Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-08, 17:35

Plan: Primal Blueprint
Stats: 405/350/220 Male 6'0
BF:
Progress: 30%

Coming up on two years of imperfect OA abstinence and just picked up 3 year AA chip in October. With advent of the new year, OA groups will see an infusion of those with resolutions (much as I did years ago) to lose weight. For those who have "tried everything" and are ready to go to any length to recover from food addiction, OA offers help. But the price is steep - it entails self-searching and leveling of pride, combined with spiritual work and willingness to "do the deal".

I co-counded an OA meeting near my home that uses the big book (Alcoholics Anonymous) as a study text. It has really saved my life as I use modified Atkins as my food plan. I cannot be rigorous about greysheet or any other plan - the very reason I am in in OA is because I cannot control my eating - period. If could control my eating, I wouldn't need to be in OA. I cannot choose to eat less, any more than I could choose to change my eye color. I have a diagnosable illness as a compulsive overeater, which is treatable according to the 12 steps.

For me it comes down to signing over the blank sheet called life to my higher power (God) for His direction on a daily basis. I never got abstinent until I stopped trying to control my food and diet. I am a true compulsive overeater - the only solution that works for me is a spiritual one - based in the 12 steps and a loving God of my understanding that keeps me sober and abstinent each day.

All newcomers are welcome in OA - looking forward to seeing you there! It really works - I never have to take another compulsive bite again.

Love-ELPP
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-08, 20:08

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

I started OA greysheet this week...so far so good... Difficult not snacking, but one day at a time!

TJ
  #48   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-09, 20:11
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 285/88/94 Female 5'7
BF:lg/md/sm
Progress: 103%

one of the first place i went to here for O.A was a bad experience
as i am clearly not 285lbs anymore and and the lower end of the spectrum, there was not much openness towards me . as being one to understand the trials and tribulations of being overweight.
yet i was once 285lbs.
but i am glad i found another place for O.A because they do welcome all sizes, stories, experiences, etc. its a more home'y feeling.