Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-15, 01:54

Plan: My own
Stats: 186/155/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 86%
Default Planning a visit to Oz

I will be travelling, from Oregon USA, to NSW and Victoria for a month, from the middle of February to the middle of March. I have friends in Sydney, and another who lives east of Melbourne, and know that they will take good care of me, but I would really appreciate any advice/ideas on "Must Sees". I plan to rent a car to drive down the coast from Sydney, and plan to spend about 2 weeks just wandering around. Driving on the "correct" side of the road, will (I hope) not be problematic, as I have done it before, without problem, in Ireland - though that was quite awhile ago - and Ireland has, I believe, less traffic. We'll see how it goes. Any ideas on things to see/places to stop would be much appreciated. Many thanks.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-15, 03:05
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

What a pity you're staying in "Mexico" and not coming up to the friendly part of Oz.

Having said that, we really are a pretty friendly mob no matter in which bit of Oz we live. I wish I had some practical help to offer, but I've never actually driven south of Sydney. So I'll just get in early and welcome you to Australia.

Oh, and watch out for our Aussie slang
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-15, 05:39

Plan: Low carb.
Stats: 190/183/146 Female 63.5
BF:
Progress: 16%

I have visited some of my family in Oz three times. Mostly in Victoria but once a few days in Adelaide and once a few days in Canberra. The only thing I can object to is mozzie bites.. I'm sure you will enjoy every minute.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-15, 14:00

BF:

Rosebud - My Sydney friends have a long list of things to do and places to go, and I know Queensland is prominently marked. They have already told me that it is very unaccommodating of me to be only coming down there for a month! LOL As a month is the best I can manage at the moment it would seem that most of their list will have to wait for another time.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-15-15, 22:08

BF:

Just got back from my month in Oz. It was lovely ... and warm. I had a great time, and no, a month was not sufficient. Sydney, a couple of days in Canberra, 1 full day in Melbourne, lots of stops in between, as well as several days in the Blue Mountains. Driving on the left turned out to be no problem after the first day or two - even in rush hour Melbourne traffic. Took the curvy "Great Ocean Road" in Victoria, and found it to be a fun drive (and beautiful, of course), which I might not have thought if it were the first day out instead of the 5th :-) ---- But then, I grew up on the twisty coast road of Central California. I was rather sorry to give the little car up. There are so many places in this world I still want to visit, but another time in Australia is now on the list. Who knows if it will happen, at my age, but it is a goal to keep in mind.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Mar-15-15, 22:50
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

I'm really glad you enjoyed it here, matey.