Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 23:23

Plan: CAD
Stats: 171/146.0/133 Female 5'4" and 1/4
BF:
Progress: 66%
Question CAD quetions (that weren't on cheat sheet)...

I'm re-reading the book, but I haven't found the answers yet...I didn't see them on the cheat sheet thread either.

1. How much water should I be drinking?

2. I know I have an hour for RM...How much time do I have for CM? CS? Can my 15 min coffee w/cream be during my first CM? If so, do I still have to drink it within 15 min?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-07-03, 05:08

Plan: CALP to goal/now my plan
Stats: 188/160/155 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 85%

Hi Sango--As I recall the recommended amount (in the Heller's books) of water per day is 6-8 8oz. glasses.. But--I have read in several other places that this amount (approximately 64 oz) should be a MINIMUM, and the amount that we should really shoot for is half our body weight amounts in ounces. In other words, a person who is 164 pounds, should be drinking at least 82 oz. of water per day.. I, at least, have found that the more water I drink--the better off I am in the weight loss department... I usually try to shoot for 100 oz per day...

About the timing on the cm--It's my understanding that you should just start eating, and not stop until you have had enough. You can have your white coffee with the meal, but coffee shouldn't go over the 15 minutes. I don't know about you, but I never have a problem eating my cm within 15-20 minutes... My problem is usually slowing myself down a bit--so that I don't finish it all in about 5 minutes... One thing I've had to work hard on, is slowing myself down some at mealtimes. I've always had a tendency to eat way too fast.. I believe that the information that I've given is correct--but if someone has better info, I'm sure that they will gladly post for you....