Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View comments Article tools
4 goals reached....and still going!!!!
Posted by HelloKitty
Posted Thu, Apr-18-02
Female 66
Plan: Atkins (89)
Stats: 221/159/150
BF:sizes:18W/ 8 /6-4
Progress: 87%
Talking 4 goals reached....and still going!!!!

I'm very proud to be able to say that "I did it!!!!"
When I started LC I never thought that I would ever be under 200 lbs again, let alone accomplish the things that I have accomplish in the past 4 months. I've set goals along the way that seemed unattainable at the time, but I figured that it gave me something to reach for, although I thought that it was an exercise in futility.

Goal #1 - my husband's black jeans (34's): When I was 145 lbs, they were so loose. All I wanted to do was be able to pull them up past my knees again. I hadn't been able to wear them since 175 lbs (and that was pushing it.......) In December 2001/Jan 2002, I was finally able to get into them (Mind you, not comfortable, but breathing wasn't important if I could get into them. ) As of this date, I can no longer wear them because they're too big!!!!!

Goal # 2 - get into my size 12 levis from 5 years ago: Goal achieved February/March 2002. They were really tight at the time and I haven't tried them on in awhile, but I'm sure they fit better now (hmmmmmm, a project for later!!!!!!!! )

Goal # 3 - to be smaller than my husband: When we met I was so much smaller than he was. I was tired of being bigger than he was. Now I'm to the point that, after wearing his clothes for a few months because mine were too big, I can't anymore!!! They're so baggy!!!!! (heck!!! To be smaller than guys in general!!!!!!! I actually had some guy pick me up (litterally off the ground ) last night!!!! I was so shocked because it was like effortless to him!!!!!!)

Goal # 4 - My ULTIMATE non-number related goal: to be able to buy Calvin Klein clothes again I loved wearing them when I was thin. They were comfortable and looked great. I went shopping yesterday, (I have no clothes to wear and I've shrunk out of my husband's clothes.......... ) with the intent of having to get 14's or 16's (heavy heartedly, I just wanted to get into what I was when I was 145, which were size 12's and the RARE,skin tight 10's ) I got up the courage to try on some CK's (14's of course, expecting them to be too tight), They were really baggy!!!! I didn't want to have to wear a belt, so I chanced it, waiting for the inevitable "these won't button or zip" of the 12's glarring at me. Shockingly, THEY FIT!!!!!!!!!!! comfortably, baggy in the hinder (which I can deal with) and looser in the waist (Of course, it's been YEARS since I've had pants WITH a waist) Yet they fit like jeans are suppose too!!!!! I was so excited!!!!

I've just been so happy about reaching my goals that I had to share them. For those people who think that it's impossible to get the weight down, it's not!!! It takes time, patients and desire. Everyone falls off once in awhile or stalls, but don't let it get you down.
I've accomplished so much more on this WOE since I've been a member of this forum. It's a great place and I wish it much longevity!!!!!!!

Melissa
Article tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Success Photos
Before
Not uploaded yet
In-Progress
Not uploaded yet
After
Not uploaded yet

by TeriDoodle on Fri, Apr-19-02, 11:39
Default CONGRATULATIONS !!

Thanks for posting your successes, Melissa.... it keeps us ALL going and getting better every day. Sounds like you've conquered quite a bit and have so much to be proud of!!

WAY TO GO!!!!

17 comments [read all comments]