Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-10, 15:11

Plan: atkins
Stats: 150/150/120 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 0%

I need to be at my goal by june so I can get married. My man says I am fine now but I will feel better 25 lbs lighter
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-10, 09:32
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins 2010
Stats: 263.0/255.2/150 Female 5'7"
BF:BMI:41.3/40.1/23.5
Progress: 7%

Last April I was able to go to Israel on a study tour. It was a blast, and a complete blessing. The trip changed my life. But looking back on pictures was when I saw just how incredibly overweight I am and set about trying to do something about it...finally.

So...my "treat" to myself when I lose this weight, and there's a lot to lose, is I'm going to go back to Israel on another study tour. I would LOVE to not have that weight holding me down!!
  #63   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-10, 12:01

Plan: 75%Fat. 20%Prot. 5%Carbs
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 178 cm
BF:
Progress: 3%
Cool My plans for when I’ll be BEAUTIFUL and HAPPY are:

Buy a whole new wardrobe. I’m already saving many because last time when I lost weight I had money to buy just a few things I really needed (like jeans, because the old ones were going down), but I didn’t have money for other things like: sexy T-shirts, skirts, dresses etc. and I was so sad and disappointed about that. Most of all I want so badly to have (and be able to wear, of course ) lots and lots of tiny beautiful floral dresses for summer. Oh, I love them when I see in the store or on other girls.

Go to the beach! I haven’t been there since I was 3-4 years. So pathetic, I know! Oh, I remember, since then I was just one more time, in Italy, for 10 minutes to see the sea in JEANS!

Go and see the world! I don’t have money for trips, but even if I would have them in this moment, I wouldn’t go because I’m fat and I want beautiful photos and memories from the places I’m gonna visit!

Do something dangerous! Go to those classes who teach you to jump from the airplane with a parachute. I can’t jump from an airplane with my 220 pounds weight. Not because I would die, but because the other people would make fun of me. Ride a race car! Ride a motorcycle!

Get a little tattoo! I’m not 100% sure about that, but it tempts me. And I know exactly what picture I would like to have!

Celebrate my birthday (of course, not with food)! I had a birthday party just 3 times in my childhood and the other kids were making fun of me, so it wasn't fun for me.

Make lots and lots of photos! My last photo is from last year – and is horrible!

Learn to dance! No, I never danced. Just once in my bedroom and I was ashamed of myself!

Move in another town (I know which) and take a dog. Especially a Great Dane one.

And most of all, I plan to LIVE! I want to live my life, no matter what other people say. I want to be happy! I want to enjoy every single moment of my life! And I can’t do that while I’m fat.
  #64   ^
Old Sat, Mar-27-10, 06:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/170/133 Female 169cm
BF:39.8%/31.8%/24%
Progress: 34%

I'm going to:
maintain my loss

buy some new clothes

show my diabetic father the results and get him to adopt low-carb

and finally go back to antigua with my hubby (we got married there), renew our vows (in a smaller dress size) and not be embarassed to wear a bikini! Hurrah!

Lou
  #65   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-10, 13:47

Plan: HFLC/IF
Stats: 218/176/140 Female 5'4"
BF:27%
Progress: 54%

I want to get a cute, short, designer-looking haircut. I have this image in my mind that long hair, or between ears and shoulders is better for heavy women. I want to be thin and styled. I hope to reach that goal by Aug. 25, which will be my fiftieth birthday.
  #66   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-10, 18:24

Plan: Paleo/Primal
Stats: 226/181.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:Why yes it is!
Progress: 59%

I am going to buy matching undies and bra, and get a face lift! Maybe I'll wear my new underclothes WHILE I get the face lift! Woohoo!
  #67   ^
Old Thu, Apr-08-10, 12:18

