Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-14, 00:06
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178.8/174.8/158 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default My first post

Hello! I am Menou's mom and I'm excited to meet you all. I was just googling to see if I could find an answer regarding heavy cream, and much to my delight I stumbled upon this forum. I've been following the Atkins plan for about 4 weeks now and not seeing much weight loss (4.4 lbs). I know something is not quite right. Maybe y'all can help me figure it out.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-14, 06:00

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Welcome, we'd be happy to help to help if you tell us more about your food choices and activity. However, you have lost 25% of your goal weight and when you don't have much to lose, the scale may not tell the whole story. Inches? How do you feel? More Energy?
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-12-14, 12:45

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 276.4/266.6/200 Female 5'8
BF:I've got some!!!
Progress: 13%

Welcome!

If you post a menu we can for sure help!

This place is a well of knowledge!

#4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-13-14, 16:53
Registered Member

BF:

I'm so happy right now! I didn't realize anyone had replied. I'm not getting the hang of this forum. I feel energetic, I'm not hungry, in fact I almost forget to eat and that is not like me! But I feel like my clothes are getting tighter. I'll take measurements tomorrow morning. I've been testing with Keto-sticks which register trace to small amounts. I've been keeping my carbs below 20 unless there are hidden carbs I've been missing. Shouldn't I be in ketosis? The more I get discouraged the more I lose confidence this will work.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-13-14, 16:58
Registered Member

BF:

Janet, I have lost over 30 pounds in the past year and a half using the WW point system, but when I got lazy and the weight started creeping back on, I knew I had to try something different. It has crossed my mind that previous weight loss is affecting my results now.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-13-14, 17:49

In the User CP (control panel) above, go to edit Options, set the default subscription notice to daily, and you will get an email early am for any thread you or others have posted on. Or thread tools above for just this one.
You have the signs of being in ketosis...the energy, lack of hunger, any amount of color on the ketostick...all good. Wouldn't you rather eat fewer calories just because you are not hungry and want to move more, than counting points and being hungry much of the day?
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Feb-13-14, 22:44
Registered Member

BF:

Thank you so much Janet!
I think my days of point counting are over. It worked to make me aware of what I was doing with the food I was consuming and I lost enough weight to look and feel good, but after a couple years it became a struggle, and I was gaining by the week. I can't spend the rest of my years struggling and obsessed with food.
I've known for decades that I am not able to eat sugar or white flour without losing control. So far this plan has been easy. But I need assurance it's working.
I've been weighing every morning, obsessing over the number on the scale, afraid the diet wasn't working, wanting to stay on top of it before it got out of hand.
Tomorrow morning I will weigh and measure and then I'll weigh less frequently. Gulp!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Feb-14-14, 04:59

Great, Consider using a pair of jeans/other favorite clothes that are now a bit snug as a non-scale way of measuring progress and step away from that scale! Also note "non-scale victories"...better skin, less joint pain, ability to just ignore dessert, whatever.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Feb-14-14, 06:32
Triple digit loss

Plan: Dr. Bernstien
Stats: 352/206.8/175 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 82%

My view point, is you are doing great 1.2 pounds a week when you only have 20 pounds left loose. I would think that is about average.

the less weight i need to loose the lower my amount I am loosing per week.

Last 3 weeks .75,1,1.25 and I still have over 40 pounds to loose. And I used loose an average of 2.5 pounds per week at my heavier weight. Now I am averaging 1 pound, Body slowed down some.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Feb-14-14, 09:38
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks for the encouragement Lovinita! You may have just given me the courage to stay off the scale for a few days. It's hard to see the big picture when the numbers fluctuate daily.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Feb-14-14, 14:05
<---The Crazy One!

Stats: -/-/145 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 25%

Howdy, howdy Menou'smom! Welcome! And avoiding the scale is a good thing. It really can dictate your moods, even when you feel like you've been losing but the numbers say otherwise.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Feb-14-14, 19:33
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks for the welcome and the encouragement Jessica!
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Feb-14-14, 20:11

Stats: 296/220/205 Male 71 inches
BF:25%?
Progress: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menou'smom
I've been following the Atkins plan for about 4 weeks now and not seeing much weight loss (4.4 lbs).

So... if things go the way they have been (they won't) in three and a half months you'll be at your goal. Sounds pretty good to me!
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Feb-14-14, 23:35
Registered Member

BF:

Probably not inflammabl. We shall see.