Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-08, 20:42

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 46%

I'm not weighing so I can't tell you that but I went down a pants size. Not to sound bossy or any old thing but be careful over doing it. I was doing shred and a walk run ranging between 3.5 and 6 mph st night for a few miles and it was too much too soon. I had a terrible case of shin splints after a few weeks of it. It took over a month to heal. Amazingly I saw better results when I cut back. Odd!
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-08, 20:51
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/151/125 Female 152cm
BF:
Progress: 30%

Thanks~ I really appreciate the imput. Since I am just starting, I'm trying to find a balance that optimizes results and weight loss. So G'head...Boss Away!!
  #108   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-08, 21:15

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello2
Thanks~ I really appreciate the imput. Since I am just starting, I'm trying to find a balance that optimizes results and weight loss. So G'head...Boss Away!!

Oh good! I was so worried it might come across as offensive. I was really suprised to get the splints as I "thought" I was in pretty good shape after 8 years of exercise. Nope! I need to pick up 10 lb weights tomorrow cuz 5 is getting too easy. Yeah!

Even if your weight loss isn't real fast you'll be reshaping your body. Besides muscles weighs more than plain old fat. Yeah for muscle!
  #109   ^
Old Fri, Jun-27-08, 06:10

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 158/136/140 Female 5ft 10in
BF:
Progress: 122%

Still Shreddin' over here - going to do level 3 today!
  #110   ^
Old Fri, Jun-27-08, 10:05
Registered Member

BF:

Hi H2O...I can't even IMAGINE it, right now!!! Level 1 is Tough Stuff for Me. Good for You!!
How long have you been Shredding? I'm on Day 4 and am seeing a little improvement in endurance...and I mean a LITTLE!! How long before you were still workin it, but not feeling like you were going to drop dead?
  #111   ^
Old Fri, Jun-27-08, 11:08

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello2
Hi H2O...I can't even IMAGINE it, right now!!! Level 1 is Tough Stuff for Me. Good for You!!
How long have you been Shredding? I'm on Day 4 and am seeing a little improvement in endurance...and I mean a LITTLE!! How long before you were still workin it, but not feeling like you were going to drop dead?

You'll get there - as you do each level your endurance levels will increase and you'll know when you're ready to try the next level. I've been doing Shred for nine weeks now. I did it from Mon - Fri until the 30 days were up. The way I did it was, I did each level for two weeks and then moved on to the next level until I finally got to level 3.

I now alternate mostly between levels 2 and 3. And on days when I'm feeling under the weather (i.e., when TOM is here) I'll go back and do level 1. I'd have to say that level 2 is my fav of all the three. I am currently looking for a comparable workout to do on alternate days that I'm not doing Shred, maybe Tae Bo or something...I dunno yet. But I continue to do Shred at least three times a week.
  #112   ^
Old Fri, Jun-27-08, 11:54
Registered Member

BF:

Question for everybody... When You first Began doing Shred, did you find that it took a long time to cool down after the workout. I find that after the workout is over I have Jelly Legs and Shaky arms for about 30-40 min. Also, feel a bit...ummm..queasy..for lack of a better word. Not as though I am going to be sick immediately or anything..just kind of a pit in my stomach and no appetite right after working out..Is this normal? How long does this feeling last?
I realize that a lot of this could be due to my own lack of physical fitness, just wondering if anyone out there has had similar experiences.
  #113   ^
Old Fri, Jun-27-08, 16:17

BF:

Jello I never experienced it but I've been exercising forever. However one of my sons was like that after the first few football practices. He actually vomited. Coach said it was pretty normal and to relax mom!
  #114   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-08, 09:39

Plan: atkins- vegetarian
Stats: 144/131/125 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 29%

I finally got the DVD and did workout #1 this morning. I made it through with not much sweating, but when I was done I felt like jello and I was weak and suddenly REALLY wanted breakfast! Maybe I should eat breakfast 1st next time? What do you think?
Anyway, I really liked her approach and enjoyed the workout. I haven't worked out for about a year...I'm so icky right now.. hehe..that will all change if I can keep this up!
  #115   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-08, 18:55

BF:

Tammy~ I usually eat breakfast first. Seems to work for me. Keep it up! You'll love what you see.
  #116   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-08, 09:19

Plan: atkins- vegetarian
Stats: 144/131/125 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 29%

OMG! I was so sore after the 1st workout that I couldn't work out again for 3 days! I could barely walk...and stairs...forget about it! That just tells me how "out of shape" I actually am. So I did it yesterday after a 3 day break and I will do it again today, but I will eat breakfast 1st this time. How is everyone doing? Still sticking with it?
  #117   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-08, 09:29

BF:

I've been missing Shred this past couple of weeks. I decided it was time to change it up a bit since I'd be doing Shred for almost three months. I've now been doing Jari Love's Ripped to the Core (awesome, btw), but Shred isn't gone forever. It is still at the top of my workout dvd list. I'll be popping it in the dvd player again soon enough.
  #118   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-08, 08:05

Stats: 188/183/165 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:Lots
Progress: 22%

Okay, I've been reading the amazing results with this, so I finally got the DVD. I tried it last night, and I will keep trying, but I gotta' say when Jillian kept saying "you can do it" I was saying "sure, you who are 30 can do it - but give this 60 yo a break". Also, I couldn't do the jumping jacks because of my bad left leg and drop foot. My foot would catch in the carpet. I will try different shoes, or else lay a piece of linolium down tonight. But even as little of it as I actually did, I'm feeling it in the love handles today.
  #119   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-08, 17:43

BF:

Catsrus~ maybe you could just sub a different aerobics move for the jumping jacks. I sub a move or two due to a knee.
I finally tried number two and amazingly I found it lots easier than one. That was weird. Speaking of I better go do it!!
  #120   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-08, 17:43

BF:

Catsrus~ maybe you could just sub a different aerobics move for the jumping jacks. I sub a move or two due to a knee.
I finally tried number two and amazingly I found it lots easier than one. That was weird. Speaking of I better go do it!!
Oh I've also added crunchless abs