Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-11-10, 17:38
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%
Default Cranberry Cookies

These came out REAL tasty so I thought I'd share. These would be a nice addition to the dessert tray at Thanksgiving or Christmas. The pic for these cookies can be seen here: http://buttoni.wordpress.com/2010/1...nberry-cookies/

CRANBERRY COOKIES

INGREDIENTS:

1 recipe my sugar cookies: http://buttoni.wordpress.com/2010/10/05/sugar-cookies/
1 c. chopped fresh cranberries
6-12 drops liquid sucralose or stevia (needed for tart berries)
¼ c. unsweetened coconut

DIRECTIONS: Make sugar cookies as instructed in that recipe, adding the additional liquid stevia to the creamed butter and Splenda. When all ingredients are blended well, add in chopped cranberries and coconut. Stir again to blend well. Place balls of dough onto parchment lined cookie sheet. Press down with fingers or the back of a fork. These spread little during cooking, so if careful, you can get all 18 on one pan. Bake at 350º for 15-18 minutes until just browned on the edges. Cool on the pan before removing. Do not cover until TOTALLY cooled off.

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes 18 cookies, each contains:

97.36 calories
9.23 g fat
4.23 g carbs
2.29 g fiber
1.94 g NET CARBS
1.82 g protein
8 mg sodium
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-06-12, 17:13
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%
Default Cranberry Refrigerator Cookies

I took my basic refrigerator cookie dough I came up with recently (creating my Pistachio Rosewater Cookies) and changed them up to create a cranberry cookie that baked up very nice! I like these even better and they are a bit lower in carbs, too! A little orange zest grated into this batter would be a nice variation. A little dessicated coconut (maybe 1/4 c.) would transform them yet again. Those additions would require you add any such additions to the nutritional info provided below. It’s nice to be able to freeze this dough and just slice off the number of cookies you want to bake. Lowers the chance for constant temptation. I bake a little pan of 6 refrigerator cookies at a time. This recipe is not suitable until the grains rung of the OWL phase of Atkins. I buy all the unusual ingredients indicated in this recipe on-line at Netrition.com, for those who don't know where to begin to find these ingredients.

INGREDIENTS:

2 sticks butter, unsalted, softened
1 large egg, beaten
¼ tsp. salt
2/3 c. fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
1 tsp. vanilla extract
½ c. granular Splenda (or liquid equivalent for lower carb count)
¼ c. erythritol
1 c. KevinPa’s Bake Mix (see below)
½ almond flour
½ c. Jennifer Eloff’s Splendid LowCarb Bake Mix: http://low-carb-news.blogspot.com/2...stomize-to.html
2 T. Carbquick Bake Mix
1 T. oat fiber

Kevin’s Bake Mix (slightly modified):

½ c. Carbalose flour
¼ c. wheat protein isolate 5000 (or use vital wheat gluten)
1 T. wheat protein isolate 8000 (or use 1 tsp. baking powder)
1½ T. almond flour
1½ T. resistant WHEAT starch 75 (lowers carbs, enhances crispness)
1¼ tsp. Splenda
½ tsp. xanthan gum (Kevin used Not/Sugar)

DIRECTIONS: In a medium bowl, soften the butter and beat the egg into it well. Add the salt, sweeteners and vanilla. Measure and mix in each of the bake mixes. Add chopped cranberries and gently fold in to get berries evenly distributed int he batter. Shape into a log about 12″ long and 1½” in diameter on waxed paper. Roll the log up snugly, closing ends of waxed paper and chill in refrigerator for about 1-2 hours, or until firm enough to slice. Preheat oven to 350º. Slice off in ¼” slices and place on silicone or parchment lined baking sheet (these don’t spread much during cooking. Bake for 10-12 minutes (don’t let get too brown) and remove to cool. Roll any unused dough in waxed paper and store in refrigerator or freeze if you prefer. If freezing, slightly defrost dough a half hour before attempting to slice or the cookie will likely “break” under the knife pressure.

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes about 48 (cut ¼” thick) cookies, each contains:

58 calories
5.13 g fat
1.94 g carbs, 1.05 g fiber, .89 g NET CARBS
1.62 g protein
17 mg sodium