Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Plan comparison
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Oct-23-01, 16:54
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%
Default Dr. Donaldson's Eskimo-Style Diet

Auto generated link to page (Please do not remove): http://www.lowcarb.ca/atkins-diet-a...-donaldson.html

Just published. Please feel free to add comments, corrections and questions here.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-24-01, 19:13

Plan: My own (based on a compil
Stats: 333/260/224 Male 73 ins
BF:
Progress: 67%

Unique feature about this diet the banning of all fruit and vegetables, until target weight reached. Could we please link also to Mackarness and the Neanderthin diet, which all draw from the same reference sources, notably Stefansson.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-24-01, 21:38
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy Davies
Unique feature about this diet the banning of all fruit and vegetables, until target weight reached. Could we please link also to Mackarness and the Neanderthin diet, which all draw from the same reference sources, notably Stefansson.

Great idea, Andy. But before doing any such crosslinks, I was thinking about a classification system for all the low-carb plans. Something like: Ketonic plans, non-ketonic plans, cyclical plans. Haven't figured out the details, or how to best put it. In addition to a summary table, much like consumer guides.

Some updates as such will be added soon, and suggestions are always welcome.

Wa'il
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Oct-25-01, 17:19

Plan: My own (based on a compil
Stats: 333/260/224 Male 73 ins
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hi Wa'il,

You have this way of expressing ideas which immediately gives me a mental picture of how it could look. I have had trouble before, trying to submit tables directly onto the forum, so I'll send you by e-mail a sample of the image that came to me when I read the above post.

Andy
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Mar-26-05, 19:27

Plan: Dr. Bernsteins Diabetes
Stats: 180/170/135 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 22%

Hi, I'm going to dive in here. This is my first time and this territory is the most familiar I have found. I have been most greatly reassured and motivated by Steffanson. I am almost 67 and have had blood sugar irregularities, known since I was 28. After a good deal of experimentation with various low-carb regimens and not much good luck, I've gone to a diet that is primarily high-quality (as in grass-fed or the most wholesome I can find) meats, fish, eggs. I have a few other things, but it seems to be absolutely necessary to keep my calories in check as well as carbs. When I indulge in carbs, the desire to eat more inevitably follows. The only other thing I might add is that I had a round of X-ray when I was about 12, ostensibly to keep my tonsils and adenoids from growing back after surgery. I have heard that radiation to this part of the body could cause problems with the pituitary, then to the production of insulin. I am wondering if anyone know more than I about adverse conditions which have resulted from that particular radiation protocol and if it is one reason why I have such difficulty losing weight?

Last edited by Linell2005 : Sat, Mar-26-05 at 23:11. Reason: stated my age wrong
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-18-10, 18:10

Plan: LC RPAH/FailSafe
Stats: 137/136/136 Female 67"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Is anyone currently on Dr. Donaldson's diet?
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Feb-13-12, 12:03

Plan: LC RPAH/FailSafe
Stats: 137/136/136 Female 67"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Dr. Donaldson's book, Strong Medicine, is online, here:

http://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?....39015003228171