Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Mar-25-05, 23:25

Plan: 000
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Wow, to those with critical people in their lives:

The BEST revenge is success. When you get to your goal you can shake your old jeans in their faces and say, "SUCK IT!"

At least that's what I'm going to do to all the guys that have passed me up
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Mar-27-05, 19:48
Registered Member

Plan:
Stats: 95/95/95 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress:

Well hmmm....My mom has ALWAYS BEEN A STICK, and well about 2 yrs ago..I was a lot larger than her, but now I am not because she made me become anerexic! Parents beware of your negative comments:thats ALL I HAVE TO SAY! and Girls/Boys...DONT LISTEN TO THEM! If you are on this forum your already thinking about or in the process of LOSING WEIGHT, it takes TIME and effort and parents telling you that your FAT doesnt help one bit, SO ZONE THEM OUT...if you can, i know thats hard to do but trying doesnt hurt!!
Good luck to ALL OF YOU trying to loose weight, if you need tip/advice let me know and I will be willing to help!!!
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Apr-13-05, 11:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins?
Stats: 224/210/180 Male 5ft 9in
BF:
Progress: 32%

Sometimes people don't know what they are saying or the affect they have on people because its not happening to them. We all do it once and a while. My parents were tough on me (not necessarily weight issues) but at the same time I just had to keep in mind that they weren't really tryin to hurt me, it was just their messed up sense of trying to motivate me...jus my 2 centz
  #34   ^
Old Sun, Jun-19-05, 19:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 142/118/115 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:have no idea
Progress: 89%

I mostly just get really mixed signals from my mom. She has always been VERY supportive of me, or so she says. Always telling me that she loves me just the way I am, and I'm perfect, etc etc... but sometimes I think she's got some chemicals missing... (and I don't mean windex and pledge) Because after I got back from living in Europe (where I admit I did GAIN a lot) she told me "When you got back from Europe, I was worried about how big your butt got." Wow. That's all I said to myself. Plus, I have always teetered back and forth on the edge of an eating disorder.. and it doen't help when I stop eating, that she tells me HOW GREAT I LOOK. I think it's the parents job to mess up their kids. Just keep that in mind, and vow to yourself never to do this to your kids.