Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > My P.L.A.N. Tool Support Forum
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#301   ^
Old Mon, Aug-30-10, 16:15
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGibson
If you PM what the software is on the back end for the BB we maybe able to find an open source mobile optimization already.

I would be willing to look into it and PM you the results if you want.

Personally I don't think it needs an IPAD/Iphone App, probably just needs an HTML 5 front end for mobile phones, once that is in place then access url could be something like lowcarber.org/mobile.

We're running vBulletin. Newer versions may have mobile front ends. The version we're running has this "archive" front end: http://forum.lowcarber.org/archive/index.php

Wa'il
Sponsored Links
  #302   ^
Old Sun, Nov-21-10, 22:31

Plan: atkins
Stats: 145/145/130 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress:

I would like to see lemon juice in tablespoon measurements.
I think this site is brilliant! thanks to who built it.
  #303   ^
Old Mon, Nov-22-10, 20:51

Plan: atkins
Stats: 145/145/130 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress:

hi,
do you know that the calender is wrong...
and how do I enter Atkin products
thanks so much.
dianejeanne
  #304   ^
Old Mon, Nov-22-10, 22:09
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Which calendar are you referring to?

You can enter Atkins products, and any other food that isn't on the list, as a Custom Food in My P.L.A.N. The food list is from the USDA. You can access the search function on their site here. You can sometimes find listings that don't show up on the My P.L.A.N. list, by going directly to the USDA site. Use the data from there to enter the food as a Custom Food here.

One of the options for lemon juice (on the drop-down menu where you adjust the amount you ate) is for 1 oz. For 1 Tablespoonful, select the 1 oz. amount and enter 0.5 oz. in the box.

Last edited by Kisal : Mon, Nov-22-10 at 22:15.
  #305   ^
Old Thu, Nov-25-10, 18:33
4 phases Use them

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 250/250/180 Male 70 Inches
BF:ack/ack/ack
Progress: 0%

Tamarian,

Is there anyway to import Sugar Alcohols globally into the system.

With the advent of Ideal sweetner and higher use of Sugar Alcohols by people on the forum doing their own baking it would be a help to have these in the database.

John
  #306   ^
Old Sun, Nov-28-10, 00:12
Forum Founder

Quote:
Tamarian,

Is there anyway to import Sugar Alcohols globally into the system.

With the advent of Ideal sweetner and higher use of Sugar Alcohols by people on the forum doing their own baking it would be a help to have these in the database.

We can try to find a good way of doing this. The stock database is USDA, and items won't sugar alcohols untill the USDA adds them to the database. We can add additional entries for specific products that are being used by individual members, but they may not be accurate as some enter their guesstimates.

What we might be able to do is find/solicit volunteers who can collect and verify the data for the most common products that can be useful to our members and make those entries available system-wide.

If anyone feels like taking this on, just start a new thread to collect data and input from users and compile a spreadsheet, then we'll just add the data.

Wa'il
  #307   ^
Old Sun, Nov-28-10, 08:41
4 phases Use them

Thanks Tam,

I think I have the person who can get us the info.

What basic info do you need?
  #308   ^
Old Mon, Nov-29-10, 21:19
Forum Founder

Quote:
What basic info do you need?

Here's a sample of a USDA entry that has sugar alcohol data: http://forum.lowcarber.org/myplan.p...s&item_id=14311

The data is provided for a sample worth 100 grams. Not all that data will be available on the label, but a minimum requirement is calories, protein, carbs and fat.

Additional data that can be useful, but not required, is servings factors. The structure of the database is described at the USDA website here: http://www.ars.usda.gov/Services/docs.htm?docid=8964

Wa'il
  #309   ^
Old Tue, Nov-30-10, 08:23
4 phases Use them

Tam,

Thanks, what I will get you is an excel sheet with the info on them. There is a person who is online here who has been cooking with these and another person online that I know.

I think the additions of these globally would be nice for those of us who use them.

Have an awesome day.

John
  #310   ^
Old Sat, Jan-29-11, 21:03
Registered Member

Plan: 50-100 carbs/day
Stats: 255/222/165 Female 6 ft
BF:
Progress: 37%

I'm loving My PLAN. Thank you so much.

Currently, I'm making my menu plan for the day as 'breakfast' items (the default category) and moving them to 'dinner' as I consume them. As the day goes on, I can see how many actual grams of p/f/c I've consumed and with a bit of simple math, how many I have left.

My suggestion is to have a place to enter these specific goals for p/f/c, and a line under totals that show how many grams over and under the goal we're at.

And less important -- another suggestion is to have the categories "plan' and "actual" added to the categories list there now (breakfast, snack 1, etc.) If these are added, I'd want to be able to choose the default category for all items added.
  #311   ^
Old Sat, Feb-05-11, 16:16
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

To be able to clean out your favorite food list without having to go into past records and delete them there first.

There are a ton of foods and recipes I no longer eat, but I'm not going to go thru 5 years of daily entries and delete them first
  #312   ^
Old Sat, Feb-05-11, 18:34
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnmLisa
To be able to clean out your favorite food list without having to go into past records and delete them there first.

There are a ton of foods and recipes I no longer eat, but I'm not going to go thru 5 years of daily entries and delete them first
I also would like to see this capability added to My P.L.A.N. As it stands now, I can't possibly delete anything from my Favorite Foods list, because I'd have to search through years and years of daily records. What I've been doing is just editing my no-longer-used Recipes and Custom Foods to create new ones. Of course, that probably changes all my past Daily Entries, as well, which is unfortunate.
  #313   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-11, 13:12
Forum Founder

Deleting favourites should be easy, just go to the Food Lists menu. Or do you guys mean the "Most recent" list in the daily entry page?

Wa'il
  #314   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-11, 13:44
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

Quote:

Item has already been used in the food log. Please remove it from your daily intake log first, in order to delete it.

This is the message I get when trying to delete custom foods....

also, in the custom food recipe, it only gives foods A-(about) F. How do I get to F-Z??
I think I asked this question before and was told that unfortuanately, you only get the first page of y our favorites/customs.

#315   ^
Old Thu, Mar-03-11, 13:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 353.5/307.4/150 Female 5'4.5"
BF:Yep. Lots.
Progress: 23%

Hi, I have to admit that I haven't read all the pages of this thread, though I've skimmed them all, so this may be a redundant question, but could you guys add just regular mayonnaise to the My P.L.A.N.? I couldn't find it anywhere, though I found a bunch with reduced calorie ones, etc. Regular old Hellman's Real Mayonnaise has 0 carbs, and I use it, but it's not available on the list. If I'm missing it or looking in the wrong place, please let me know! Thanks! What a wonderful resource it is overall though!

*Updated: Figured out the custom foods instruction and added it. Oops.

Last edited by ~Dolphin~ : Thu, Mar-03-11 at 14:17. Reason: found solution...