Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-04-11, 11:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/172/150 Female 5ft 10inches
BF:
Progress: 27%
Default ohhh man...

all was going well on my diet..
till i today. ._. i was out with friends & found my ultimate weakness..poptarts, which i adore but are quite hard to find in the UK. i ate 4 of them, s'mores kind, then realized id completely blown it anyways so i ate a kitkat bar and a monster as well. 200g carbs total.

it was a fun day. the poptarts were good. i feel like im dying, and i'm going back to the diet.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-04-11, 11:37

Stats: 180/172/150 Female 5ft 10inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

& then i ate the yule logs. and the grapes. and the scones.

#$%^. -_-
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Nov-04-11, 12:46

Plan: Paleo/Primal
Stats: 226/181.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:Why yes it is!
Progress: 59%

OMG! I'm kind of laughing at your post (NOT at you sweetie, not at you!) just because I too LOVE poptarts! And I've done the same thing as you...eat the poptarts, and then, what the hell, eat everything else in sight. I've read posts from folks who start out that way (a box of poptarts seems so INNOCENT somehow...ever seen nyann cat? So cute!) but then they spend a year face down in the carb trough.

I read a good analogy...if you get a flat tire (eat the poptarts) do you then get out of your car and slash the other three tires? No! You fix the flat tire. OK, you binged, and you really binged, but now you HAVE TO STOP. Have a few amazingly low carb days, treat yourself to your VERY FAVOURITE low carb foods, and be a good girl. This is nothing you can't recover from in a week.

Nyann cat rocks! (If you have NO IDEA what I'm talking about, just google nyann cat. But make sure you're eating bacon or something at the time, because watching that thing makes me want to eat pop tarts.)
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Nov-05-11, 11:51

Plan: General LC
Stats: 198/184.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 28%

I'm laughing along with you all because that's what I did two weeks ago (and why I am being PERFECT NOW) I fell into a binge: 3 fresh pastries with the latte, then pizza, then icecream ( the WHOLE BOX) AND lemon wafer cookies, then a mars bar, a snickers and an almond joy. When I binge, I BINGE!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Dec-13-11, 09:56

Stats: 392/289/200 Male 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by livvie:)
all was going well on my diet..
till i today. ._. i was out with friends & found my ultimate weakness..poptarts, which i adore but are quite hard to find in the UK. i ate 4 of them, s'mores kind, then realized id completely blown it anyways so i ate a kitkat bar and a monster as well. 200g carbs total.

it was a fun day. the poptarts were good. i feel like im dying, and i'm going back to the diet.

That's where I tend to get in trouble. I eat something I shouldn't and I turn it into a full blown carb orgy because I "messed up the day anyway."

The mind does some strange things when you give it a few carbs.