Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-23-04, 11:56
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/155/140 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default I'm such an imposter

I visit this site at least 5 times a week and I absolutely love it here. I figured that being here would inspire me to stick to the plan, but the truth is, I've been off the wagon for weeks. Oh, I do the plan in fits and starts, but I always cave before day's end. I actually sat here one day over lunch and read posts while I ate chips & dip, spaghetti, and yogurt, and this was after I drank a whole quart of chocolate milk on my way to work. Ah, the gluttony. Today I had chips & dip, chicken sandwich, chocolate bar, and apple for lunch. And I usually go home at night and eat myself out of house and home, too. Luckily for me, I haven't gained any weight, I just keep maintaining, but I think I can thank months of low-carbing for the metabolism boost. I need to get back on track before I destroy everything. Anyone got any words that'll knock me upside the head so I can think straight again?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-23-04, 13:35
Registered Member

Plan: No plan right now
Stats: 148/146/125 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

God, you sound exactly like me. I inhaled lo mein for lunch today. I knew I shouldn't have gotten it, but I had no will power at all and even had to go out of my way to get it. I ate it like I hadn't eaten in weeks! I've gained about 5 pounds doing this over the past month or so and I really want to get motivated again to lose the rest, to goal. I just don't know where to turn now. I feel so out of control.

Maybe somebody on here can help us get back on track?
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-23-04, 13:42

Plan: Paleo Diet (Modified)
Stats: 145/145/??? Male 6' 0"
BF:Not much
Progress: 0%

I think the important thing is to not be so hard on yourself.

I'm sure everyone here is guilty of slipping on their diets. So what? Just acknowledge you made a mistake, forgive yourself for being human, and try again.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Aug-23-04, 13:45
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks for the advice, Novakane. I'm going to make up my mind to just DO IT, no matter how hard I think it will be. I know I feel so much better eating low carb foods, but my stubborn will wins out too much.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Aug-23-04, 13:57

Plan: Paleo Diet (Modified)
Stats: 145/145/??? Male 6' 0"
BF:Not much
Progress: 0%

Yep, these things happen. Just give yourself a dusting off and jump back on the wagon. All self-loathing is going to do is make you want to indulge further.

On one hand you're trying to punish yourself, so you eat what you know you shouldn't. On the other hand you're now feeling bad or sorry for yourself (weather you've admitted it to yourself yet, or not) so you seek the solace and comfort in being "bad".
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Aug-23-04, 13:57

Plan: general lc
Stats: 165/000/140 Female 65 inches
BF:-?
Progress: 660%

I lost seven pounds, went off track for weeks, and unfortunately gained the weight back. I started all over at day one and I am doing better now than I was the first time. I have more willpower, I'm more determined, and I'm more focused. I had to stop looking at the big haul, it seemed overwelming. Now I have mini goals. I make a goal every morning to make it through the day.
You can start over if you're ready. Just try and stay focused and remember you're worth it. It can be done.

Good luck!!!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Aug-24-04, 09:40
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks for the replies, everyone. Today is not the day, I guess. I'm sitting here now with a large Frosty and spaghetti warming in the microwave. Tomorrow? What do ya say sobxlady? I think I better get to the store, nothing but carbs in the house now unless I just want to eat eggs all day!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Aug-24-04, 12:04

Stats: 350/205/180 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 85%

Start when you feel ready, when you go off your diet just keep your calories in check and you shouldn't get hit WAY to hard with weight gain!

Remember this people, YOU CAN"T BE ON A DIET THAT HAS YOU LOOSING WEIGHT YOUR ENTIRE LIFE. You'd waste away to nothing!

It's cool to take a break here and there. The weight is always there for you to loose, just make sure you have a tight grip on over indulgence.

Drop the "oh crap I ate something, I'll get back on track later" and bring some structure to your carbohydrate based diet!!!!
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Aug-24-04, 13:09
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishw1213
Thanks for the replies, everyone. Today is not the day, I guess. I'm sitting here now with a large Frosty and spaghetti warming in the microwave. Tomorrow? What do ya say sobxlady? I think I better get to the store, nothing but carbs in the house now unless I just want to eat eggs all day!

Oh I wish I could but I know I don't have it in me just yet. Maybe next week?
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Aug-24-04, 20:57

Plan: Atkins Ind. + exercise
Stats: 209.0/200.6/155 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

One thing that finally helped me not bury my head in the fridge and whatever I could find in it at the end of the day was to do "planned" cheats for staying really good for a week. I spent one meal on the weekend and reserve it for anything I want. The other reason you may be cheating is that you aren't eating enough at other meals throughout the day. I did that too, so I make sure I carry a protein shake or a low carb protein bar or some peanuts/macadamia nuts with me to snack on when cravings hit
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Aug-25-04, 09:27
Registered Member

BF:

Next week, yes. Monday? Today is out, I just finished a lunch of 3 pieces of leftover pizza, half a sandwich, a burrito, and a Snickers. I'm such a hog! I'm sure I'll not be hungry the rest of the day, though. Geez I hope not.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Aug-25-04, 10:22

Stats: 169/152/125 Female 5'00"
BF:
Progress: 39%

Another thing to remember, starting back on induction, the first few days are the hardest, your body has to get rid of those carbs and switch to fat burning mode! Oh don't I know the feeling! I just hopped back on the band wagon myself( though throughout the last 6 months, i tried to watch my carb intake, even on those not so good days) Started back up on monday, and am in the Purple this morning, not sure how that happend so fast, but I find that the keto-sticks help me stick with it, as long as I see they are changing color. You really just have to be ready to do it, and you'll get there, support always helps.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Aug-25-04, 11:39

Plan: Atkins Ind. + exercise
Stats: 209.0/200.6/155 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

I have finally made it through three days on and lets roll out the symptoms!...mild headache, a generally, uh shall we say backed up condition, and trotting to the potty every hour to flush retained water. lol, You would think that we would stick with it just to avoid those first three days! Happy LC!
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Aug-25-04, 12:02
Registered Member

BF:

Yeah, those first days can be rough, but I don't mind it so much compared to the gassy bloatedness I get from eating lots of carbs. Day two I always feel like a popped balloon! Ok, my mind is working.......Writing out a grocery list and looking up new recipes always helps me get in the mode. Maybe I'll start this weekend when I'll be home and able to cook for a change.
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-04, 06:50
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishw1213
Next week, yes. Monday? Today is out, I just finished a lunch of 3 pieces of leftover pizza, half a sandwich, a burrito, and a Snickers. I'm such a hog! I'm sure I'll not be hungry the rest of the day, though. Geez I hope not.

Monday sounds great!! I'll shop this weekend and get my mindset ready. WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!