Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-03, 22:40

Plan: CAD/sureslim
Stats: 275/?/190
BF:
Progress: 9%
Question What's your average weekly weight loss?

Hi everyone,

I've only just begun LCing and was wondering how you were all going.

What has been your average weight loss each week and how many carbs were you on?

Do you find you lose more when you exercise?

Questions questions questions

Thanks
Yogi
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-03, 23:17

Plan: atkins (kinda)
Stats: 196.6/188.1/150 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 18%

yogi i've just started this diet myself, day 6 and 9lbs lighter

though i have no idea how many carbs i'm eating a day, but it should be under 20 i'm hoping.

also started doing a bit of excercising, i'm not wanting to overdo it too much though because i'd like to get a bit more ambitious with the excercises when the weight loss starts to slow down or stall...kinda saving it for a kick-starter, though have no idea if it's recommended to do it that way or if it works...lol!

so good luck
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-03, 23:25

BF:

Hi Logan,

WOW

That's really great!!!

I can't believe that you are doing sooo well without counting carbs. I thought I was doing it right but was not counting cheese, olives and sundried toms and I wasn't losing. Now that I have been super careful with every little bit I'm getting somewhere. Lucky you...you'll be at goal before long.

Keep it up.
Yogi
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-11-03, 05:33
Registered Member

Plan: LowCarb
Stats: 154/150/128 Female 176cm (5'9")
BF:
Progress: 15%

Welcome!

Almost 3 months - 8 lbs

Not the best average I know.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jan-11-03, 05:52

BF:

Hi Cream,
You are getting close to goal so I guess weight loss is a lot slower when you have less to lose.
At least you are losing....good on you
Yogi
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 04:35
Registered Member

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 161/131/125
BF:30%/25%/22%
Progress: 83%

I tend to lose about .5 to 1 kilo a week. I exercise 4-6 times a week, and it helps a lot, not only for weight loss, but also makes you feel great about your health and strength.

Now I'm down to losing the last few kilos it's much harder. I'm lucky if I lose .5 kilo a week. I don't count carbs anymore, but I think I'm somewhere around 20-30 carbs a day.

Alison
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 04:57

BF:

Thanks Alison,
I think exercise it so good for us. It's only now after a week of induction that I feel like exercising. With this hot weather I don't feel like walking much but will have to get up early and walk in the cool of the morning again. I love the peaceful quietness then.
Good on you, you have done really well. It has obviously become a WOL if you don't count carbs and still lose.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 17:03

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 225/196/160
BF:
Progress: 45%

Hi Yogi!!

I'm a newbie as well, I started Ultralite last Tuesday so I've done 6 full days. So far I've lost 4kg, and about an inch in my hips, waist & thigh. Ultralite advertise that you lose 3 - 5kg in the first week and 1 - 3kg per week after that. I dont know how accurate that is though!!

I'm eating <20g carbos a day and protein is also limited to 240g. I walk half an hour a day and am trying to do 1/2 an hour of tae bo 3 times a week. I think excercise is pretty important......

Cheers - jaddles

Last edited by jaddles : Sun, Jan-12-03 at 17:05.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 19:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/167/167 Female 167cm
BF:45%/25.5%/20%
Progress: 100%

Hi Everyone,

I've lost 67lbs in 16 months. It's not quite as straight forward as that. I lost 11lbs on induction, and then at a rate of about 6lbs per month for the first 4 months, then dropped back to 3 or 4lbs per month.

Unfortunately I have been stalled for the last 3 months....but I'll get there in the end.....I just know it

So excluding the stall I averaged about 1.2lbs per week.

Good luck to you all
Lesley

Last edited by lesleyc : Sun, Jan-12-03 at 19:13.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 00:21

BF:

hi lesley

glad you posted this info about your weightloss, makes me glad i upped my goal because my first one was a bit unrealistic and setting myself up for disappointment. also took a quick peek at your jounal and pictures....now can't wait till i even hit around 168 because you and i are about the same height and you looked fabulous in those pics

so i've learned today, that although some seem to take it off fast, for many of us slow and steady has to be the way - suits me!

Logan ~
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 00:33

BF:

hi lesley

glad you posted this info about your weightloss, makes me glad i upped my goal because my first one was a bit unrealistic and setting myself up for disappointment. also took a quick peek at your jounal and pictures....now can't wait till i even hit around 168 because you and i are about the same height and you looked fabulous in those pics

so i've learned today, that although some seem to take it off fast, for many of us slow and steady has to be the way - suits me!

Logan ~
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 13:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/167/167 Female 167cm
BF:45%/25.5%/20%

Thanks Logan, and you are welcome in my journal any time you like

You're dead right slow and steady is best in the long run. OVer the last 16 months I have built a normal metabolism which is now capable of dealing with resonably indulgent eating. Over Xmas I ate really well, and a lot, but there was absolutely zip effect on the scale. I've repaired the damage of all those years of low fat yoyo diets

I still geta shock when I see photos of myself...is it really me

Good luck...and remember slow and steady

Lesley
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-03, 19:39

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/165/165 Female 170
BF:

I have been doing Atkins for 6 weeks, lost 4kgs in the first week and have lost 8.8kgs in total. Am finding it pretty easy as my husband and son are doing it too. Also, my daughter, who is not overweight, has lost a bit of puppy fat - we have changed our cooking/eating and she just comes along for the ride.

We have bolognaise - ie no pasta and she doesn't mind at all.

We are off to a friend's for dinner tonight - curry, hold the rice.

I never feel hungry which makes it pretty easy to continue, probably drink too much alcohol though!! oops
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-03, 21:11

BF:
Default hi rose

lol about the alcohol....i think there's something about aussies, kiwis and their booze
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Jan-15-03, 04:56

BF:

Thanks again for your replies everyone

Lesley I am so encouraged after reading what you have said about repairing the damage. I have been taking Glycemic Balance which are herbal capsules put out by Sandra Cabot for Syndrome X. (you can buy them at Health Food stores) They are supposed to heal the insulin receptors on the cells if you take them for 3 months.
That has been part of my problem. I think I'm fairly insulin resistant. Dr Atkins does say though that over time if you eat a lot of carbs again you will end up with the same problem again...so it's really a WOL.

You have all done soooo well