Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-10-04, 11:24

Plan: I have no clue
Stats: 300/300/180 Male 6'0
BF:
Progress:
Default Not Feeling it..

Hello All,

Well i tryed the LC diet and i lost about 5 pounds in the first week! I have a great body when it comes to lossing weight. But i feel as though im too big for myself. It got to hard for me, so i quit but really want to start up again. My girlfriend says im not fat, but trust me i know i am. Anyway, about this post is im looking for someone that i can talk to on AIM or via E-mail. Someone that is around my weight and just starting out or someone who could keep up with me and become weight loss friends! I feel i can really make this diet work if i have a friend along with it. Okay, here's the bad numbers -

Weight - 300
Height - 6'0
Weight Loss goal - 180

Bleh, those numbers make me sick to even type them. Well anyway, if anyone out there wants to help that would be so awesome. Thanks everyone.

E-mail - xnothingxleftx~yahoo.com
AIM -red xx stars
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-10-04, 11:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 303/270/220 Male 6'2"
BF:yummy
Progress: 40%

Hey,
Dont worry I was about 300 and 6'2, now im down to like 260!!! and 3 pant sizes, and a shirt size!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-12-04, 10:49
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 265.5/235/145 Female 68 inches
BF:Don't/Really/Know
Progress: 25%
Thumbs up

I know how you feel, I still feel like I am fat. So much that sometimes it scares me, but when I try on something that is a large or medium and I can wear it, those thoughts leave your mind for a few minutes. I started out this diet with my mom and I was doing great then my mom and friend stopping helping so I veered off, but once I found someone I could talk to on this site it helps. Plus, you don't feel out of place when you talk to someone who you know is doing the same thing as you ( my mom is a size 10 and my best friend is a size 9/10 and I was a size 24 ( not the best people to lose weight with)). Good Luck!!! Hang in there. It is going to sseem so slow when you start, but once you start, you'll be surprised at what you have done.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-13-04, 16:10

Plan: My own
Stats: 152/150/135 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 12%

even though i can not relate . i just wanted to let u know that i have confedance that you will meet your goal of 180 pounds . it might not come off as quickly as you might like but it will come off in time ...just hang in there and drink lots and lots of water and excersise . i have to say having a buddy to do talk to is great . doing it alone yuo get discouraged too much . you might want to put a post in the Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges section and someone might respond to you wanting a buddy . good luck
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-04, 16:56

Plan: i dont know
Stats: 170/170/105 Female 64 in.
BF:
Progress: 0%

hi all
i can totally relate to you. i'm getting sick and tired of being made fun of and having my dr. tell me that i'm "over weight" it's so annoying but no matter how hard i try i just can't seem to be able to stay with any of the diets i try to go on.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Aug-29-04, 21:28
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

You'll make your goal weight as long as you stick with the program. It's not impossible to do. Good luck!