Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-10, 13:43

Plan: SBC
Stats: 182/177/155 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default new here

I gained a bunch of weight when I was pregnant. But I never lost it. And my son is nearly 5 years old!

I am coming to accept that I'm not getting any younger. And that I don't want to waste what's left of my life feeling fat and unhappy about how I look.

HELP! I'm hoping low carb will make a difference for me. I read the South Beach book a year ago and I tried the diet. I lost 7 lbs but I've since gained it all back. I can't seem to get past the 2 week induction phase.

I just want to lose some weight. I hate being overweight. I feel so self-conscious.

I hope this board can help me stick to the program and provide me with some support as well.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-10, 14:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/PP/GI
Stats: 235/212.7/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 26%

Your son is nearly 5 years old? Hmmm, my younger daughter is nearly 40, and I'm still trying to lose the weight i gained during my pregnancy. The doc told me that I was eating for two, and away I went. I just started on Phase 2 this week, and I'm feeling great, not deprived at all. Weight is s-l-o-w-l-y coming down, which, when I think about it, is the same way it went up. I'm mainly a "lurker" but find these folks incredibly supportive and helpful. Glad you're here!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-10, 14:43
Registered Member

Plan: Primal
Stats: 368/315/198 Male 6' 2"
BF:
Progress: 31%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_kitty68
I lost 7 lbs but I've since gained it all back. I can't seem to get past the 2 week induction phase.

This is not a dig at Atkins, South Beach or any diet that has ever worked for anyone, but I jumped into a paleo diet/lifestyle because it didn't have these phases and rules. Just get off of sugar, grains, refined seed and veg oils, and eat really healthy and yummy food for the rest of your life. The rest ofyour life business being key. South Beach was working for you, hundreds of diets will work for you if losing weight equals working, but whatever you do, do it for good. Losing weight is easy. Keeping it off permanently is the challenge. Good luck Ms Kitty. You can do it. You don't have far to go. Welcome aboard.