Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-03, 08:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 293/288.2/199 Female 5 foot 11 inches
BF:38%/??/25%
Progress: 5%
Default Road to 10/12 Chicago Marathon

Well here I am 17 weeks out frorm the marathon and adding miles into my exercise plan. Runing has always been a large part of my life and i have always wanted to do a marathon. So no time like the present and I am not getting any younger either!!!!!!!
Since I have made the choice to commit to it. It brouhgt back my commintment to lc woe (which I love) and exercise. I have tons more energy and feel better about myself. Then I found out that I have my 15 year reunion from high school coming up on 9/6/03~ by then I will be 6 weeks out from the marathon and looking much like when I left school ~~ with more tone!!!!

So today I will be at the gym and do 3 miles on the treadmill, 100 crunches for my abs and STRECHING!!!! Sunday I will be getting on a circuit training plan so I can stay strong. This will help alot with training also. Hoping to stay injury free

Well I need to get to the gym
Sonja
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-03, 13:02

OK jsut got back fromt he gym and I really need to vent my frustration with the scale and my inablility to stay off of it!~!!

Why do I feel the need to just jump on after I workout!!!????
I know I shouldn't but for some reason I can't stop myself. I am so desperate to see the 270's and I 'm sitting firmly on 281 I have 4 workouts before monday so I will NOT GET ON THAT DEMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK I feel better now and I will stay for away from it. Saturdays run is 6 or 7 miles outside so I won't be at the gym to be tempted.

Sonja
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-22-03, 10:27

Ok I took a rest day on friday so I could get a long run in on Sat. The run was 6 miles, I ran and walked. But it was alot eaiser this week than last and I know each week it will get easier. I will be crosstrraining this evening. I have a date with my Tae Bo video !! That's good because it targets toning and strengthing my abs and middle section.

I have to go to a seminar this afternoon at one of my clinics. It's on training for an Ironman (Ironman Wisconsin) The PT I work with is presenting, myself and last years winner of Ironman Wi Heather Gollnick Pro-Athlete. It should be very informative. Plus good exposure for myself and our clinic.

Weight in tomorrow and hoping to be in the 270's by then.

Sonja
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jul-06-03, 17:11

wow I've been naughty and not posted in my gym log for awhile. Last week on my 4 mile run I took a spill and twisted my left ankle and road rash on my right leg!!! But I RICED and got elctro-stem the next day and it felt better. I ran a 4 mile race on friday
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jul-06-03, 17:15

ok so I ran the first 3 miles and then had to walk since my ankle was swollen in my shoe. SO I played it safe and walked the rest. I took the last 2 days off and now I am ready to go!!! This week I will be putting in long miles to catch up in my training. Should go good. I need to really stay positive. Mental is half the battle. I know I can talk myself out of anything!!! So I need to talk myself in to long miles

Well I need to get ready for the week
Sonja
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 20:30

I need an insert in my shoes to stop my from running on the outside of my feet so I will get that hopefully monday I did 45 mins on the eliptical trainer and then walked fast for 10 mins onthe tread mill. Tomorrow I plan on running slow and then jumping rope. Jumping is suppose to be of the fastest ways to drop weight and burn calories. And it's really hard!!!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-03, 19:27

Ok I had a great workout today I got 30 mins of cardio in and liftes jsut a few leg exercises. I was hoping to get more abs in but just didn't have the time. So tomorrowsplan is 45 mins of cardio and ABS!!!!! Then I need to go to the PT (tom) he's my friend and see if I need inserts or new shoes or maybe jsut some exercises to help me run correctly. Whatever he does I know it will help my long run on Saturday.

Eats have been great and I am doing well for weight loss this month too. Also I have been doing the ole pant-o-meter and things there are getting better too!!! So life is good right now I just need to stay on track for the next 14 weeks!!!!!!!! AndI have been reading mags on how what people do to stay motivated the last 6 miles of a marathon. Trying to really find something that works for me. I know all the clothes I will be able to wear in Hawaii are a huge influence and I thought that while I was running I could just keep imagining myself 24hrs later on a plan for HAWAII!!!!!!! For a chance of a lifetime vacation and professional experience. Speaking of which since I am in the sports profession getting back into shape will help my career and my creditablility from doing a marathon. Sounds crazy but I know society places so much emphasis on looks that it will help to be back in shape

Wow I am really babbling now!!! Thank goodness it is only in my journal I do this

Sonja