Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Apr-20-06, 20:10

Plan: gluten free atkins maint.
Stats: 250/155/180 Male 6 foot 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 136%

Quote:
Originally Posted by renewlife
Hello LukeA I noticed you're doing a 'modified' atkins. I wanted to ask you what have you done to modify it? Have you changed the type of carbs? I look forward to hearing what ammendments you've done as there are certain concerns i have with atkins and you may answer some questions i've had in regards to this. Congratualtions with your success!

Anna

Hi there.
I follow most of the main points as outlined in the DANDR book. The main way I modified it to suit me was never having a strict induction (in the book it does say you can skip it under certain circumstances), and I have never been that careful about counting my carbs. I have a general rough idea, and I did try to slowly add back foods like higher sugar fruits and whole grains in moderation.
My reasoning for going about it this way was based on that I have a past history of eating disorders (annorexia, and binge eating), and obsessive compulsive disorder so I didnt want to get to caught up in the "numbers game" again. Its been working for me. I still have a long ways to go before I am really fit but I feel a lot better now than I have in a long time.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Apr-21-06, 15:12

Plan: atkins
Stats: 310/300/160 Female 5`9
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by attitudes
Hey renew life, I sent you an e-mail the other day, did you get it? When I sent it, it came back, so not sure what happened.

Shoot i guess it didnt work..hmm sweet_annalee44~hotmail.com wanna try this one???? Other than frustrating emails lol how are ya doing attitudes??
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Apr-21-06, 15:19

Plan: atkins
Stats: 310/300/160 Female 5`9
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA
Hi there.
I follow most of the main points as outlined in the DANDR book. The main way I modified it to suit me was never having a strict induction (in the book it does say you can skip it under certain circumstances), and I have never been that careful about counting my carbs. I have a general rough idea, and I did try to slowly add back foods like higher sugar fruits and whole grains in moderation.
My reasoning for going about it this way was based on that I have a past history of eating disorders (annorexia, and binge eating), and obsessive compulsive disorder so I didnt want to get to caught up in the "numbers game" again. Its been working for me. I still have a long ways to go before I am really fit but I feel a lot better now than I have in a long time.

Excellent LukeA!
I totaly know what ya mean by playing the numbers game! I get so locked in my head its crazy lol literally. I think I remember reading a post of yours in another thread...something about sugar free Jones? or am i mistaken? I manage a health food store and often have access to different distributors for various 'low carb' thingys. So if you or Any one else in Saskatoon is interested with a product ''they just cant seem to get''..give me a shout and I'll see what i can do to order it!

~*Annalee*~