Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-01-05, 12:49

Plan: LC/hypoglycemic friendly
Stats: 204/207/140 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:?
Progress: -5%
Default "Peeps" Halloween Challenge

This new challenge will run from September 6th through Halloween.

This challenge is fitness/health based. Our goals are not weight related, or about how strict we can LC, etc. We decided to form this challenge strictly to support each others efforts to up our physical activity, set some goals for outselves and post mini challenges to others.

THIS CHALLENGE IS A CONTINUATION OF TWO PREVIOUS CHALLENGES, WITH AN EXTEMELY SUPPORTIVE, UPBEAT GROUP. EVERYONE IS GOING THROUGH THE SAME STRUGGLES AND WE REALLY ENJOY EACH OTHERS CHATTING. FEEL FREE TO JOIN US IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR THAT TYPE OF ATMOSPHERE!

RULES:
1. Post something for a beginning landmark (a weight, inches, clothing size, photo, or ?)
2. Make a main goal-- something you want to achieve by the challenge end.
3. Feel free to post mini challenges and see who may be up for a few days of something to concentrate on.
4. Try to post at least once a week.
5. Remember the idea of this challenge to increase your physical activity/focus on health... this can be by taking the stairs instead of the elevator, 10 minutes of stretching each morning, or drinking a certain amount of water through the challenge.
6. This is about your health not how much weight can be lost in 2 months. Toning, cardio, water intake, etc. Remember to focus on changing your body from that perspective not watching the scale.
7. "Da List" will not be used for this challenge.

Welcome back everyone! Looking forward to a new challenge with all of you and maybe meeting a few new "loosers".

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-01-05, 12:56

Plan: THM
Stats: 182/154/130 Female 5'3"
BF:00/00/00
Progress: 54%

WhooHoo! Great job, Dawn!!!

This was the opening line in my Monthly Fitness horoscope today:

"At the beginning of the month, get involved with a new fitness-related group - or, if you've already got one you're totally committed to, then get extra-involved."

Guess you can count ME in!!!

I SOOOO need to get my fitness "mojo" back - I'll be taking this weekend to do some serious thinking & planning on my goals for THIS challenge. (They kinda fell to the wayside w/ the last one - )

#3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-01-05, 13:36
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

Hi Ellen and Dawn! Thanks for creating this new challenge. I am so excited to get started. I will take the evening to think of my goals, and post again later.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-01-05, 14:12
Water-Ski Chic :-)

Plan: Healthy LC :-)
Stats: 149/132.5/141 Female 65
BF:20/14.5/15
Progress: 206%
Talking

WaHoooo !!! What great fun Thanks so much for making this challenge Dawn and all the ideas are wonderful I can't wait to make up my new goals... Hmmm What shall they be. I had better wait and think of some realistic yet challenging goals with a good nights rest Kim

Yeah you guys all ROCK!!!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Sep-01-05, 14:14

Plan: LC/hypoglycemic friendly
Stats: 204/207/140 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:?
Progress: -5%

Glad to see you all here!

I also have to think of good realistic goals. We have until Tuesday, but I'd like to know them before then so I can figure out how I am going to make them happen. LOL!

Go Peeps!!!!!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Sep-01-05, 14:28

Plan: general lc
Stats: 262/196.2/175 Female 5 foot 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

I'm in too! Looking forward to a new challenge. I am used to weight based goals so I will have to put some thought into what sort of goals will motivate me. My schedule is so brutal right now it's hard to fit in exercise on my workdays (15 hour days with commute). I do have three days a week off though and the majority of my organized exercise will have to be on those days.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Sep-01-05, 20:07
Stay in the ZONE!!

Plan: atkins/mine
Stats: 253.5/253.5/200 Female 5'2"
BF:Losing It!
Progress: 0%

I'm in, I'm in. Can't stand to be away from you guys. You are all so supportive. I know one of my goals will be fitness. I got an exercise bike today and already logged in 9 miles for today. Have a great Labor Day Weekend and take time to enjoy what you have. At times like this I think we take some things for granted!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Sep-02-05, 23:22

Plan: Restarted LCHF 1/22/17
Stats: 288.8/160.2/135 Female 5' 1.5"
BF:66.1%/33.5%/24%
Progress: 84%

OK, i'm here, i found it! LOL. I dunno why it didn't show up for me before when i searhced. but anyway, i am here, count me in!

