Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-20-05, 03:48

Plan: Home tailored
Stats: 153/149/137 Female 5ft6in
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default TOM and Induction...am I just being stupid?

Hola fello LCarbing students,
I'm 20 and a student at uni in the UK and started Atkins Induction yesterday, I only found the student site today even though I've been surfing this for two days non stop (suposed to be goddamn revising) cos theres just so much stuff on here. (only just woke up so forgive the lack of creativity and humour).
I know roughly what I'm doing eating wise (did it two years ago and have read abd re-read the book countless times) and after my last exam on Monday I start training again,so that's all ok, i f feel calm about that but, I stupidly forgot that the day I planned to start Induction was infact the day my period was due!!!! Have I completly sabotaged my maximum weight loss on Induction? I haven't had ne of my usual PMT issues this month as I've been taking Agnus castus extract, but the weight thing I wouldn't know.
Due to all the changes of water and stuff in my body during this 1st week of Induction, shall I do induction for an extra week, like 3weeks, or will it all drop off suddenly in week two? I am drinking as much water as I can take at the mo. I think I drank 10/11 pints yesterday and that was with no more fluids after 10pm, so today I'm thinking I'll get to 12pints, will this help combat the water weight?
I've left my scales at home this term so that I don't reward myself when I lose weight with food! I will weigh myself but only when I go home, 3 1/2 weeks time. I better see sum pound shiftage otherwise it's back to the drawing board for ideas on how to lose this extra 20lbs in time for August.
Also it's only day 2 and already I'm not hungry, I've been up a good 1/2 hour and not even a thought about what I'm gonna have, funny cos usually I wake and get b/fast whilst I'm still dozy cos I'm always hungry, surely it's too early for ketosis to have started kicking in yet?
Ne way, am going to make someting and see if I can muster a few bites, Im really not hungry, esp. as all this water is filling me up.
Right, eat eggs, lose weight, byeee
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-24-05, 14:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 154.5/135.5/135 Female 5ft 5.5 in
BF:
Progress: 97%

Well I have my period right now and just restarted Induction, and I'm really not that concerned about it. To be honest, I usually weigh a bit more than usual during my period, then I go back down afterwards. I figure that since I'm eating better in addition, I will in fact have greater weight difference than expected and it will make me feel good and help me continue to eat low carb. So basically, I think it's good to start when you have your period, even if it only makes you feel like you lost a lot of weight. Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-19-05, 19:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 142/118/115 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:have no idea
Progress: 89%

I know in the Atkins book, it says that it being your TOM inhibits your ability to shed lbs... or in your case, stones? But I've always found that I lose just as steadily during my TOM... and if I don't, when it's over, the weightloss compensates, and I end up losing anyway Don't worry about doing induction for 3 weeks, just do a CLEAN 2 week induction and see where you are... if you feel you need to do one more week of induction, THEN, make that decision.