

I am so grateful that A '72 Induction level carbs works for me b/c I do love my daily leafy green salad!

We just have to Keep Fighting the GOOD Hard Fight to continue to be successful every single blessed day!
  #57   ^
Old Mon, Jul-04-16, 07:39

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Happy 4th of July Warriors 💥💥💥💥👍👍👍👍👍

Have a spectacular on plan day🎊🎉
  #58   ^
Old Mon, Jul-04-16, 07:59

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Happy 4th of July...let the fireworks begin!

I see Jo has already started the fireworks...

We are going to my son's house later for a BBQ I will take a salad, so I'm all set for some good low carb eating

Everyone have a good holiday

#59   ^
Old Mon, Jul-04-16, 08:06
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

De, I spare no expense when it comes to fireworks on the 4th for all the HC A '72 Warriors!!!
  #60   ^
Old Mon, Jul-04-16, 09:21
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins '72
Stats: 265/165/145 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 83%

Well...I am NOT a minimalist! Lol...you guys would be claustrophobic in my house! I am not proud of my clutter, but... So be it. I have a hard time getting rid of stuff. As a teacher and a crafts person, I'm always thinking "there must be something I can do with that." Lol. I'm trying to be better about it. At least I'm not accumulating MORE, even if I can't give away what I have!

Had a good day yesterday. Begged off the dessert my friends brought that had " fresh fruit with sugar sprinkled on it." Will continue to eat only as my body tells me I'm hungry. 2 days without eating (and not able to keep down ice chips) has shrunk my tummy, so I'm enjoying a smaller appetite. Eating good protein is certainly good for recovery, I would think!
Closed Thread