Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-14, 13:20

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Can't Update Progress Photo

I've been trying to replace my existing "During" photo with a new one. The new one is loaded and is accessible in the "In Progress" category, but when I select the link below it to make it the new During photo all I get is a white screen. The same thing happens if I attempt to remove the current photo as the During photo. I've tried several times.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-14, 05:50
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello there, long time no see.

I just tried this, and had the same problem. I found a work-around by deleting the progress photo, then uploading a new one. This isn't ideal, though, because you may delete peoples' comments along with it.

I'll report this thread to attract the attention of the webmaster (who's pretty busy these days, it seems. )
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-14, 06:55
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Yes, same thing happened to me when I tried to update my after photo.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-14, 17:48
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Sorry, I'm not a webmaster . However ... I clickecd the FAQ link (near the left side of the green bar at the top of the page), then scrolling down to the Common Problems section .. I found the following advice under the heading "How do I update my before/after photos?"
Quote:
To upload/update your before photo, visit the gallery, click on "Success Gallery", then click on "Before Photo". Now click on "Upload Photos", and click "Browse" to upload your before picture from your hard disk. Clcik "Upload/Submit". Now enter some description and any details you would like to add, then click "Process Files".

That's it. Your before photo will be posted in the gallery and will also update on your forum profile.

Repeat the same if you have current or after pictures you want to post. Just select a different gallery. For After photos, select the "After Photo" Gallery, and for current/in progress photos, select the "Current Photo" gallery. Your forum profile will be updated automatically as wel, with either the current photo, or your after photo.

You can add several before photos, or current/after photos. The first one of each will be added to your profile. You will be able to edit them (replace the photos) as your progress continues.

I'm not an expert, as I don't have a current In Progress photo. However, the FAQ post seems to suggest that in order to update a current "In Progress" photo, you need to edit the old pic, then upload the new one .

Just a suggestion . I hope someone who's actually updated their In Progress photo will respond with solid advice
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-14, 19:14

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:

The last time I updated my In Progress photo I went to my Gallery and selected "Upload" from the menu bar just above the existing photos. I then uploaded the photo, placing it in the "In Progress" category. I then selected the image and then selected the button just below it labeled, "Make this my in-progress photo" and it worked just as one would expect. Now all I get is a blank white screen when I select that button that does not go away even after half an hour of letting it sit there. The same result occurs if I select my existing In Progress photo and click the button below it that says, "Remove as my in-progress photo".

I have four photos in the "In Progress" category. The one that is currently used in my profile is the third of the four, so I have no idea what it means when it says, "the first one will be added to your profile."

I don't want to delete the photos -- or replace them -- as they have comments posted that are specific to that photo. If the "Make this my in-progress photo" is not intended to be used to make the that photo the in-progress photo, then what is it intended to do?
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-28-15, 22:30

Plan: <20 net, <1518 cals
Stats: 351.5/230.2/165 Female 5'11"
BF:5’11”
Progress: 65%

I'm having this same problem except with the "before" pic. I haven't been able to change it since my restart and all it shows me is a blank white screen, same as when I try to remove my current before picture.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Oct-14-15, 14:41

Plan: Atkins 72'
Stats: 329.4/254.0/179.4 Female 5'10"
BF:hmm..too much ;)

Hi,
I am still having problems changing my during pics. I can't load new ones because I'm told there isn't enough room. I tried removing the pics...goes to a blank screen.
So after not getting anywhere with my new during pics...I tried updating my profile pic. I had it re-sized to fit the dimensions requested; I hit delete for my old profile pic. I hit browse, select my new pic, and it shows in the box as my new pic. I hit save...goes to a different screen and says there's an error, my new pic has not uploaded. I went completely out and came back in , showing the new pic...but when I post, still showing the old pic.
I'm usually pretty good at following instructions and if that doesn't work, figuring out what to do, but this has me
It looks like this has been happening for quite awhile, has anyone come up with a way to get their pics up? Thank you in advance for any help.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Oct-31-15, 20:06

Plan: <20 net, <1518 cals
Stats: 351.5/230.2/165 Female 5'11"
BF:5’11”
Progress: 65%

Not sure if any mods will ever see this...still having these same problems and white screen.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Nov-01-15, 11:49
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Folks, apologies for the inconvenience, but unless the webmaster comes by with a fix, you have to use my workaround. Delete your current photo, then upload a new one. I just tested this again moments ago and it works. If the comments mean that much to you, you can always copy/paste them or take a screen shot.