Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-31-07, 23:49

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 190/169/140 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default This, That, and PP Chat for Jan 08!!

I can't post much now because I'm a bit tipsy, but I wanted to start a new thread anyway!

My 13yo is at a friend's house for the night, and my other two kids are still up. We had a nice quiet evening at home.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-08, 07:31

Plan: Protein Power/Paleo
Stats: 188.5/169.5/145 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 44%

Happy New Year!

I'm starting off well, so far. I need a finger-crossing smiley! The big challenge for this year will be getting rid of the dairy. I think that's the only way this will work for me.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-08, 09:50

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSara6
Happy New Year!

I'm starting off well, so far. I need a finger-crossing smiley! The big challenge for this year will be getting rid of the dairy. I think that's the only way this will work for me.

Yeah, dairy is hard to give up- it's so delicious! I use a lot of coconut milk in place of dairy, but that feels a bit weird to me on a philisophical level. I know that my ancestors were far more likely to have consumed dairy products rather than coconuts, and I can get locally produced dairy- but coconut stuff comes from much further away.

But, for the time being, dairy isnt' agreeing with me and coconut is. I'm hoping that, after a few months of being gluten-free, I'll be able to tolerate SOME dairy products again, even if I can't have all of them.

For now I seem to be feeling better overall, and the weight loss is progressing fairly steadily. The weirdest thing is my feet- either my feet have actually shrunk, or all my shoes are completely stretched out.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-08, 09:53
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
I know that my ancestors were far more likely to have consumed dairy products rather than coconuts

Depends how far back you go.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-08, 10:04

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
Depends how far back you go.

If I go back a few hundred years, my ancesters were in Eastern Europe. My grandparents on my Dad's side, and my great-grandparents on my Mom's side emigrated to NY from Russia/Romania/Poland.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-08, 13:14
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

Ruth, I'm glad you started the January thread...though it was probably wise to wait to post. Posting and drinking (or emailing and drinking, etc.) do NOT mix. ROFL

Happy New Year everyone. I'm looking forward to the start of this new year and a chance to take back my body...but first someone has to give it up and right now he's still very comfy inside. But things are progressing nicely and "gearing up" for the big event. It could be "any day now" from tomorrow to a couple weeks, so we'll see!

Take care and I'll keep you all posted...
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-08, 06:44

Plan: Protein Power/Paleo
Stats: 188.5/169.5/145 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 44%

How exciting, Lisa! I hope all goes well. This is "birthday month" at our house with celebrations on the 6th, 10th, and 24th. Here's a tip: In the future, do your birthday shopping during December because the stores are pretty empty and doing inventory in January! All the good toys are gone!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-08, 14:03

Stats: 215/164/158 Female 68 inches (5' 8")
BF:much/less/now :-)
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthla
The weirdest thing is my feet- either my feet have actually shrunk, or all my shoes are completely stretched out.

Feet shrink! :-) My shoes fit better now.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-08, 15:56

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

I would like to visit you guys at the PP thread. My holidays were great plus I was down a lb. I see we are going to have a little low carber in our midst. Hope everyone a wonderful New Year.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-08, 16:17
Taking MY Turn

BF:

Hi everyone! It took me a little while to stop by and check on my fellow PPers because I've been busy having a baby.

I've been home since Friday but finally had the chance to check in and let you know I delivered a beautiful, healthy baby boy on January 3rd! I have an update in my journal if you'd like to take a peek, find out the details and see pictures

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...1&page=90&pp=15

I am now 11 pounds lighter LOL and though understandably sleep-deprived, really doing well otherwise. I can tell how much my healthy lifestyle affected my entire pregnancy, labor and delivery process.

I do need to keep resting and not spend too much time at the computer just yet, but I wanted to come by and say hello and let you know the good news! I'll check back in again soon...
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jan-07-08, 07:34

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by black57
I would like to visit you guys at the PP thread. My holidays were great plus I was down a lb. I see we are going to have a little low carber in our midst. Hope everyone a wonderful New Year.
Welcome to the thread!!!
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jan-07-08, 07:38

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaz8605
Hi everyone! It took me a little while to stop by and check on my fellow PPers because I've been busy having a baby.

I've been home since Friday but finally had the chance to check in and let you know I delivered a beautiful, healthy baby boy on January 3rd! I have an update in my journal if you'd like to take a peek, find out the details and see pictures

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...1&page=90&pp=15

I am now 11 pounds lighter LOL and though understandably sleep-deprived, really doing well otherwise. I can tell how much my healthy lifestyle affected my entire pregnancy, labor and delivery process.

I do need to keep resting and not spend too much time at the computer just yet, but I wanted to come by and say hello and let you know the good news! I'll check back in again soon...

Congrats!!

To be honest, I noticed your plan was "Post Partum PP" before I noticed anything in your post!

Funny how you mentioned being 11 lbs lighter. I remember somebody once posted a birth story on a message board and titled it "I lost 20 lbs today." After my son was born, I noticed that I lost about 20 lbs when he was born but then gained about 10 lbs back when my milk came in. Not that it really mattered, but I had fun checking it out.

Enjoy your new little one! If you have any baby care or breastfeeding questions, feel free to email or PM me.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Jan-10-08, 07:54
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

Hi all. Congratulations, Lisa!

Seems like a lot of us have gone dairy-free, doesn't it?
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Jan-10-08, 08:08

BF:

I'm still hoping I'll be able to safely re-introduce goat's milk soon. I was gearing up to try it, then got glutened and feel horribly sick from that, so the goat milk test is going to have to wait.

I'm also trying my 11yo on a GF diet next week. She's had so many behavioral issues that were partially helped by Feingold (avoiding synthetic colors, flavors, etc) but not 100%. She became IMPOSSIBLE when she was working with pizza dough (since I knew I couldnt safely touch the stuff, and I still got sick from breathing it in) so I'm thinking maybe wheat and/or gluten is affecting her as well. I've read that with kids, you can see results much faster- a few days rather than a few months- so I'm hoping 1 week is long enough to see some results.

I'm not sure if I'm hoping it helps her or if I'm hoping it doesn't change anything. If she can't handle gluten safely, it's much better to find out NOW before she gets all kinds of damage from it, like what I suspect happened to me, but at the same time I'm hoping she won't need these dietary restrictions!
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-08, 20:16
Taking MY Turn

BF:

Hi everyone. Thanks, Ruth and Kristine! But hush now about the dairy-free, haha. Man, I do love my dairy. But I have to admit my appetite has been WAY off since delivering my son (a week and a day ago) and it feels like my stomach has shrunk or something. Before I gave birth I had a weird appetite and a craving for "bad things". Now I still have the "off" appetite part also combined with a snap back to my PPLP views...so where I'd go for the classic comfort foods before, that doesn't sound good either. It's definitely limited my intake, but I'm just going slow and making good choices where I can. I am drinking milk (organic, hormone/antibiotic free as always) and trying to select good sources of protein and when I do grains whole grains only. I am also weaning myself off sugar and keeping to my focus of purity in foods...avoiding HFCS and trans fats and preservatives, as has been my goal since starting this plan. And of course I'm still drinking a great deal of water.

This week I have been trying to rest as much as possible but have slowly been working my core muscles, which I'm happy to say made it through pregnancy and delivery very well. This coming week I plan to incorporate some more light exercise, with a goal of going back to the gym by my postpartum check-up in 4-6 weeks (depending on how I feel I might call the doc sooner).

So anyhow, that's my update. Hope everyone is doing well. Good luck with the GF experiement with your daughter, Ruth.