I have to get up early, so i'll post my stuff all tomorrow.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Sep-03-05, 22:46

OK, HERE is my picture to start with! AND it shows off the Harley everyone's been waiting for! I'll post a better picture of the bike soon too.

My goals for this challenge are, yes, to try to lose those last 2 or 3 lbs to reach my goal weight, but mostly to stay healthy and at least maintain my weight as my body seems pretty happy here, and go to the gym/work out at least 4 days per week (weights AND cardio). Some days with school i really can't make it to the gym, but i can still work out at home, and now i can even sort of run again, i have a swimming pool, there's plenty i can do!

I want to really focus on working out, as i'm about at goal (losing 2 more lbs isn't going to be a noticeable difference in my appearance) but i want to build more muscle tone and lose the flab i still have. I feel like i'll never get it toned away. Maybe it will shrink in time.

I need to make sure i'm getting enough water. Some days i do good, others i don't. I need to be more consistent. I want to try more new recipes as well. I also need to focus on school and getting good grades again this semester. I've got extra classes since i'm taking next semester off because of my wedding.
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Sep-03-05, 23:00

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 255/250/175 Female 65.5"
BF:Size 22/16-18/10
Progress: 6%

Hi! I would love to join this challenge! Working out/exercising is an area I need improvement on and also drinking more water. I LOVE to exercise, I just need a little more motivation to do it daily.

So my goals will be:

1) Do Pilates atleast 2x per week.
2) Visit the gym atleast 3x a week for either Cardio or Strength Training.
2) Drink 75oz of water per day.

Thanks for this! It's just what I neeeded!
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Sep-03-05, 23:01

Here's a photo of just the bike (ok, the bike and my messy garage! LOL)

Here's side by side pics of my before and after

Now THAT'S an amazing difference. I would never have believed this would be me now back in october when that before picture was taken!
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Sep-03-05, 23:02

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 255/250/175 Female 65.5"
BF:Size 22/16-18/10
Progress: 6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf
Now THAT'S an amazing difference. I would never have believed this would be me now back in october when that before picture was taken!

You look absolutely amazing! I love your bike, especially the color. Congraluations!
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Sep-03-05, 23:18

Plan: THM
Stats: 182/154/130 Female 5'3"
BF:00/00/00
Progress: 54%

Oh My, Sue!! You look abso-freakin-FABULOUS!!! (and your bike is cute, too!) You have come SOOOO far in your journey thusfar and, well, dayam girl! You're just a little HOTTIE!!!!

#14   ^
Old Mon, Sep-05-05, 18:58
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

Wow, Sue! You look like a completely different person. Great job!

Okay, so I have thought long and hard about my goals for this challenge. I have decided to set no particular "lose x amount of pounds" for myself.

But I AM setting fitness and health goals, which I KNOW I can achieve. First of all, I have to take the stairs two trips up and down a day, instead of the elevator. That is five sets of stairs, twice a day, and trust me, I'm huffing and puffing doing it. The elevator is the easy way. Hehe.

Secondly, no eating at work if I can help it. First of all, the food is not free. Secondly, there isn't much that I can have anyways. I will allow myself coffee and drinks though while I am on the clock.

I will go for four morning (or evening, if it works out) casual walks around the block at college a week.

Twice to the official gym. Maybe more, depending on my work schedule.

I also wish to start weight training back up. Need to gain some lean muscle.

I also want to fit into my new "skinny" jeans that I bought last weekend by the end of the challenge.

Lastly, on Halloween, I want to buy a sexy costume to wear. Hehe.

Food related Goals:

-Less sour cream at the dining hall
-Less guacamole
-More veggies and less meat (though some is acceptable!)
-Try to not focus on calories so much
-No 'boredom' eating
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Sep-05-05, 19:30

Plan: general lc
Stats: 262/196.2/175 Female 5 foot 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Okay... my beginning landmark is that I weigh 196 and that is totally unacceptable to me. I know this isn't weight based and I won't be weighing in, but it is still a landmark. One I am adamant about changing.

I want to get back to t shirt tucked comfortably in the jeans. I'm just bursting out all over. I haven't felt this fat in three years even though I really haven't gained that much it is just enough to make my clothes fit terribly. I am just squeezing into my 12's..barely. I want to be able to fit comfortably in 12's if not 10's.

My expectations of myself are threefold:

1. exercise a minimum of 45 minutes 3-5 times a week
2. drink no more than 1 diet coke per day and at least 100 oz water regardless of it is a workday or not
3. LC bread/tortillas no more than 1 x per week