Stats: 220/179/115 Female 60 inch
BF:
Progress: 39%

i'm going to get a whole new wardrobe and loadsa dresses!
i'd love to be able to get a boob job but don't think i'd ever have that kind of cash.
i'd also like to get tattooed up to take emphasis off my stretchies
also stick to plan and learn to enjoy life
  #68   ^
Old Thu, Apr-08-10, 15:45

Plan: primal blueprint
Stats: 226/000/000 Female 5' 3"
BF:36
Progress: 100%

give some clothes away

remember to stay put when ppl are taking photos

stay focused on results and maintenance
  #69   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-10, 20:11
Registered Member

Plan: induction
Stats: 248/218.5/105 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 21%

- get skin removal surgery
- get a breast lift
- get tattoos
  #70   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-10, 05:00

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 320/165/149 Female 78
BF:
Progress: 91%

Ride a horse, ride a bicycle, fly in an airplane. Go to a restaraunt where the booth was too small to sit in before my weight loss.
  #71   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-10, 08:56

Plan: HFLC/IF
Stats: 218/176/140 Female 5'4"
BF:27%
Progress: 54%

I posted that I was going to get a great haircut since I think of short hair being for thin women. Well, my hair was so dried out and damaged, I decided not to wait. I'm so glad I did. Everyone says it's actually slimming. I am already planning to have my teeth whitened because I am tired of feeling like I look old. Also, I'm going to tell the kids that I want certificates for pedicures.
So, I guess I need to really think about what I will do when I reach goal. Clothes will be a necessity. I have a few old things that are eights, but if I am in a six, I will need new things. Maybe I'll take a shot at getting something done about the veins in my legs. Whatever it is, it will be about not looking fifty.
  #72   ^
Old Sat, May-22-10, 10:53

Stats: 268/222.5/140 Female 5'7
BF:35.06
Progress: 36%

Love this thread!

1) Buy new clothes!!
2) Buy sexy lingerie and actually wear it!
3) Hoping for breast reduction surgery if insurance will cover it. I have always had huge breasts and I doubt the weight loss will make a diff because I had huge breasts at 13 years old. History of back issues, but drs cant see because I'm fat all over. Hoping to get skinny and let them see how disproportionate they are and maybe I'll get that surgery finally.
4) Maybe a tattoo, hubby and I have talked about for years, he thinks would be sexy, but I think why bother If I'm not gonna let him see it? (I would only get it if I could hide it with clothes, and he never sees me nekid.. ewww)
5) Show off belly ring! Had one for years, hubby has no idea what my belly ring looks like lol.
6) Actually my "reward"

I've got my wedding dress in my closet, (I was aprox 170 at wedding) Going to have it altered into a more formal less wedding type dress, then wear it!!!

Our 10th anniversary is May 2011 (of course that will 19 years together but he dragged feet on way to alter lol ) We are planning a 2 week anniversary cruise / vacation and I want to wear wedding dress for formal nite and enjoy showing off new body on deck! To have energy to actually go to the nightclubs on board, and actually have the guts to wear something sexy and seduce my DH.

Hows that? LOL
  #73   ^
Old Sun, May-23-10, 02:22

Plan: God's Will Be Done
Stats: 306/189/162 Female 5'7
BF:Morris Chestnut
Progress: 81%

The last time I wore a pair of real shorts was Jan/Feb 1997 while on vacation in Trinidad & Tobago for carnival. I want to wear some cute shorts, nice fitted top, and some cute sexy wedge type casual heel.and I'm going to have my hair all cute and curly and my make up is gonna be tight, but my body will so tight anyway, doesn't matter if I wear makeup.

Yeah...so that's the dream.
  #74   ^
Old Sun, May-23-10, 04:15

Stats: 220/179/115 Female 60 inch
BF:
Progress: 39%

wohoo another person from manc land!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loumg82
I'm going to:
maintain my loss

buy some new clothes

show my diabetic father the results and get him to adopt low-carb

and finally go back to antigua with my hubby (we got married there), renew our vows (in a smaller dress size) and not be embarassed to wear a bikini! Hurrah!

Lou