Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories > Milestones
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-13-11, 19:49
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/protein power
Stats: 243/216/121 Female 167cm
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default first goal!

this might not be big but its huge in my eyes at least.

I made my goals not based on weight well some what but mainly by my pants. i have a black denim pants with studs on the sides and i haven't worn them in a long time because i was just to big an i was miserable because i love those jeans.

all my friends have been commenting that my current size jeans (Aus 22) was miles to big but i thought they were fine, i dont see any weight loss an still see myself rather big. so i decided that this fine monday morning i was going to try on those damn black jeans, an if i could fit in them i was going to be stricter and better with my diet (i haven't been good at all, i'd rather take 20g of carbs from chocolate then veg) and so i slipped the pants on, when i pulled it midway on my thighs all i kept going was "oh" then they slipped up to my hip and again "oh" and then finally once they were done up and i was staring in the mirror for what must of been an hour but probably only 10min i finally screamed, my beloved Aus size 20 jeans fitted, goal one done!

i've never achieved goals so this is a first and it feels oddly good. grant the jeans are a tiny tight at the moment but they will loosen up. now i have to behave myself with the rest of the diet otherwise my jeans wont fit an i loved how i was in them, lol. every time i walked passed a window with my reflection at the shops i had to do a double take because they make me look nice and nice is not me, i'm the tomboy girl in my group of friends, the one that refuses to date, that stays single, the fat friend, the shy one, the one they all come to for help, the one that doesn't tell the friends things, the one thats afraid all the time. you get it so when i kept doing this my friends said "your getting thing karin, your getting there. we're right here with you, ONWARDS FOR A NEW WARDROBE!!" an we went window shopping. lol.

i just wanted to share that i got to my first goal even though i've been extremely bad with the diet, an need to fix it up but it still worked with many cheat and off days now if i was to get super serious about this...just imagine what i could achieve in the same time!!! yes i like that idea.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-14-11, 11:19

Plan: my own
Stats: 285/247/199 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 44%

welcome to the board. Keep up the great work.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-15-11, 03:38
Registered Member

BF:

thanks! i'm going to. its the new way of life for me ^^
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-15-11, 07:59

Plan: Less than 30 grams a day
Stats: 259/241/155 Female 69 inches
BF:Yes
Progress: 17%

That's really great kazz! I think those types of goals are so important not only to set, but to reach them so good job! That's the kind of stuff that keeps us motivated because it's a physical reward for all the hard work.

You mentioned you've been "extremely bad with the diet" so just imagine the goals you can reach if you stick with it more closely. Either way, congrats!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-15-11, 15:11
Registered Member

BF:

thank you. yeh well i get discouraged by weight goals so i thought clothe goals would be better. yeh i never actually saw it like that, lol. but now that you mention it. well then maybe my next goal is to get in to a top :P good thing i've kept some of my use to be old clothes.

yeh i have, cant even say i'm doing a diet, its more really my normal eating just minus the evening carbs. i know i promised myself if i could fit in to these jeans i'd exercise and stick to it more closely. now i have to as i promised myself.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Feb-15-11, 15:21
Think, then Eat.

Plan: LC / L-FODMAP / L-IgG
Stats: 276.4/231.7/199 Male 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 58%

Congrats on reaching your first goal. Awesome job!!! Keep up the great work and you will soon have an entire new wardrobe of awesome clothes.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Feb-15-11, 21:58
Registered Member

BF:

thanks! i hope to buy my new wardrobe of clothes when i go to America on the 11th of June 2011 so i really need to knuckle down and push myself so i can achieve that main goal ^^
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Feb-18-11, 18:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins - DANDR
Stats: 191.5/170/130 Female 63 inches
BF:30.5%/25.3%/20%
Progress: 35%

Way to go you!! I am glad we're both dreaming of a new wardrobe. Honestly, the thought of buying all new clothes, is what keeps me going ALL day, every day.

Keep it up!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Feb-18-11, 18:43

Plan: General Low-Carb
Stats: 240/225/125 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

Very good!
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Feb-19-11, 03:22
Registered Member

BF:

~cammiej: same here! only my dream is to buy all knew clothes in america so i can have the excuse to pack hardly any clothes and go shopping, lol. dad wont be able to blame me either :P but first to see my friend! an maybe shop with her instead of dad, lol. thats the whole reason in going really. to visit her.

~techshelly: thanks!!
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Feb-19-11, 09:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins - DANDR
Stats: 191.5/170/130 Female 63 inches
BF:30.5%/25.3%/20%
Progress: 35%

This may be a tangent, but it's really not uncommon for people to pack hardly anything and then buy a ton of stuff in America. I used to work at a clothing store. And we would have a surprising number of Japanese / Indian / Australian shoppers who would literally buy luggage and fill it there. It must be some phenomena that I don't get. Do Americans do this when they travel abroad and I just had no idea because I have never done it?

As I've said before, you're going to look awesome for your America trip! And, your dad won't be able to blame you since 1) he won't be there and 2) how many times do you really lose a ton weight, visit a friend you haven't seen in a while, and travel that far all at the same time. Keep it up!
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Feb-20-11, 03:32
Registered Member

BF:

then i'm being tangent like them all! and finally being like a common sheep, lol, instead of the odd ball sheep

thanks hun. dad will actually be there with me. its just him and me, we're going together so we can build on our relationship together.

haha maybe i dont know. well if you see some strange Aussie buying in a store for tons of clothes in june the 12th well that should be me, after all my friend who i am visiting is in texas, austin, an she said i had to go shopping, lol. but it'll just be me an her while my dad goes shooting, lol.

not often and i need to break this protection the fat has given me and embrace the new life of a thinner me when that day comes! and dad has promised if i can maintain this new weight when i reach it for a year or more then he'll buy me a ticket to europe! whoo! *dances in semi circles* an what better long term goal is there then that!
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Feb-20-11, 17:05

Plan: 160g animal protein/day
Stats: 185/167/165 Female 5'10
BF:35
Progress: 90%

Awesome! I had the same experience with some black pants from Express that I used to fit into perfectly. Just like you, the pants were tight on me, but I got them to close and I didn't have anything bulging over the top. Don't you just love moments like those?
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Feb-21-11, 03:51
Registered Member

BF:

oh yes i love those moments! now to make everything look that much better on me, lol. i had a slight run in with a so called friend who is now no longer my friend and lets just say its enough motivation to keep going, lol.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Mar-07-11, 19:02
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 204/199.2/145 Female  5 ft 4 in
BF:
Progress: 8%

Doing the happy dance with ya!! One goal at a time!! Together we can do this!!