Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-02-05, 12:32
Registered Member

Plan: Warrior LC
Stats: 222/201/191 Male 180 cm
BF:30%/12%/12%
Progress: 68%
Post Anyone with a protruding belly, my results this year:

Since last januari I had liked to have some succes I set a new goal, a sixpack by jan 05. Now that didn't go easy anyway but I am well on my way, the rest of my body at least goes great, only that stupid belly fat seems to go when all the rest has gone before it...

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...305#post2895305
Lesson for me: Keeping to your system, withstand frustration over long periods of time, is the most important thing to do.

I would like hear about other belly-fighters!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 18:07

Plan: Low carb/low fat
Stats: 234/209/150 Female 5ft.4in.
BF:43%
Progress: 30%

Hi! I too am a belly fighter. Since I've had my surgery, everything I eat goes straight to the gut! I look like a cannon ball and my belly is bigger than my toosh!

I've been told by people who work out the hardest area is usually the last to go, so hang in there!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 20:22

Plan: Atkins/lowering cals
Stats: 187/143.6/135 Female 64
BF:35.2/ 20%/20%
Progress: 83%

My biggest problem is my belly area. It is incredibly frustrating, and I hate it. I'm lifting 2 days/week, cardio 2 days/week and water aerobics 1 day. It is shrinking, but I still have people ask me when my baby is due. URGGGGH!! Good luck.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-07-05, 04:01
Registered Member

Quote:
I've been told by people who work out the hardest area is usually the last to go, so hang in there!

I trust on that to happen

Quote:
It is incredibly frustrating, and I hate it

I think we shrink in proportion, so the belly keeps relatively prominent...There are always people not looking at what has been reached but at what is still a problem.

Good luck!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jan-09-05, 17:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275/187/165 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 80%

I am contemplating getting one of those AbLounge thingies. They are only about $100 on the internet. I really need to strengthen my abs if only to support my back (although having a 6-pack at age 55+ would be too cool!).
Whaddaya think? Should I spend the money? I can't really seem to do effective crunches. And the floor is so far away.

Karen in Tahoe
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-13-05, 06:40
Registered Member

Plan: Vegetarian
Stats: 215/215/170 Male 6'1
BF:
Progress:

[B] Belly fat is not hard to lose ITS THE DIET STYLE. You hear people say you must eat 6 times a day to lose body fat that is 6 small meals ect. THATS A LIE . Even the ones that say it dont eat 6 meals per day! ITS SELLS HYPE , follow this routine to lose body fat there is no such thing as spot reducing ! > > > The week days are set as 6 days a week. for the 1st week- Mon. Wed. Fri. you just drink water "all day long" but eat for breakfast- as I observed the fitness woman.... they eat- breakfast 2 fruits and water. Lunch - usaully yogart and a fruit /or a chicken salad sold at Wendys ect. or Taco Bell or Macdonalds . Dinner they would eat a salad again ! or just one potatoe or one lean steak and green beans- ect. Drinking on spring water bottle between the meals .............and with the meals............ every day. Then one day a week......... they eat nothing only drinking water all day. But that is one day only in the week........... THE FASTING day. The following week they substitute fruit for breakfast with a rice cake- or a half cup cottage cheese . SEE THE MEALS ARE ALWAYS SUPER LIGHT and DRINKING WATER ALL DAY TO BLOCK THE HUNGER SIGNAL ect.................. If they go lets say to a restaurant like a chinese reataurant, with a man or girl friend, they usually order some noodle type dish or a salad........... Eating Half the meal (Not all) and taking the other half home ect, for tommorows dinner ect. NO BREAD/ NO BUTTER / NO CAKES/ NO DONUTS /NO JUNK FOOD / NO PIZZA. except they may have one slice of pizza every 30 days ect. and they take a ONE A DAY MULTIVITAMIN like MON WED and FRI> because if you take every day then you will have too much of certain vitamins in the blood stream. Combine that with Aerobic style exercise and weight training routines the fastest results, they will wait untell they heal up from pregnancy (after asking the Doc. when is a good time to start after they heal ) then immediately start the above for life not just for a few months ect .

Last edited by Jeromecu : Thu, Jan-13-05 at 06:49.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jan-13-05, 06:56
Registered Member

Plan: Vegetarian
Stats: 215/215/170 Male 6'1
BF:
Progress:

The weight training you do is good the days ect. the only thing is up the cardio aerobics to 3 days a week mininumin but keep the weight trainning days the same. Watch the diet or what you place in the stomach every day.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jan-13-05, 14:40
weighing in....

Plan: BFL
Stats: 245/225/200 Female 5' 10"
BF:Why, yes, yes I do
Progress: 44%

Jeromecu...

I beg to differ on your comment about six small meals a day. I eat six small meals a day every day and workout a minimum of six times a week. If you haven't read about BFL give it a quick look-see... It is a healthy eating routine that does not starve the body of the food that it needs.

I do agree with you 100% that you cannot spot reduce. Your body will choose where to lose weight. We cannot control weight loss in any given area by exercising it more. You can tone the muscles underneath the fat.

There is a quote.. I beleive it's something like "Six pack abs are made in the kitchen." The key to reducing the tummy is to losing weight and exercising.

That's my $.02
Kiks
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jan-16-05, 01:02
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaromom
My biggest problem is my belly area. It is incredibly frustrating, and I hate it. I'm lifting 2 days/week, cardio 2 days/week and water aerobics 1 day. It is shrinking, but I still have people ask me when my baby is due. URGGGGH!! Good luck.

Well mom,

I can say if have been there a long, long time. Incredibly frustrating, yes, arghh.

BUT, now for the first time I am really sure the system works, like many people have said (it goes slow, the belly goes last). I am still burning my fat and finally my belly starts to shrink. Even with non-flexed muscles you start seeing definition around the 'pot'. My legs are a long time 'mens health type', my arms are getting on nicely and finally my shoulders and chest start to get lean.... pffff.

Problem is now getting psychological, according to my wife I start showing off a bit...